[9.0.0] LibreELEC builds for MX2/G18

• Since many people seems to have problems with creating the storage partition with the label, I have created an image (storage.img.gz) so you can now create it with LibreELEC USB-SD Creator.

The easiest way to install LE 8.0:
    1. install the zip from recovery as usual (please note that you don't need the ext3 partition for this step!)
    2. power off the device
    3. create the storage partition on SD card or USB drive using storage.img.gz and LibreELEC USB-SD Creator
    4. insert the storage device and power on the box

Hope this helps!

• I couldn't get any addons to function with the Libreelec/Krypton build so I've downgraded back to openelec 6.0.3.

Am I the only one who cannot get addons to function? Is there something I missed?

• I only wish I had the box in my possesion so I could go through the steps from above. Thank you for your great efforts Koprajs! Quick question though, does this create an external storage on the SD or USB and not create it on the onboard internal partition for it, meaning I'd have to leave the card or usb stick in?

Edited once, last by tierry (April 24, 2017 at 3:59 AM).

• I only wish I had the box in my possesion so I could go through the steps from above. Thank you for your great efforts Koprajs! Quick question though, does this create an external storage on the SD or USB and not create it on the onboard internal partition for it, meaning I'd have to leave the card or usb stick in?

Yes, this creates the storage on SD card or USB drive. You have 2 options:

1. Leave the SD card or USB drive in and continue to use it (this is good if your internal NAND is not working anymore or if you want bigger or even faster storage).

2. Or you can enable SSH, login and run the tune2fs command from OP to enable storage on internal NAND. Then you can remove the SD card or USB drive.

In either way you only need to do this once (when setting this build up). Updating to the next versions will work as usual (copy the TAR file to Update folder and reboot).

Edited once, last by KOPRajs (April 24, 2017 at 10:24 AM).

• Hi,
    I'm trying to help my brother to get this running since his box is old g-box midnight.
    1.He was able to update to 8.01 from 6.03 openelec.He did create the SD card 2gig size with ext3 and LIBREELEC_DISK label for the first boot.
    But in his situation the card need to be always in the unit or otherwise giving him error and when he trying to load repository around 120mb size
    error coming that is not enough space after 8% loading.
    Looks to me the creation of Libreelec_disc is not correct to tell the unit to use external storage since his internal do not have more space only 6kb.
    Please advise

Edited once, last by styr (April 24, 2017 at 12:55 PM).

• Still having problems with finding this setting here are the directions I am trying to follow.. Anyone have an idea why this option isn't here?

kodi 17.1 to enable: Addons -> My Addons -> VideoPlayer InputStream -> RTMP input

Try Addons -> Install from repository -> LibreELEC Add-ons -> VideoPlayer InputStream -> you know what ;)

I got version 8.0.1 working using the usb method as I couldn't get access via SSH - kept getting an error saying that I was 'refused'. I think this might be because I had previously accessed openelec via SSH and it has the same IP address are libreelec.

The build seems good but I can't seem to get my old addons to work like they used to (e.g. ******). Anybody else having this problem?

You need to enable SSH service in LibreELEC Configuration -> Services before connecting to SSH.

I couldn't get any addons to function with the Libreelec/Krypton build so I've downgraded back to openelec 6.0.3.

Am I the only one who cannot get addons to function? Is there something I missed?

What does it mean "couldn't get any addons to function"? If you don't see anything under the Enter add-on browser section from main menu try Addons -> Install from repository -> ...

If you want to use the internal NAND for storage you need to login via SSH and run the tune2fs command from OP. Then you can remove the external SD card or USB drive. The not enough space problem might be caused by a small storage partition. You can try to create it from this image (storage.img.gz) using LibreELEC USB-SD Creator. It is only 512 MB but it is set to be automatically resized to a whole device upon first boot.

Hope this helps! :)

Edited once, last by KOPRajs (April 24, 2017 at 1:04 PM).

• Edited once, last by styr (April 24, 2017 at 1:58 PM).

• On the internal storage looks like is no more space due to defective nand.
    The only option for him is to create external storage propertley.(My question is why he need to keep the card all the time in?? ---- without card hi is getting the eror.)
    How to create correctly external drive? to make sure the unit will give him an option to load some repisatory like Aries, etc..... but that require space.
    Thanks

The storage is the place where your system stores all its runtime data (settings, add-ons, downloads, cache, thumbnails, etc.). So if you use external device for storage you can't remove it. Clearing the storage means factory reset.

If you're not sure how to properly create an empty storage with the needed LIBREELEC_DISK label, you can use the image I've provided (storage.img.gz). Just write it to SD card or USB drive with LibreELEC USB-SD Creator.

Edited once, last by KOPRajs (April 24, 2017 at 3:06 PM).

