remote.conf repository

• I also bought a WeChip V7 and have the same problem. Original remote.conf doesn't work at all.

What does the remote look like? I have two different ones, one for an EgoIggo and one for an ANTSIR box, which also worked for an ABOX MAX (you can already tell from the pictures that they are the same).

So, if yours looks like one of those, I'll be happy to provide the file.

• What does the remote look like? I have two different ones, one for an EgoIggo and one for an ANTSIR box, which also worked for an ABOX MAX (you can already tell from the pictures that they are the same).

So, if yours looks like one of those, I'll be happy to provide the file.

My remote looks like of the ANTSIR and the ABOX MAX of your pictures. If you can provide me the files, I'll test them. Thanks.

• Hi,

the one for the ANTSIR Box is actually already available in this post over at kodinerds. That is where I got it from (copy & paste) in the first place, but meanwhile I also have the original from my box. It is in the attachment. Also, there is a file remote_gen.xml, which will allow you to use the button with the browser symbol down left for play/pause and the delete button down right for stop (which you otherwise have to do via OK and choosing the corresponding option).

You do realize that remote.conf needs to go to /flash or, if you want to put it on the SD card/USB-Stick directly, on the LIBRELEC partition along with the device tree and such (I believe, you can also put it in /etc instead). The file remote_gen.xml has been generated using the Keymap Editor addon and needs to go in /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps.

Hope this will help!

ANTSIR.zip

• You do realize that remote.conf needs to go to /flash or, if you want to put it on the SD card/USB-Stick directly, on the LIBRELEC partition along with the device tree and such (I believe, you can also put it in /etc instead).

I always put the remote.conf file in the config folder (/storage/.config). It has worked for me with S805/S905 boxes, so I suppose it's the same with S912 boxes. I've tried with your files, but no success. Thanks anyway.

I've tried using dmesg to detect keystrokes, but it doesn't detect any key. I'm starting to think that it's a problem with hardware configuration, maybe a wrong dtb file. It could be possible?

I started using gxm_q200_3g.dtb, because my box has 3G of RAM. I've also tried with gxm_kvim2.dtb and gxm_q200_k3_pro.dtb, but the remote never works.

• I always put the remote.conf file in the config folder (/storage/.config). It has worked for me with S805/S905 boxes, so I suppose it's the same with S912 boxes. I've tried with your files, but no success. Thanks anyway.

I've tried using dmesg to detect keystrokes, but it doesn't detect any key. I'm starting to think that it's a problem with hardware configuration, maybe a wrong dtb file. It could be possible?

I started using gxm_q200_3g.dtb, because my box has 3G of RAM. I've also tried with gxm_kvim2.dtb and gxm_q200_k3_pro.dtb, but the remote never works.

Forgive me for asking (probably thinking of the IT crowd too often): You did put battries in, didn't you?

But: at kodinerds, antaril reported a problem with his remote even with the ANTSIR box which sounds similar.

• how about one for the Mecool M8S PRO L

You could try the zip file I attached above for the ANTSIR box above, since the remotes look very much alike (the symbols are a bit different and the mouse and menu buttons are interchanged). On the other hand, your device looks like a S912 as well, so you might run into the same problems as felixob ...

On the other hand, you can easily get a hold of the original remote.conf without rooting the device by following these steps:

a) Boot into Android

b) Install ES File Explorer from the Play Store

c) plug in a thumb drive or an SD card

c) Navigate to /etc and copy the file remote.conf onto the drive/card

Just one thing: it makes a lot of sense to attach a proper mouse for the navigation, since ES file explorer is not very amenable to the remote :cry:

• @ techguru:

I have this one since yesterday. I would try to modify the original config, unluckily I installed to internal before saving the config from android. Would you please upload the android remote config?

• thanks, I will try it. The M8S L has some buttons more which could get used like for "Tabulator" on keyboard (change between Movie/Music/Picture and menu-overlay) or a button for "jump directly to Mainscreen". I would use the 2 buttons in the upper middle (mute and Internet) for that.

Whats the difference between 8.2 and 8.9 builds?

• Yes, perfect, made a small test this morning, wrytasy 's version works on M8S L

Thank you very much. Some buttons are still free, so I will work with the instructions to modify it. The linked version is a very good start.

• - what is the linux Code for changing the audio/language? I dont find it anywhere. It is the action "AudioNextLanguage"

- For me it seems that "home" and "back" have the same function inside kodi could that be?

- with the keyboard I use "tabulator" for switching between menu and video/Audio/picture (whatever is been showed in that moment). Which linux code could that be? I think it is the Action "FullScreen"

I change Pause and Stop to the "Vol- and VOl+" from the "TVControl" Area, since they are unique, while "Set" and "TV in" are doublings of other keys.

Edited once, last by flyingernst (December 3, 2017 at 10:06 AM).