Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Can you try installing Lakka (Lakka - The DIY open source retrogaming emulation console) on your box and test your gamepad?

• thank you for your hard work and time Niabi - I haven't updated yet to version 1.84 but I did buy a couple of new SD cards tonight so I will test / upgrade over the weekend.

the only issue I have encountered since has been the screen size / resolution - when I play almost any game the top or bottom of the original screen is cut off, I have to manually change the aspect ratio to get it to display on the screen (1080p) correctly without being cut off - any way you can suggest to have the automatic aspect ratio sized correctly? also it'd be nice to add bezels to the emulated games, but one step at a time.

thank you.

Honestly this seems to be an issue (or rather a non-issue) on your TV settings, you could go into Retroarch menu (lt+rt or middle button if using a Xbox 360 Gamepad or similar) and change the video settings to fit your needs, but I don't think there is a way to auto fix it, since it seems its yout TV doing the cutoff. Also this will only change Retroarch and not PPSSPP standalone or Advance Mame.

• Can you try installing Lakka (Lakka - The DIY open source retrogaming emulation console) on your box and test your gamepad?

Hi there.

Current stable LAKKA build tested, PS4 pad detected and responds yet on the menu moving up and down isn’t usable. Jumps from top menu item to the bottom in one press. Shoulder buttons help yet still skip/jump weirdly.

I did test Retroarch on the v9.0 leia test build using jokerz‘s repo which worked fine yet I presume is an aged version so could avoid a recent bug introduced.

I’m looking at getting an x360 pad as an alternative.

• I had problems with the ps4 pad too but the solution is easy, with a keyboard and pad disabled, you go to input 1, go to bind all and connect the DS4, and do the assistant with the corresponding keys, I think there is a failure with the L2 and you will have to do it manually, but once done the configuration is saved and it is totally usable

• I tried PPSSPP but It displays in a letter box, top left of my screen (a 4K one)

How can I change resolution ?

I tried different parameters in ppsspp.ini without success.

Thanks

• I tried PPSSPP but It displays in a letter box, top left of my screen (a 4K one)

How can I change resolution ?

I tried different parameters in ppsspp.ini without success.

Thanks

Try in the PPSSPP settings directly (press the middle button on an Xbox gamepad)

• Hi there.

Current stable LAKKA build tested, PS4 pad detected and responds yet on the menu moving up and down isn’t usable. Jumps from top menu item to the bottom in one press. Shoulder buttons help yet still skip/jump weirdly.

I did test Retroarch on the v9.0 leia test build using jokerz‘s repo which worked fine yet I presume is an aged version so could avoid a recent bug introduced.

I’m looking at getting an x360 pad as an alternative.

Is the DS4 a genuine one or a generic? I keep finding mixed results, some say DS4 does not work on Lakka, other say they do, and some say only genuine DS4 pads work. I have a DS4 pad but I haven't had time to really test it. Maybe try the solution that DarzLir posted?

I really should write (or someone else could help me with this) some small how-to on setting up controllers. I've also been trying to figure out how Recalbox, Retropie and such handle the automatic setup and it seems to be doable on our boxes, I just need to translate it to Libreelec.

• Is the DS4 a genuine one or a generic? I keep finding mixed results, some say DS4 does not work on Lakka, other say they do, and some say only genuine DS4 pads work. I have a DS4 pad but I haven't had time to really test it. Maybe try the solution that DarzLir posted?

I really should write (or someone else could help me with this) some small how-to on setting up controllers. I've also been trying to figure out how Recalbox, Retropie and such handle the automatic setup and it seems to be doable on our boxes, I just need to translate it to Libreelec.

OK there is progress... I have official Sony PS4 pads.

I got fed up and decided to rollback and start from a known point - v1.7 and restored my working qbackup and ROMs as did a hard reset during the install on internal storage.

Still no joy working from the pad even like this. This was known working for games before.

Pad works fine in Kodi yet refuses to work for RetroArch or even Reicast with its own mapping!

So I pulled out pad two - a shop bought new revision with the light bar added to the top of the touchpad... bingo! This works without issue as user one. A google confirms others have had differences between PS4 pads on Retropie for example. Explains why the remapping fix wasn’t working on 1.8.5 either - it would detect the pad, detect the buttons then neither the pad or keyboard then responds to save it/use. I will upgrade again and retry as seems a combination of the retroarch config bug plus the Bluetooth hardware.

• I had problems with the ps4 pad too but the solution is easy, with a keyboard and pad disabled, you go to input 1, go to bind all and connect the DS4, and do the assistant with the corresponding keys, I think there is a failure with the L2 and you will have to do it manually, but once done the configuration is saved and it is totally usable

Hi DarzLir - any chance you can copy the config file and share it please? Might be easier for some people.

• Hey niabi - I just tried to install 1.8.5 directly via the update folder.

At the splash screen I got a message "could not find a valid system partition" which halted the process.

Edited once, last by Quidgebo (March 29, 2018 at 4:15 PM).

• From 1.7 to 1.8.5 using the current dtb in the folder too with the img file. It’s all running from internal.

I had no issues with the update last time around when using 1.8.2 or 1.8.4.

• Hi niabi or someone who had the same issue. I have the 1.8.4 running on my s905x. Everything works like charm, except the Dreamcast Emu. I've the bios and all as .cdi files games. But when I start a game, only the screen where you can change the date/time appears and I can do anything. Nothing is responding to my controller inputs (xbox360). Do I miss something? Thx for help.

• Hi niabi or someone who had the same issue. I have the 1.8.4 running on my s905x. Everything works like charm, except the Dreamcast Emu. I've the bios and all as .cdi files games. But when I start a game, only the screen where you can change the date/time appears and I can do anything. Nothing is responding to my controller inputs (xbox360). Do I miss something? Thx for help.

Unfortunately right now you need to go into ssh and configure your controller there, I will post the steps in a few hours when I get home.