VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• bubblegum's advice has been spot on. If you can't fix the errors with ProtonVPN, then you'll need to get support from them, or use one of the other supported providers which will probably be easier for you.

• Hello and thank you for your answer. I'm sorry about your appreciation for bubblegum's and I think he just wants to help me.

the ProtonVPN provider indicates to use a sudo command that does not work in LE. I am stuck because I can not find the user manual of the LibreElec console

• You should go and read what resolv.conf is used for and determine if you need it on your system with your VPN provider. If you do, use the up and/or down scripts, which are documented in the github wiki. If you don't just remove the lines from the ovpn files and use the import wizard.

• I am sure that resolv.conf should be installed, the ProtonVPN provider clearly indicates this need.

I need to learn the root syntax and find the resolv installation package.

do you have a faster way?

Edited once, last by sparetacus (January 29, 2018 at 5:43 PM).

• In fact it was faster than I thought ^^^^

typing the syntax "apt-get install manpages-fr" in the console LibreELEC:~ # I got the answer immediately (after translation of the text into French ...)

There is no working 'apt-get'.

'apt-get' is a command to install, update and remove software which

is stored in a non local repo. 'apt-get' does nothing then connecting to such

repo, downloads the software, unpacks the software, updates a big

local database with all filepaths and other informations about the

installed software or removes or updates installed Software.

With LibreELEC it is not possible to change the system for security and

stability reasons so even 'apt-get' would not be able to do this.

We also dont have and want to maintain such a repo for various other

great reasons.

Also Ubuntu or Debian packages are often outdated and not compatible

with LibreELEC

TIP: use XBMC's addon browser to enhance your LibreELEC system

So I'm going to see XBMC:)

• Hi

I installed LibreElec on a RP3. Having a expressVPN account and trying to connect... It gives a error something to do with username, password and connection, but i dont understand what i am doing wrong. I typed the credentials 100 times and did some combinations because i get a unique user and password with manuel installation.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I hope i gave enough info. pls ask if i need to give you more information.

Greetz, Mark

Code
  • Assuming they've not changed their method of certification, or certificates (and nobody else is moaning that they have yet), then I'd guess the issue is that you've supplied a bad user key or cert which is unique to you. Clear the keys out and try supplying one of the .ovpn files you can download from their site. And yeah, check the userid and password - if you're using an Android Kodi remote app, they've been known to screw with text entry.

• I cleared all the ovpn files and downloaded them again. Did this also with the keys and crt. Are the user.key and .crt the same as the cliënt .key and .crt? Mayby do i need to turn on a port in my rourer, like 1194?

I did all the downloading with a laptop and uses putty and winSCP to transfer the files. Also tried it from a usb-stick.

Credentials, i tried the email and logincode from my account and the username/password they give for manuel settings. At the web page were i got the mauel settings, i downloaded the keys and ovpns.

Edited once, last by Markengel (January 31, 2018 at 4:00 PM).

• If you're using the import wizard, you don't need private cert/key, they're in the ovpn files

If you're using the built in support then you need to supply the cert/key. You can do this by pointing at an ovpn file with them in, or the files themselves as described in the wiki.

I did notice that you appeared to try a mixture of both previously. I'd stick with built in support.

• i'll give up. tried it many ways, red all the wiki pages, but nothing worked.

when i use the PIA account from my parrents, it workes. I'll take the easy way :)

thnx for the support

• I abandoned LE for OSMC and I can use the ProtonVPN free VPN easily.

The major reason for this inability to use LE is that the "install" command is blocked in root and sudo. Without the possibility to install extensions by the console nothing is possible when zip packets can not be found.

• For Nordvpn, I created a folder with the server udp tls & certs files, downloaded from Nordvpn, then I selected user defined, put in my username & password, then below that, selected the folder I had created, & followed the wizard.

when complete, view the log, then select first vpn in the config

• Hello,

I can not seem to be able to stream from iPlayer WWW as it keeps saying I have to be in the UK to view videos, even though the VPN I have selected is in London - UK. You clearly see in the logs that I'm connected to a UK server, but iPlayer WWW continues to give me the error:

"BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only."

I've tried clearing cache and packages with no success. I'm currently using ExpressVPN. Can anyone see what is going wrong from the log?

I don't have any issues viewing BBC iPlayer from my Windows machine using ExpressVPN on the bbc.co.uk website, so I'm assuming something is wrong with my Libreelec config.

kodi_18-02-10_18-07-41.log