tvheadend, ATSC and epg...

• speaking of user/pass for TvH. Does any one else have this issue when login into Tvh Web interface. It will ask for the user/pass multiple times before allowing me access. I wonder if that is whats going on here with the addon.

• speaking of user/pass for TvH. Does any one else have this issue when login into Tvh Web interface. It will ask for the user/pass multiple times before allowing me access. I wonder if that is whats going on here with the addon.

Yes, I did have this. I think, you need to create a user, with the same username & password configured in the server. But, to be honest, I'm not sure.

• cabbresson - I was just doing some username/password testing with tvh and noticed a similar issue with multiple logins needed. Seemed ot happen when I had multiple accounts with the same rights access. Not sure why this would be - but may be causing the issue.

One way to check is to enter the following url into chrome:

USERNAME:[email protected]:9981/api/status/connections

You should get a json response with the connection status. A popup for signing in should not appear. (Note - you need to use chrome for the test as firefox and IE always have a popup. They don't seem to know how to handle the username/password combo in the url - which is weird.

Let me know if you get a clean response for this. If so, it will help me focus on where your issue is.

• You should get a json response with the connection status. A popup for signing in should not appear.

I did NOT get the sign in popup. What I got is below.

Code
    {"entries":[{"id":36,"server":"192.168.1.191","server_port":9982,"peer":"192.168.1.144","peer_port":40216,"started":1512525217,"type":"HTSP","user":"admin"},{"id":1,"server":"127.0.0.1","server_port":9982,"peer":"127.0.0.1","peer_port":49986,"started":1512444027,"type":"HTSP","user":"admin"}],"totalCount":2}
  • Great work. Just had a successful download, with no error. Vacation must help with coding.

Code
    2017/12/06 17:45:42 Kodi settings version is: None
    2017/12/06 17:45:42 Running zap2epg for zipcode: 50702 and lineup: Local Over the Air Broadcast
    2017/12/06 17:45:42 Adding Tvheadend username and password to request url...
    2017/12/06 17:45:42 Accessing Tvheadend channel list from: http://127.0.0.1:9981
    2017/12/06 17:45:42 23 Tvheadend channels found...
  • Looks like testing reports are good for Kodi 17/18 - LE 8/9 compatibility so I'm going to update for real.

I've also added a function that pre-selects the OTA Tvheadend channels that are enabled on your system when creating your channel list. This basically automates the process of adding only the OTA stations your using to your epg data downloads to speed things up.

Enjoy!

Releases · edit4ever/script.module.zap2epg · GitHub

And thank you for reporting any issues.

• This seems to run and download the info but I get an error message from TVHeadend labeled "EPG Update" that says "Communication failure" and the EPG Screen remains blank on TVHeadend. From the TVHeadend log file, it looks like TVHeadend crashes and reboots. The XMLTV.xml file looks good and the log file from Zap2Epg looks complete but TVHeadend doesn't seem to load the xml file.

I'm running an RPi3 with LibreElec 8.0.2, TVHeadend 4.2.2-32, with Zap2EPG 6.2 using HDHomerun Connect as the Tuner.

• OK - looks like I need to take a look at the username/password configuration.

Thanks for the update - I'll take a look and let you know when I have a fix to test!

--- actually - can you try a test for me? From a web browser enter the following:

USERNAME:[email protected]:9981/api/channel/grid?all=1&limit=999999999&sort=name

Then if you get a response with that - try the version below:

USERNAME:[email protected]:9981/api/channel/grid?all=1&limit=999999999&sort=name&filter=[{"type":"boolean","value":true,"field":"enabled"}]

If that gives an error - please let me know.

Thanks!

• edit4ever I had the old zap2xml originally enabled but I disabled it when I installed zap2epg, which I enabled and remapped the epg grabber channels to. I also deleted the epg grabber channel mappings from the zap2xml addon.

I just re-ran the epg grabber from the TVHeadend EPG page refresh button and got the Communication error and the log below from TVHeadend. It seems to be grabbing information from the xml file but not displaying it in the EPG page? The log also lists several upcoming recordings but they also do not show up in the "Upcoming / Current recordings" Page

• cloudfire there seems to be an issue in your tvheadend setup. The zap2epg addon doesn't create a log for recordings and other aspects of tvh.

You seem to be running the older LE 8.02 - perhaps you can resintall tvh...and I would also recommend updating to LE 8.2.1 which is a stable release.

If you want to include a debug log, we can take a look and see if something else is going on with tvh.

One thing to check - since it is not currently working correctly - is to turn off the "Append Tvheadend Service Name" option in the zap2epg settings.

cabbresson - thanks for the info. There is a bug in the tvh api that I need to work around if they don't fix it.

• For those of you testing on LE 9 builds (like Milhouse) - here is an updated Tvheadend42 addon for RPi 2/3 with commits that add the ability to replace the weird/missing tvh genre listings with the original genre/category information from the xmltv file.

Dropbox - service.tvheadend42-9.0.113c.zip

If you update to this version of Tvheadend42 (RPi 2/3 only!) - then take a look at the EPG Grabber Modules tab and select my zap2epg addon - you will notice new checkboxes for:

• Scrape credits and extra information:
    • Alter programme description to include detailed information:
    • Use category instead of genre:

If you enable the first and third items and set the "Include Episode Genres" option in the zap2epg addon to "Original" - the epg in Kodi will now show the complete set of genre information for the show and it will not color in the epg.

If you prefer a colored epg, you can just select the "Scrape credits and extra information" option in the tvh epg grabber and then set the "Include Episode Genres" option in the zap2epg addon to "Simple" or "Full" depending on your coloring preferences.

Please note - when you enable these options, you will need to rerun the grabber and reload the epg in Kodi (which you can do through the PVR settings or rebooting)

Unfortunately, while I can provide an updated Tvheadend42 for LE 8.2 - it won't give you the same benefits as the pvr.hts client needs updating as well and there are too many commits to try to backport. Consider it a new function for the upcoming LE 9 release. :)

Let me know if you have any questions!