[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• @ kszaq

Great news! I noticed frame skips on some new channels on my live tv, and it's not there on my S812 which upgraded itself to LE8.
    Thank you and everyone else who contributes their time and effort to this project.

• I posted 7.0.3.012k build in OP. It includes all kernel improvements from my 8.0 builds and all Kodi improvements that apply to Jarvis. This is the last 7.0 build for S905/S905X.

• I posted 7.0.3.012k build in OP. It includes all kernel improvements from my 8.0 builds and all Kodi improvements that apply to Jarvis. This is the last 7.0 build for S905/S905X.

Thank you for your continous work you put in to this project.
    The result is a fantastic.

• Many thanks kszaq, I've spent an hour testing, this last build is really perfect.

Interesting... I have the same box of you (Mini M8S II whit LE 8.0 installed on SD card). Do you think is better to come back to LE 7? What significant differences do you notice between the two versions that should bring me back to Krypton?

• Hi Andrea

with every LE8 release I've had dropped and skipped frames (just a few, but noticeable). Sometimes when watching a movie, and also by bringing up the OSD. And as I share my database with a Xiaomi Mi Box running SPMC 16.x, it was an easy decision to rollback :)

• Hi Andrea

with every LE8 release I've had dropped and skipped frames (just a few, but noticeable). Sometimes when watching a movie, and also by bringing up the OSD. And as I share my database with a Xiaomi Mi Box running SPMC 16.x, it was an easy decision to rollback :)

I agree. 7.0.3.012j is as close to perfect playback as I'm likely to see. No dropped/skipped frames at all. I tried 7.0.3.012k and I noticed very slight stuttering, so I'm staying with "j". All my files are stored on a 2TB external HDD and played back via the USB port. I should add that 95% of my videos have a frame rate of 23.976, and I have refresh rate switching turned on so that the TV goes into 1080/24p mode. To test for "stutter", I play back a certain portion of the first Hobbit film that has a lot of sweeping panorama scenes (the easiest scene types to detect any stutter).

With LE 8 the best I have found so far is 8.0.1i - only very minor stuttering on playback - but the best so far for me. "j" was worse than "i" for me. The only reason for me to move from LE 7 to 8 would be if a killer Kodi skin came out on Krypton. I have LE 7 on NAND and LE 8 on SD card.

Using S905 Beelink MX64 with 2GB ram and 8GB internal storage.

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (May 3, 2017 at 1:32 PM).

• 7.0.3.012k on MiniM8SII (s905x, 2/16gb) fails to display kodi, log shows error:

Code
    13:43:09 T:4119245376 ERROR: AML: no rw on /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode13:43:09 T:4119245376 NOTICE: InitWindowSystem: Using EGL Implementation: amlogic
    13:43:09 T:4119245376 ERROR: EGL error in InitDisplay: 3003
    13:43:09 T:4119245376 ERROR: InitWindowSystem: Could not create display
    13:43:09 T:4119245376 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init windowing system

log:
    ZPfM

• Thanks guys... someone has experience with Live TV too? I mostly use Live TV with IPTV simple client, and some times with LE 8 I have some freeze, so I'd like to know if 7 is better than 8 for this too.

• I used the latest devel on my M8S II installed to the nand.
    Now I copied the version 12k to the update folder and also copied the corresponding dtb, then restarted LE.
    It made the upgrade but after the restart I see the LE logo for a few second and then it shrinks to half size vertically to the top and this distorted logo stays there forever.
    The box is not dead, I can ssh to it but cannot make it boot to Kodi.
    I tried again the update procedure but got the same result.
    Now I went back to the devel version.

Edited once, last by Pelican (May 3, 2017 at 6:41 PM).