LibreELEC Krypton/Leia/Agile build for Odroid C2, Rock64, WeTek Hub, WeTek Play2

• Hi,
    after my unsuccesful experiments with a Minix U1 box I have to functional question for a Wetek Play2 box:

1.) Can I connect the monitor/video output via HDMI and analog audio output through the A/V socket with the TRRS jack (like Line-Out in earlier days) to connect to my amplifier?

2.) Is there a LibreELEC build which supports other DVB-T2 receivers / USB Stick than the builtin ones? I would like to use two Geniatech T230C sticks as receivers.

Thanks, krimskrams

• You'll need a zip file. Raybuntu probably doesn't provide it.

Download the official zip and install that to NAND then update to a Raybuntu build if that's what you want.

Ok thanks .... in summary:
    1 - install from sd card recovery with LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.010.zip
    2 - Updating putting in the update folder LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz

• Yes lrusak is right. I do not provide install to NAND because according to WeTek it voids the warranty and imho adroid dual boot is pretty valuable to give up. The step lrusak described is the only way but beware if you brick your device you might not get any support from Wetek.

• lrusak take a look at wetekforums and there was a discussion on slack. They have that in their warranty agreement. @ned_scott knows where exactly.

Ok thanks to restore Android simply repeat the same procedure with sd card and zip files wetek os? where I wetek os zip?

• Take a look at wetekforums there are some zip files hosted to restore weOS. You need to restore those from android recovery.

sorry but I have not figured out how to move from LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.010.zip, your LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz.
    I tried to put the file LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz. but it tells me that the update is not compatible ......

• Hi

I think I need some assistance as I cannot find what I am doing wrong.
    Trying to install Aeon Nox skin and get error did not install message. Looking at the logs it complains about MD5 checksum being wrong.
    Below are the steps:

- new installation of latest image (B2 I think is called) on my Odroid-C2 device
    - used Libreelec tool to write the image to media
    - boots up fine
    - nothing else installed (no addons, etc) justpain vanilla image
    - trying to install Aeon Nox from Kodi repo gets the above described error
    - tried another skin (a random one) from the Kodi repo and same
    - tried another random skin and it started downloading
    - tried Aeon Nox and same issue

Tried another image (jarvis) - the christmas one posted on the Odroid forums by wrtx (i think that is the name) - same issue

Can not understand why.
    Maybe one of you have more info on this or can see what I am doing wrong?

Edited once, last by MnM01 (February 8, 2017 at 4:03 AM).

• It means that there is something wrong with the kodi repo. Just check for updates in the repo leftside menu.

• To upgrade from LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.tar to LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0-rb-alpha1.tar I only need this steps?

Code
    touch /storage/.update/.nocompat
    cd /storage/.update/
    wget http://raybuntu.libreelec.tv/images/alpha/LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0-rb-alpha1.tar
    reboot

After reboot just delete .tar?
    Thanks
    [hr]
    I didn't wait for an answer and I done this steps, updated successfully, first thing I notice was the ssh root password changed to "libreelec"

Edited once, last by TeHashX (February 8, 2017 at 3:24 PM).

• media_build is not possible on WP2 since it would break internal tuner support.

Unless you want to intentionally break internal tuner support and connect superior USB Dual Tuner DVB's to the Play2.

I can look at a standard 64bit media_build for the WeTek Hub. Now we have the 64bit memory allocation problem fixed. This would then be compatible with the official 64bit LibreELEC Hub builds, so users can flip between them easily if they wish.
    [hr]

sorry but I have not figured out how to move from LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.010.zip, your LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz.
    I tried to put the file LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.arm-8.0-rb-beta2b.img.gz. but it tells me that the update is not compatible ......

I would suggest when updating any LibreELEC that you use the .tar updates only as its a noticably quicker update process than using a .img.gz file.

Edited once, last by wrxtasy (February 9, 2017 at 2:54 AM).