Posts by John

Hello,

I have the Nexbox A95x s905x 2GB/8GB. I have been trying kszaq build by putting image on SD card using Rufus. I then power the device with tootpick (reset button hold) but nothing happens. It just goes to normal stock from there. I did try the USB burn tool, but fails on the kszaq image.

Could someone provide the exact steps of trying out the Libreelec on the A95X 905x

UPDATE: Ok, got it working. Had to re-image the device to stock using USB burn tool and then doing toothpick method to run kszaq image on micro SD card. Now tinkering Kodi, PVR's clients are under LibreElec addons and will have to install the client of your choosing.

I have the same Netbox 95X and it does not have a reset switch so this boot method does not work. There is an alternative which I have used successfully, create a dummy.zip file in the root of the microSD card and use the Android update app to run this file. The box will reboot and find the Libreelec on the card. You only have to do this once, boot problems permitting, will now boot from SD card.

Ok, then if you created a dummy.zip, did you signed the zip, if not it will fail, as that is what I exactly just did and failed. We are making this more complicated that it should be.

It is nether a SD card nor an USB thumb drive. It is a micro SD card.

Gerald

Right, I meant to say micro sd card as a standard SD will never fit. So, again and as stated I have tried with "micro sd card" in my first response. So, it appears steps are still sketchy as I have tried with micro SD card. The LibreElec logo never appears, only the Nexbox boot animation logo, then goes to launcher home screen.

LibreELEC
    Try this one.
    Only uSD card booting works right now.
    * toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.

That's what I used and put on SD card. So, when you say "uSD" is that SD card or USB thumb drive?

Hello,

I have the Nexbox A95x s905x 2GB/8GB. I have been trying kszaq build by putting image on SD card using Rufus. I then power the device with tootpick (reset button hold) but nothing happens. It just goes to normal stock from there. I did try the USB burn tool, but fails on the kszaq image.

Could someone provide the exact steps of trying out the Libreelec on the A95X 905x

My Android TV box is a Nexbox A95X S905X 2GB/8GB. Downloaded .006 and installed without any issues and most everything is working. I tried using Logitech K400R and system will not recognize the unifying usb adapter when plugged in. I have done the usual commands (dmesg, lsub and lsmod) trying to find the issue.

Could someone point me to either steps/wiki to get system to recognize the usb adapter?