VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Hi Zomboided,

I have managed to successfully install and connect to my VPN using VPN Manager, however when I select a UK location, connect to it and try to use iplayer-www Kodi addon I get the error: "BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only."

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreELEC latest, with the VPN set to connect during boot. Any suggestions/help please?

• Hi Zomboided,

I have managed to successfully install and connect to my VPN using VPN Manager, however when I select a UK location, connect to it and try to use iplayer-www Kodi addon I get the error: "BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only."

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreELEC latest, with the VPN set to connect during boot. Any suggestions/help please?

You have to go to the vpn manager settings, addon filter, & select the addons you want to exclude

• BBC are good at not playing when you have a UK VPN (or rather are good at blocking VPNs). I get failures when I use a UK VPN from within the UK.

In my case i'm connecting from outside UK, hence the VPN. Strange thing is I also have a TV which has a amazon fire tv stick with vpn app and kodi through which iPlayer works fine.

I installed the ITV addon which requires UK IP, so that at least shows that my VPN is working.

Edited once, last by rharrison: Added ITV (August 20, 2018 at 3:25 PM).

• Pushed 5.0.5 onto the repo which re-introduces support for NordVPN using their API. You can now select which country you want to connect to and it'll do the right thing.

They also have their own branded add-on if you'd prefer to use that and want some friendly support.

• Pushed 5.0.5 onto the repo which re-introduces support for NordVPN using their API. You can now select which country you want to connect to and it'll do the right thing.

They also have their own branded add-on if you'd prefer to use that and want some friendly support.

Thanks for this :)

Damn, 2 days after my 7 day refund guarantee from IPvanish. How did you manage to get around the issue with changing servers (I think)?

• The API returns the servers dynamically so I don't need to store/update the them. If they change, then it doesn't matter - each time you connect it finds the best available server.

• Understandable.
    Although, I wasn't referring to the standard/default skins settings, I was referring to how the changes in leia's addons' settings are laid out. (See [settings] change XML format of setting values by Montellese · Pull Request #12277 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub )
    As it stands, your vpn's settings page will not open in kodi beta 18, hasn't been able to for months. It was brought up before, and you stated you did not deal with alpha builds, and for good reason.
    Just curious if that policy changes now that that particular change in kodi has been more or less finalised.

• Hi Zom. First off LOVE your work and thank you for your time on the project. My issue is with Express VPN. I am using it on several devices. The ExVPN servers have been updated so my laptops/PC's are showing 2 new and have taken off 3 old. My Kodi devices have not updated the ExVPN server list. I have tried every trick I know of, updating keys, uninstall reinstall, etc. I chatted with ExVPN support and they hadn't a clue as to why other than they've not tested Libreelec with their VPN. So I am asking the Master, you, any ideas because other than that ExVPN is working great via manager. :shy:

• lusephur I can make the page open, but there are still many things broken in the compatibility code for the existing settings layout - such as conditional displays not working, and the filtering not displaying the selected values. If this code is not going to receive any further changes as you suggest, then there are going to be a lot of add-ons broken.

There's also no documentation for the new settings approach and I'm not going to guess at what changes to make based on some example XML.

So what I said before...

• Aye, there seems to be a dearth of information concerning to new changes. And yes it looks like an awful lot of addons will indeed be broken when kodi 18 RC or PR gets released.
    From what I've been able to gather the change occurred last year in the alphas, and there has been no change since.
    Hopefully they will publish the relevant documentation in usual spaces.

Cheers for getting back to me.

Edit;
    Guidelines are published here, best of luck.

• Thanks Zom. I've tried your suggestion and still have the same results. I'm thinking that somewhere the old server list is cached somewhere. I think I'll just strip out the card and rebuild from scratch. Can't hurt. Thank you for your quick reply.

• I have been using this great addon with Leia builds (Coreelec 8.95.0) and it is working fine.