7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• Mine is reading and parsing the advancedsettings.xml because my central SQL library is connecting, reading, and updating, and all that info is stored in the advancedsettings.xml.

Just because your central SQL library is updating, that doesn't mean that libreelec is using advanced settings.xml correct.

• MiniMXuartlogs.rar - Google Drive

Here is 4 boot uart log from my MiniMX 1/8GB.
    1 good boot, and 3 bad boot, when isnt booted my box, just boot bear screen.
    Maybe someone can read something from log.
    I think the problem somewhere here:
    [ 4.006461@3] gxbb_pm: enter meson_pm_probe!
    [ 4.010265@3] gxbb_pm: meson_pm_probe done
    [ 4.014788@3] cpucore_cooling_register, max_cpu_core_num:4

I wrote before 1-2 days, freezing depend from 4k or fhd display, but now all my device freezed already at boot.
    Sometime freeze, sometime not.
    Sometime more the 10 times turned on perfectly, sometimes more than 10 times turned on and freeze.

Another question :
    How can i change boot logo?
    This bear already disturbing me :)
    What type of picture can i change?
    (resolution, color depth)

Edited once, last by envagyok (December 29, 2016 at 9:28 AM).

• I just want to add, using WD My Book USB drives with this OS is a pain in the a... The WD Smartware Drve is not removable because it's a VCD image located on the usb controller of the case and its often preventing my other files to show up on my libreelec box. The WD Smartware drive is always there but to see the partition with my movies I sometimes have to restart the box several times. Can I hope for a workaround without buying new usb cases for my hard drives?

• Thank you for the logs. After looking at them I can see no differences which would mean that any error that happens is not being logged. I hope Minix can share their fix - I requested this over a week ago at their forum but so far no reply. I will also start publishing new development builds in a few days so maybe we can figure out something together. Sadly I cannot reproduce the issue on any of my devices...

• Thank you for the logs. After looking at them I can see no differences which would mean that any error that happens is not being logged. I hope Minix can share their fix - I requested this over a week ago at their forum but so far no reply. I will also start publishing new development builds in a few days so maybe we can figure out something together. Sadly I cannot reproduce the issue on any of my devices...

Minix and Beelink (MiniMx) are two different company's, it's not the same device. Or does this build work on both devices?

• kszaq - btw, there's a very minor bug atleast in this build (not sure if it's in others, as I haven't tried em all).

I'm using one of the s905x boxes on an older TV that does not support 1080p 60Hz. It does however support 720p60hz as well as 1080i (I keep seeing this being called 1080p30Hz). Of course when I connected the box to the TV, I got garbled display as the TV didn't support the resolution. Had to use your disp_cap hack to force 720p at startup.

Which exposed the bug. The logo/splash image you're using is set for 1080... :) It gets cut off and looks all weird until Kodi loads up, which is in the correct resolution (now).

Not a critical or even important bug by any measure.

• Which exposed the bug. The logo/splash image you're using is set for 1080... :exclamation: It gets cut off and looks all weird until Kodi loads up, which is in the correct resolution (now).

Not a critical or even important bug by any measure.

Enter these commands over SSH and "bug" fixed:

Code
    fw_setenv hdmimode 720p60hz
    fw_setenv outputmode 720p60hz

but we tested the disable_temp_sensor kernel and it is booting all the time, so what is the problem?

• My Nexbox A95x (with mali-450 and S905X and 1GB RAM) currently lags in Kodi when I stream 1080p streams. Will moving on to Libreelec(from Android 6) most likely solve this issue? I just want to stream smooth 1080p but this box can't do that and I have no idea why...Any help would be worth gold.

Help out a noob please :(

• MasterPirlo Probably nobody can answer that question because we don't know what's your setup. The easiest way for you to answer that question is to install LE to SD card and try it. If you don't like it, you can take out the card and Android is back with all your settings left intact.

• I don't think that I want to remove temperature sensing for always-booting. I would like to have both. ;)

Hey kszaq any chance there is a command or something that those of us with the s905 boxes like the minimx can disable the tempsensor in the kernel via. This way any of us that want to disabke it can do so till we get a permanent fix. My wife hates the box when it freezes after powering it on Nd am scared i may come home to a smashed box lol

• I have a tomato X96 (S905X), which has been working wonderfully with these builds, except for one issue: The network adapters (both wired and wireless) are not assigned fixed MAC addresses, but get random ones each reboot. I added udev rules, as described here, which solved the problem just fine when I was using 7.0.2.009 (on sd card, using default device tree), but since switching to 7.0.3.011 (32bit, fresh install on sd card, using the default device tree), this only works for the wired device. The wireless device keeps using a random MAC each reboot.

When I ssh into the box and try to set the MAC by hand, the command succeeds, but has no effect.

Code
    tvbox:~ # ip link show wlan0
    3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP8000> mtu 1500 qdisc mq qlen 1000
        link/ether 00:e0:4c:2f:62:34 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    tvbox:~ # ip link set dev wlan0 address 00:E0:4C:4D:91:93
    tvbox:~ # ip link show wlan0
    3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP8000> mtu 1500 qdisc mq qlen 1000
        link/ether 00:e0:4c:2f:62:34 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    tvbox:~ #

Is there a different method I should be using to try to set the MAC? Or some other way to avoid having to re-enter wifi details each time the box reboots?
    (logs attached)