Posts by onceler

I have a tomato X96 (S905X), which has been working wonderfully with these builds, except for one issue: The network adapters (both wired and wireless) are not assigned fixed MAC addresses, but get random ones each reboot. I added udev rules, as described here, which solved the problem just fine when I was using 7.0.2.009 (on sd card, using default device tree), but since switching to 7.0.3.011 (32bit, fresh install on sd card, using the default device tree), this only works for the wired device. The wireless device keeps using a random MAC each reboot.

Just tried updating to 7.0.3.010, the problem remained. So it was either the 7.0.2.009-7.0.3.010 change, or the 64bit-32bit change, that broke it.

Next step: trying 7.0.3.010 64bit, which will involve a fresh install (to avoid addon problems). Will report back soon...
    Update: No change. Which is unsurprising, now that I think about it, as the issue is wholely outside of kodi. Looks like I'm back to 009.
    Update x2: On 009, completely fresh install, and I'm still unable to set the wlan mac. I was sure I had it working before, and I've definitely never used anything before 7.0.2.009. Sorry for the confusing reports. As it now seems clear this *isn't* an upgrade issue with .011, I'll stop posting here, try a few more things, and start a new thread if I still have problems.

I have a tomato X96 (S905X), which has been working wonderfully with these builds, except for one issue: The network adapters (both wired and wireless) are not assigned fixed MAC addresses, but get random ones each reboot. I added udev rules, as described here, which solved the problem just fine when I was using 7.0.2.009 (on sd card, using default device tree), but since switching to 7.0.3.011 (32bit, fresh install on sd card, using the default device tree), this only works for the wired device. The wireless device keeps using a random MAC each reboot.

When I ssh into the box and try to set the MAC by hand, the command succeeds, but has no effect.

Code
    tvbox:~ # ip link show wlan0
    3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP8000> mtu 1500 qdisc mq qlen 1000
        link/ether 00:e0:4c:2f:62:34 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    tvbox:~ # ip link set dev wlan0 address 00:E0:4C:4D:91:93
    tvbox:~ # ip link show wlan0
    3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP8000> mtu 1500 qdisc mq qlen 1000
        link/ether 00:e0:4c:2f:62:34 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    tvbox:~ #

Is there a different method I should be using to try to set the MAC? Or some other way to avoid having to re-enter wifi details each time the box reboots?
    (logs attached)