VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• I have filtering enabled but for some reason when I view my local libraries (movies, music or tv shows) the vpn connects automatically.

Any ideas why?

Because you're connecting at boot and the default action is to use that connection. Don't disconnect at boot and just filter.

• Hi Guys,

I have PIA set up now and my ping was around 40 and my download speed around 24mb, yet I was still getting a whole load of freezing and buffering when watching football. Is there anything else within the settings that will help me prevent or smooth out the freezing etc?

Thanks for the help.

• I have PIA set up now and my ping was around 40 and my download speed around 24mb, yet I was still getting a whole load of freezing and buffering

Your issue of Freezing etc is not related to VPN Manager.
    24 mbs is enough speed.
    The source is the issue. If you're using Krypton then buffering really throws a stream to buffer and freeze when the source is overloaded or low on bandwidth. Jarvis seems to resume from buffering and not freeze like Krypton.

• Your issue of Freezing etc is not related to VPN Manager.
    24 mbs is enough speed.
    The source is the issue. If you're using Krypton then buffering really throws a stream to buffer and freeze when the source is overloaded or low on bandwidth. Jarvis seems to resume from buffering and not freeze like Krypton.

Thanks Kostaman,

Without the VPN my ping and download are around 25 and 30 respectively and I never get a freeze/buffer. As soon as I put the VPN on, I get buffering.

• I use vpn from SmartDnsProxy and it runs perfectly on this. I use an old laptop partitioned just with libreelec. What can cause losing all the vpn manager settings and having to reinput them when I boot the system?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• As soon as I put the VPN on, I get buffering.

I have had some sources block VPN whereby nothing opens. I changed VPN Server to a different location and streams opened.
    Livestreams sometimes block VPN IP'S or throttle connection. Maybe try changing server locations.
    I use IP Vanish and a server in my country. I have had streams open using my ip without VPN. I then turn on VPN Server in my country and nothing opens. I switch to a VPN in Dallas USA and the streams open. So it's not geo blocking.
    Try that.

• I use vpn from SmartDnsProxy and it runs perfectly on this. I use an old laptop partitioned just with libreelec. What can cause losing all the vpn manager settings and having to reinput them when I boot the system?

Settings get stored in the userdata directory, is that directory being cleared? Or is the a .xml file which persists for this addon in that path (which is /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager on some LE devices)

• I have had some sources block VPN whereby nothing opens. I changed VPN Server to a different location and streams opened.
    Livestreams sometimes block VPN IP'S or throttle connection. Maybe try changing server locations.
    I use IP Vanish and a server in my country. I have had streams open using my ip without VPN. I then turn on VPN Server in my country and nothing opens. I switch to a VPN in Dallas USA and the streams open. So it's not geo blocking.
    Try that.

I realised the same problems with ipvanish. I turned vpn off as well. It worked straight away. So I have to change the server as well.

• I realised the same problems with ipvanish. I turned vpn off as well. It worked straight away. So I have to change the server as well.

That's what worked for me. Changed server and it worked. I thought i had to turn off VPN to make it work but i changed server and it worked as well.
    Try the Dallas 1 UDP if your using IP Vanish.

• It doesn't get cleared, but yes it is in the path you say. Does it need to be moved?

make sure you're on the latest version of the add-on and then delete the that file and everything else in that directory.

Then reboot and set up a connection. Then save out the xml. Switch on debug as per the first post in this thread and reboot. Get a log, save out the xml again. Blank out your user name and password from the xml files and post them up with the log and I'll see what's happening.

• make sure you're on the latest version of the add-on and then delete the that file and everything else in that directory.

Then reboot and set up a connection. Then save out the xml. Switch on debug as per the first post in this thread and reboot. Get a log, save out the xml again. Blank out your user name and password from the xml files and post them up with the log and I'll see what's happening.

KODI LOG - Pastebin.com - is the kodi log
    SETTINGS - Pastebin.com - are the 2 setting files

Also, the issue doesn't appear to happen when I reboot the system, only when I shut it down and restart

• I cannot use the newer vpn manager versions. After 20 minutes of downloading the provider files I get the following error: "Unable to download the VPN provider files. Check log and try again."
    I tried several times, the last time with a new clean install of LibreELEC. At the moment i'm using version 3.1.2 which is working.

My log file is here: 20:37:55.996 T:1962713088 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://ma - Pastebin.com

I'm using NordVPN.

Edited once, last by RedNas74 (May 20, 2017 at 8:05 PM).

• I cannot use the newer vpn manager versions. After 20 minutes of downloading the provider files I get the following error: "Unable to download the VPN provider files. Check log and try again."
    I tried several times, the last time with a new clean install of LibreELEC. At the moment i'm using version 3.1.2 which is working.

My log file is here: 20:37:55.996 T:1962713088 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://ma - Pastebin.com

I'm using NordVPN.

Pick another vpn (try private internet access). Do you have the same issue? (Just enter random crap for user/pass) or does it download and try and connect
    [hr]

KODI LOG - Pastebin.com - is the kodi log
    SETTINGS - Pastebin.com - are the 2 setting files

Also, the issue doesn't appear to happen when I reboot the system, only when I shut it down and restart

Your xml is being wiped/reset to default. This isn't happening to other people so I suspect it's something in your setup. Do you have an addon "helpfully" cleaning up your user directory? Recreate it on a fresh install and add things back in as needed (or get me a log of it failing on fresh install)

Edited once, last by zomboided (May 21, 2017 at 2:44 AM).