[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Yesterday night I tried to update my internal installation
    from 012e to 012f.

Unfortunately, I used the wrong dtb file, I guess, and now
    my box does not boot/start at all, meaning there is only a
    black screen, not even the Nexbox or Libreelec logo appearing.

Can someone tell me how to replace the dtb file on the
    internal installation without losing all the data/the installation?

Thank you very much.

Box: Otterbox Nexbox MXQ 4K Pro (S905).

PS I used "[font]gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb[/font]" for my MXQ 4K Pro,
    which I assumed was right instead of "[font]gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb[/font]",
    which I was using the past months (without a problem). So, if
    you have a working installation on your MXQ 4K Pro, I would
    advice to stay on "[font]gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb[/font]".

Edited once, last by sYCO (January 28, 2017 at 11:36 AM).

• I have the 7.0.3.012c on my Beelink mini MXIII II that works great. The only bug that I have noticed is where it show several different Wi Fi signals when I am using Ethernet. I have to intention of using WI FI and have toggled it off, so is there any benefit of upgrading to any of the new builds?

Thank you,

• Can someone tell me how to replace the dtb file on the
    internal installation without losing all the data/the installation?

I would burn another SD card with the latest release, then boot from it.

Mount /dev/data to /tmp/internal_data (/dev/data is your internal /storage), and backup your /tmp/internal_data/.kodi folder.

You can then run 'installtointernal', and restore the .kodi folder.

• rename the *.dtb file to dtb.img and copy it to /flash via SSH ;)

I put Libreelec on a SD card and tried to
    copy the dtb.img to /flash/, but it seems
    I have no write rights. I could not delete
    the existing dtb.img or rename it and
    copying over did not work either. :\

Any way to exchange the dtb.img on the
    internal storage?

Edited once, last by sYCO (January 28, 2017 at 6:29 PM).

• Guys, can anyone confirm that dolby atmos and dts x bitstream work in libreelec? I have it installed and everything is working great but as of now I don't have an atmos capable amp but still want to know for the reference if it's problem free.

Dolby Atmos files output Dolby TrueHD and DTS-X files output DTS-HD MA.
    I've only tested short samples so I cannot tell whether playback of a whole movie is without problems or not.

• Dolby Atmos files output Dolby TrueHD and DTS-X files output DTS-HD MA.
    I've only tested short samples so I cannot tell whether playback of a whole movie is without problems or not.

The ability to bitstream Atmos and DTS:X is what keeps me hooked on this development thread.

Everything works perfectly. Denon AVR-2300 Amp.

Atmos with the right movie is quite impressive. (Ceiling Speakers bringing in that extra effect).

Highly recommended.

• Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash

Thank you very much, that worked now.

But one stupid question: Is /flash definitively the correct directory on the INTERNAL side?

I mean, have a working LE on SD card and with that I copied the correct dtb.img now into /flash to fix the internal LE, which I used the MXQ 4K dtb file for, but the screen stays still black, no boot up at all.

I have a feeling something got reformatted or so? Is that possible with the 012f and the dtb file together?

• But one stupid question: Is /flash definitively the correct directory on the INTERNAL side?

I mean, have a working LE on SD card and with that I copied the correct dtb.img now into /flash to fix the internal LE, which I used the MXQ 4K dtb file for, but the screen stays still black, no boot up at all.

No, for internal you should use these commands (remeber to execute them in folder where you have device tree as dtb.img or replace the name in script):

Code
    fw_setenv upgrade_step 3
    dd if=dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
    fw_setenv upgrade_step 1

In case you wondered what the upgrade_step is for, I noticed that some bootloaders don't allow writing to some internal partitions unless you set it to 3.

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 28, 2017 at 7:40 PM).

• No, for internal you should use these commands (remeber to execute them in folder where you have device tree as dtb.img or replace the name in script):

Code
    fw_setenv upgrade_step 3
    dd if=dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
    fw_setenv upgrade_step 1

In case you wondered what the upgrade_step is for, I noticed that some bootloaders don't allow writing to some internal partitions unless you set it to 3.

Thank you very much. That did the trick and the box is up and running again.

So, I will not touch the MXQ 4K Pro dtb file again, although having this box, exactly. :)

• The ability to bitstream Atmos and DTS:X is what keeps me hooked on this development thread.

Everything works perfectly. Denon AVR-2300 Amp.

Atmos with the right movie is quite impressive. (Ceiling Speakers bringing in that extra effect).

Highly recommended.

Agree with minimoe and sintiniuk this is also
    what keeps me hooked on this development thread as well. Can one of you check if a Dolby Digital Plus file plays (using passthrough) on your box and confirm which build you are using? I might be doing something wrong but would like to be sure...

links to DD+ files below
    ?file=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless-DWEU.mkv&pic=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless.jpg

MEGA