[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• H

My second MXQ pro I have has a different style OS than my first one. The first box has the iron man picture of Robert Downey jr while this second box has a metro windows 10 style OS and when I go to apps there is no "update&backup" app at all. So how can I update this box to allow booting from SD Card? I tried skipping this step and just using the SD Card but it wouldnt boot

Can anyone suggest anything here for the installation ?

On my one box (with Robert Downey jr OS) I did the update&backup and loaded the dual boot firmware. Then followed the libreelect instructions and loaded this firmware on my SD Card and used the toothpick and it worked.
    My other MXQ doesn't have his OS and there is no update&backup app so I couldn't load the dual boot firmware.
    Anyway I continued with the toothpick and SD Card but the box keeps showing an error , while the same SD Card works on the other MXQ with toothpick method

I get error failed
    e: failed to mount mnt/external_sd (no such device)
    Supported API 3

• 7.0.3.012j in OP.

Changelog:

• fixed reading ethernet MAC address from eFuse and added reading from nand_env
    • minor improvement in copying user data in installtointernal script
    • experimental: better scaling of Mali cores for smoother GUI

• 7.0.3.012j in OP.

Changelog:

Could you build a version without the fullhd GUI hack for pictures (I mean when I set 4k resolution the pictures only in full hd resolution after a downsclae and upscale)?
    I have a 006 build with this feature, but the new S905X box doesn't work with that.
    You put back this hack because the 4k video playing with gui was stuttering.
    The whole system is much faster right now then it was in 006 maybe it worth to try.
    Thanks in advance.

• 7.0.3.012j in OP.

Changelog:

Hi kszaq

thanks for your continous work !

For the record, link in OP still points to 12i ;)

• Could you build a version without the fullhd GUI hack for pictures (I mean when I set 4k resolution the pictures only in full hd resolution after a downsclae and upscale)?
    I have a 006 build with this feature, but the new S905X box doesn't work with that.
    You put back this hack because the 4k video playing with gui was stuttering.
    The whole system is much faster right now then it was in 006 maybe it worth to try.
    Thanks in advance.

GUI scaling is not a hack, it's something actually merged for Kodi Leia. GPU is too slow to render 4K at 60Hz and that's why I won't revert that patch, sorry.
    [hr]

For the record, link in OP still points to 12i ;)

Fixed, thanks.

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 24, 2017 at 8:36 AM).

• GUI scaling is not a hack, it's something actually merged for Kodi Leia. GPU is too slow to render 4K at 60Hz and that's why I won't revert that patch, sorry.

I don't mean you revert that patch to the "official" verrsion but to make a "test" version (as you once did with the 006), not even neccessary to make it public if you don't want.
    I don't need support for it or new versions in the future or anything just build it once and I can use it until the end of time. :)
    I don't want to buy another box with S905 (running that saved 006) just for watch my pictures on tv.
    Thanks in advance.
    I've just sent a coffee to you. :)

• Sicilian Have you replaced the device tree with file dedicated for WeTek Play2? Also keep in mind that there is no support for built-in tuners in my builds.

DOH! Forgot to change the dtb :blush: my bad.

I understand about the tuners, not worried about that.

These builds are great imo, wanted to use on WeTek Play 2.

Thank you for your work.

• Mak975 Please download from Index of /s905/device_trees/

I consolidated device trees folder because they are the same for 7.0 and 8.0 builds.

Hi kszaq, i tryed gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb on mini mx 2 gb but when play video i see only a quarter of image and this happen with 1080p divx and 4k.
    Dashbord is ok, but when play video display show only a part of video
    Before i had LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006.img with this gxbb_p200_2G_mini_mxg_2_16.dtb and all worked fine.
    What device tree i have to use ?
    beelink mini mx (logo bear) have 2 gb ram and 16 gb storage with 905
    Can i use old device tree ?
    Thankyou

Edited once, last by Mak975 (February 27, 2017 at 6:04 PM).

• Mini MX is 1Gbit lan not 100Mbit? So try gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb ?

• Sorry kszaq can we get that back on the OP. :)
    I'm a creature of habit. Get freaked out really easily when something changes.

Sure. Added as requested. I will keep them in a separate folder though because the same device trees are for 8.0 builds.

• Strange thing just happened to my
    TX5 Pro s905x 2gb/16gb with Qualcomm QCA9377
    LE Internal 7.0.3.012h

Red light on but not turning on via remote or un plugging power supply and re plugging to power.

Red light comes on and stays on when power is connected.

Tried Android SD Card firmware using toothpick recovery method with no results except red standby light.

My first Bricked box. :idea: I've never bricked a box in years of testing , not even an all black MXQ S805.

Second Tx5Pro S905x chip box just Sh#t itself with the same issue.

I'm DONE with the the S905X Chip Boxes.

I've researched a bit more on why these S905X Boxes are cheaper than S905 Chip Boxes and discovered the Circuit Boards are the first
    crap shortcut in Quality and that is a Major no no for me.
    Link #149
    I'm not going to go on Just Google s905x circuit boards and read on.
    [hr]

Sure. Added as requested. I will keep them in a separate folder though because the same device trees are for 8.0 builds.

Thanks. ;)

Edited once, last by kostaman (March 1, 2017 at 7:55 AM).