v8.0.0: Device crashes when entering suspended mode (nVidia driver issue)

• chewitt

Oh well...that seems logic. I will test the newest version.

By the way, some times my Libreelec device randomly shuts down. Its rare, like 1 time on each 10. And in the logs I don't seem to find any information. Can it be related with the usage of an old (legacy) driver (as a fix for this issue on the thread, of course) ?

EDIT: Tested the suspend function and not working. Reverting changes to legacy driver. Frustrating...

Just out of curiosity, using ASUS EB 1033

Im seriously thinking of moving towards NVIDIA SHIELD at this time. Anyway I love Libreelec and know its not its fault. But I guess on Black Friday 2 NVIDIA SHIELDS will come this way and I will move on from Libreelec to Android at this time. Everything works.

Edited 2 times, last by djhifi (October 29, 2017 at 2:53 AM).

• Confirming that the suspend problem still exists with the Nvidia 384.90 driver contained in LibreELEC 8.2.0, on a machine with GeForce GT640.

Reverting to legacy 340.104 :(

• Same here :( Just tested sleep with 384.90 driver: freeze upon sleep (underscore in left upper corner)

Legacy works.

Shouldn't 384.90 have fixed the freeze upon supend error?

(GT610)

• I concur...

Built a 'fresh' LE 8.2.3 system, with a GT520, and a first attempt at a Blu Ray drive.

Everything worked great, until it tried to take a nap, and got the 'black screen with a cursor' screen of death...

Did the WGET/UDEV fix, and confirmed the 340 version of the driver, and functioning 'sleep' mode...

Do I 'lose' anything using the older video driver ?

Edited once, last by yubby: miss-spelled "and" (February 3, 2018 at 7:51 PM).

• So, LibreElec 8.2.5 with new nvidia drivers is out. Anyone tested if freeze upon suspend is still happening?

The new Version has 390.42 drivers.

The LE8.25 update with Nvidia 390.42 continues to have the sleep/suspend hang issue.

The Legacy driver (bumped to v. 340.106 in the LE update) still does the sleep/resume operation properly.

• The LE8.25 update with Nvidia 390.42 continues to have the sleep/suspend hang issue.

The Legacy driver (bumped to v. 340.106 in the LE update) still does the sleep/resume operation properly.

i can confirm this.... a pity... still lagacy needed

regards Dirk

• I fear this will never get fixed :(

Do newer Low-Profile NVIDIA Cards with x265 support work better/normal with suspend mode and the new drivers?

Any experiences?

• The Nvidia / Suspend is getting more weird here, this is all on my GT1030 machine, where I re-did the suspend routine, twice.

I re-installed LE 8.2.5 with Nvidia 390.42 (to make sure I had the correct 8.2.5 version, there were 3 different test releases of that version), and LE went twice into suspend and came out of it, working okay, both times.

The Milhouse #422 release with Nvidia 390.48: The first suspend routine went fine, and the display came back. Then I did some minimal Kodi GUI browsing, and went into suspend mode for a second time. This 2nd time did not go down well, and suspend did not materialize. The PC stayed on...

I also double-tested Ubuntu 16.04 with Linux kernel 4.13.0.38 and Nvidia 390.48. That combination went into suspend twice flawlessly.

For now, it's safe to say that Nvidia drivers and certain Linux kernels can be a volatile combination. :(

• I have also this bug but I use Intel video not Nvidia. I migrate from openELEC to LibreELEC because it seems to be safer but this bug was solved in the last release of openELEC. So :@

• Thanks kurai , i just logged in to ask if someone tested on the LE9 betas. So, this problem won‘t get fixed anytime soon.

I considered getting a new pascal based nvidia card with x265 support, but Klojum with a GT1030 reports having the problems also.