Tvheadend nightly builds for LE

• if possible you can share TVH on your website. Currently, the link is not working

The previous link is no longer live because it was added to the repository in the meantime. If you use my build, you should find it here:

Add-ons -> Install from repository -> LibreELEC Add-ons -> Services -> Tvheadend Server 4.3 (Alpha)

• Hello,

I would like to replace my old Wetek play box. Can you please recommend DVB-S2 tuner which has good support? Is Sundtek SkyTV Dual 2x (DVB-S/S2/S2X) a good choice? Is it supported?

Wouldn’t recommend any of them for direct contact to your Wetek box. Get yourself a Sat>IP tuner. Saves all the heartache with broken drivers on every kernel upgrade.

Here’s an ideal choice. About €80 delivered

DIGIBIT Twin - TELESTAR-DIGITAL GmbH | digital TV, multimedia & more
    Small Sat-to-IP router to supply up to two clients with free-to-air HDTV- and radio channels of one satellite position via home network (LAN) and WLAN in…
    telestar.de
  • petediscrete

sakos

Warning: My little experience with DIGIBIT Twin has been bad, there is no problem with SD channels and a single TV client, but on Hellas Sat 39ºE satellites it is unable to recognize some HD channels that DIGIBIT R1 recognizes without problems. Another alternative to consider is https://vboxcomm.com/product/vbox-a…-for-satellite/ (I have a XTi-3442 2xDVBT/T2 device working fine for almost ten years).

Digibit Twin here is faultless. SD,HD and UHD all coming through perfectly on Astra 28.2. I assume you have the latest firmware installed. The R1 is ridiculously expensive.

In fairness I gave one example of a Sat>IP tuner. Plenty of other alternatives out there. My point was where possible try avoid those DVBS USB dongles if you want to avoid trouble.

• petediscrete

elonesna

Thanks for your responses. I am not familiar with this Sat>IP technology at all. Currently, the Wetek box works as a headless tvheadend server. A couple of LNBs are connected to the two input ports via DISEqC switches. It also runs Oscam for decrypting channels. There are some tvheadend clients configured. The number of concurrent subscriptions is generally low, however the box can serve more than two subscriptions if the requested channels located on same DVB muxes. If I understand well, an Sat>IP server transports only selected channel and not a complete mux. In this sense a twin Sat>IP server could provide less capacity than a conventional twin tuner setup, could it?

If I go for a Sat>IP server

- can it manage DISEqC switches and multiple LNBs?

- do I still need a tvheadend server for decrypting and serving multiple Kodi clients?

- I could feed a 4 port Sat>IP server. Digibit R1 price is comparable with an USB twin tuner + an RPi4. The Vbox android gateway does not seem good choice for a headless server use

Edited once, last by sakos (May 18, 2023 at 6:45 PM).

• If I understand well, an Sat>IP server transports only selected channel and not a complete mux: Sat>IP allow full mux RX mode support

can it manage DISEqC switches and multiple LNBs?: yes

do I still need a tvheadend server for decrypting and serving multiple Kodi clients?: yes

The Vbox android gateway does not seem good choice for a headless server use: false, is the same as Sat>IP

The main differences between Sat>IP and VBox are:

For tvheadend Sat>IP is another automatically recognized tuner that does not allow handling any satellite dish motor.

For tvheadend VBox is an IPTV playlist and can't group channels from the same mux, although VBox does.

If you use an enigma2 player as a tuner, then tvheadend also sees it as an IPTV playlist.

Edited once, last by elonesna (May 18, 2023 at 7:47 PM).

• You’re now asking questions beyond your original query. I’ve zero interest in E2 receivers, decryption(usually of the illegal variety) and anything that involves obtaining pay tv illegally.

I do suggest with your level of questions that you check other sources for those answers.

The only interest I have in live tv is purely fta. and the option I outlined above is probably the cheapest. I’ve just checked the price of the R1 and it’s come back at £239 v €80 for the Twin.

• I agree with you, I only use tvheadend with FTA channels, and we allow ourselves the license to record TV shows when we feel like it, although this is also not legal since ..., 2005?

• I agree with you, I only use tvheadend with FTA channels, and we allow ourselves the license to record TV shows when we feel like it, although this is also not legal since ..., 2005?

Indeed and that’s why I’m finished with this one. I answered the original question. Go for a Sat>IP when it comes to LE.