7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• Hey kszaq any chance there is a command or something that those of us with the s905 boxes like the minimx can disable the tempsensor in the kernel via. This way any of us that want to disabke it can do so till we get a permanent fix. My wife hates the box when it freezes after powering it on Nd am scared i may come home to a smashed box lol

Unfortunately no, it can be disabled in kernel compilation options.

I don't think thermal sensor is the root cause of freezes but I don't know what else can be... For the time being you can downgrade to 7.0.2.009.

• I have a tomato X96 (S905X), which has been working wonderfully with these builds, except for one issue: The network adapters (both wired and wireless) are not assigned fixed MAC addresses, but get random ones each reboot. I added udev rules, as described here, which solved the problem just fine when I was using 7.0.2.009 (on sd card, using default device tree), but since switching to 7.0.3.011 (32bit, fresh install on sd card, using the default device tree), this only works for the wired device. The wireless device keeps using a random MAC each reboot.

Just tried updating to 7.0.3.010, the problem remained. So it was either the 7.0.2.009-7.0.3.010 change, or the 64bit-32bit change, that broke it.

Next step: trying 7.0.3.010 64bit, which will involve a fresh install (to avoid addon problems). Will report back soon...
    Update: No change. Which is unsurprising, now that I think about it, as the issue is wholely outside of kodi. Looks like I'm back to 009.
    Update x2: On 009, completely fresh install, and I'm still unable to set the wlan mac. I was sure I had it working before, and I've definitely never used anything before 7.0.2.009. Sorry for the confusing reports. As it now seems clear this *isn't* an upgrade issue with .011, I'll stop posting here, try a few more things, and start a new thread if I still have problems.

Edited once, last by onceler (December 30, 2016 at 9:47 AM).

• I asked Minix for the patch because they supposedly fixed the issue in their U1 firmware.

It will be intresting to see if Minix are interested in sharing the patch. Minix and other manufacturers must be extremely upset at how well LibreElec runs on cheap china devices they must be losing a lot of sales due to people realising you dont need to spend over $100 for a cabpable Kodi device.

Edited once, last by xsi (December 30, 2016 at 11:01 AM).

• Just wanted to let you know that I solved my CEC problems, just turning the CEC adapter off kept CEC on.
    I think the problem starts when the box is turned off, so it must be something in the firmware.

I solved it by doing this: A95X -> CEC Killer -> CEC Adapter -> TV/Receiver.

Is this something caused by the A95X or can this be solved in a new libreelec release?

• Is this something caused by the A95X or can this be solved in a new libreelec release?

Turning CEC in Kodi settings won't turn off CEC completely as it is also operated by u-boot, which is independent of OS you have. When I get back home I will check whether CEC can be disabled completely at u-boot level by modifying u-boot variables (which you can do using commands over SSH).

• Turning CEC in Kodi settings won't turn off CEC completely as it is also operated by u-boot, which is independent of OS you have. When I get back home I will check whether CEC can be disabled completely at u-boot level by modifying u-boot variables (which you can do using commands over SSH).

That would be great. Would be awesome if CEC only works when the OS starts. The "bios" level CEC is broken on this device.

• I try to go recovery with nand installed le 7.0.3.11 32bit.
    I tried with twrp recovery.img, and original recovery.img from firmware 107, but not enter to recovery, just blank screen.
    Maybe i make something wrong?

• Hi can someone guide me in the right direction please?
    I have a T95 2gb S905 chipset.
    Which device tree is needed for this device as I'm struggling to get the latest version to boot on Sd card.
    Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
    Many thanks.

• I try to go recovery with nand installed le 7.0.3.11 32bit.
    I tried with twrp recovery.img, and original recovery.img from firmware 107, but not enter to recovery, just blank screen.
    Maybe i make something wrong?

You need to have device tree from Android firmware on your SD card as dtb.img and recovery as recovery.img. This is already told in OP.

• Unfortunately no, it can be disabled in kernel compilation options.

I don't think thermal sensor is the root cause of freezes but I don't know what else can be... For the time being you can downgrade to 7.0.2.009.

Sadly on the 64bit 7.0.2.009 i run into the memoryleak issue with my iptv subscription causing box to freeze lol.

Thats why im so keen to have 7.0.3.011 working

• I have smooth live tv if i change deinterlacing method to:Yadif and turn off hardware acceleration, using Tvheadend. If not i have stutter and audio dropouts .

Mce remote is working fine again, thanks !

• Hello
    I have a Beelink Mini MX III and for some versions, I have to start the Android TV several times to get the Ethernet connection. What is due? How can I solve it?
    Thank you