• TA-DA! LibreELEC working!
    Setting "boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1" and "disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2" and replaced bootloader.img on the original with android

dualboot
    TV Headend running on AMLogic DVB-S2 "Android TV" box - Tvheadend

tnx!

wi-fi does not work(

Can you tell me why you replace bootlader.img and setup "boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1" and "disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2" ____ what was your problem ?
    I'm trying to get some repository loaded but I'm getting the error no space even I had LibreElec boot from sd card.
    any help appreciated

• Since many people seems to have problems with creating the storage partition with the label, I have created an image (storage.img.gz) so you can now create it with LibreELEC USB-SD Creator.

1. install the zip from recovery as usual (please note that you don't need the ext3 partition for this step!)
    2. power off the device
    3. create the storage partition on SD card or USB drive using storage.img.gz and LibreELEC USB-SD Creator

Hope this helps!

That's so awesome, I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for your forethought into this Koprajz.

2. power off the device

Hope this helps!

Hi Koprajs

Can you please do a version for 8.0.1 for Nand installation please but without creating the label i mean just like you created 7.95 its so simple to use

Just a request if you could please do so as would use on Nand but the last time i tried using creating ext3 format it was just giving error so went back to 7.95

If you could do for 8.0.1 just the tar and zip file that would be great ( without having to use ext3 format ) that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

• This is update to my previous post.
    Please take a look at the partition from the attached picture.
    It looks to me that the internal storage is full.But why?
    /dev/mmcblk0p1 27mb total, used 26.3 and free 1kb 100% used
    then external (original card is 29.6 gig) after creating LIBREELEC_disc with the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator size became small and stays small at 867.8mb
    /dev/system total 867.9 mb 123 mb was used and free are 729mb is only 14% used. ( he still should be able to use this one)
    My conclusion is; either the unit is redirecting new repos only to internal storage (and from KOPRajs post: after creating disc image the device should use external storage) since external has some space.The other problem could be that the external should have different name not /dev/system/
    I'm hoping to someone point me in right direction.
    Can someone please post the screen shot of filesystem with external storage to be used for repository files.
    Thanks in advance

• Hi Koprajs

Can you please do a version for 8.0.1 for Nand installation please but without creating the label i mean just like you created 7.95 its so simple to use

Just a request if you could please do so as would use on Nand but the last time i tried using creating ext3 format it was just giving error so went back to 7.95

If you could do for 8.0.1 just the tar and zip file that would be great ( without having to use ext3 format ) that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sorry, I'm not going to create another version. It would cause even more confusion and it would take a lot of time as I would have to make all following versions twice.

Please read the above guide carefully. Is it really so hard to follow? You don't need to create the ext3 manually anymore, just use the provided image of empty storage.

• Sorry, I'm not going to create another version. It would cause even more confusion and it would take a lot of time as I would have to make all following versions twice.

Please read the above guide carefully. Is it really so hard to follow? You don't need to create the ext3 manually anymore, just use the provided image of empty storage.

My problem is different, the unit will boot no problem (is empty LIBReElec)but is no more available storage to load repos.Please take look at my screen capture

• I'm afraid you are making false conclusions here. Let's make it more clear:

- /dev/system - this is internal read-only partition with system files (that's where LibreELEC or Android is installed)
    - /dev/data - that is internal partition used for storage (it is not there because you are not using it)
    - /dev/mmcblk0p1 - this is first partition on your SD card
    - /dev/sda1 - that would be first partition on your USB drive

Now please try again to create the storage on SD card or USB drive using the storage.img.gz with LibreELEC USB-SD Creator and see if it gets correctly resized to the size of your device upon first boot.

• I'm afraid you are making false conclusions here. Let's make it more clear:

- /dev/system - this is internal read-only partition with system files (that's where LibreELEC or Android is installed)
    - /dev/data - that is internal partition used for storage (it is not there because you are not using it)
    - /dev/mmcblk0p1 - this is first partition on your SD card
    - /dev/sda1 - that would be first partition on your USB drive

Now please try again to create the storage on SD card or USB drive using the storage.img.gz with LibreELEC USB-SD Creator and see if it gets correctly resized to the size of your device upon first boot.

Thanks for your reply.
    /dev/mmcblk0p1---- 27.0mb is very small in my brother's case.Can it resize with partition program only and should work fine?

how many partitions after properly making storage on sd card we should see?

• Thanks for your reply.
    /dev/mmcblk0p1---- 27.0mb is very small in my brother's case.Can it resize with partition program only and should work fine?

how many partitions after properly making storage on sd card we should see?

It seems that the partition did not get resized.

I've made some changes and re-uploaded the storage.img.gz. Please re-download and try it again. Hopefully it will get resized this time.

Edited once, last by KOPRajs (April 26, 2017 at 2:20 PM).