7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• My builds don't modify bootloader at all, you keep the one that was installed last time with Android. When you see "Updating bootloader..." during update process it actually does nothing to bootloader, it's only about updating device tree.

I'm sorry about the boot issue. I have 3 S905(X) boxes, I made them automatically reboot every 30 seconds and all rebooted fine all the time with 7.0.3.011. It's hard for me to tell what's causing the issue when I cannot reproduce it.

Hi guys,
    for all the people using beelink minimx S905 1GB ram/1Gbit eth/8 GB rom and installed LE to internal NAND: I've tested three different bootloaders (u-boot) extacted from original Android FW (s905_103L1/s905_105L1/s905_107L1)
    The best results for the (re)boot and powerdown issue comes with the bootloader from s905_105L1.

In attach the binary file.

In order to write the bootloader you need to boot successfully the box,
    connect to the box via ssh and then flash the image.
    First of all, copy bootloader.img to download (or update) shared folder on the box and then

ssh root@<ip-addr-for-the-box>
    dd if=downloads/bootloader.img of=/dev/bootloader
    sync
    reboot

ciao

• He kszaq,

i just updated the WeTeK HUB to WeOS 2.0 and i used WePlayer (Kodi 16.1) and the colours are much better then on this LibreELEC build how is this possible are they using other drivers or do i have some settings wrong in LibreELEC?

• I just tried this on my Beelink MiniMX 1G/8G, but after performing all of the steps above and then rebooting from SD card and then rebooting from NAND into Android checking the bootloader version, it was still 107L1 ? :dodgy:

Are you sure that the bootloader you attached to the post is the 105L ?

• Thanks for the help.
    Still no joy though - same error about the /Misc partition

I'll keep trying...

Aha!

Got it working!
    Apparently my box a S905 , not S905X

I'll try it from the SD for a couple of days.
    I need to get some addons working...

Is is possible to change the skin? (The only choice I have is the default Confluence)

Thanks.

• Aha!

Got it working!
    Apparently my box a S905 , not S905X

I'll try it from the SD for a couple of days.
    I need to get some addons working...

Is is possible to change the skin? (The only choice I have is the default Confluence)

Thanks.

Yes you can. No Estuary,though

• I used to have MiniMX (1st gen) but it broke down

Happy to donate my MiniMx S905 1gb/8gb. PM me if that is accepted. ;)
    I also have the 19th November Dev Build #532
    Which was the last working version with no S905 freeze issues.
    I can upload it if needed.

• hey thanks for the bootloader but sadly it didnt help after about 3 boots the box kept hanging at boot when i would restart after 2min of the box being on.

• I flashed this zip and did a factory reset but after that libreelec would not boot anymore.
    Think Iḿ going back my old running version..

Im running LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-7.0.2.005-update.zip at this moment.
    I tried to re-download the file but my recovery still comes up with that error.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

I have no idea what you are doing wrong because i have no idea what you already have flashed (Your Quote "Im running LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-7.0.2.005-update.zip at this moment.") Are you running LE from SD Card? or Internal Memory (Nand Install)
    If you are running either Version ?, Why are you not using SSH or file manager or whatever to copy the 7.0.3.011
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.011.img.gz along with the correct device tree device_trees
    into Update Folder and then rebooting.

Is your Beelink an S905 or S905x Chip.? Is it a Beelink BRANDED Box or just a Black no Beelink Logo box ?
    Choose correct Device Tree or you will get the freeze.

• Can you please post git hash from that build? This is the last part before file extension. Thanks.

Thanks.
    All and more than you need.
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161119092613-r23439-gc23e2fb.img.gz

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161119092613-r23439-gc23e2fb.tar

gc23e2fb

• This version and the 010 version not working on Sunvell t95m 2gb box. Had freezing issues on start screen (t95m logo). After 8 reboot, i got a succesful boot, and again again, full random.

The 009 working absolutly fine.

• Yesterday i came home and started a h264 livestream and stutters are back.
    I found out that if i enable 'sync playback to display' judder is less, but still present.

Reverted back to 7.0.2.007 and all is fluid without any adjustments. I will stay on .007 for my usecase.

• This version and the 010 version not working on Sunvell t95m 2gb box

That box comes with S905 and S905X chip.
    Same name used by this Chinese Brand.
    Supply your chip please.
    I'm now officially a Broken Record repeating this question over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

• That box comes with S905 and S905X chip.
    Same name used by this Chinese Brand.
    Supply your chip please.
    I'm now officially a Broken Record repeating this question over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I have the retail s905 version, not the x. What is the problem with my message (It wasn't question)? If its not working, then its not working, end... I can't say its working fine, if its not...

Edited once, last by Goldman (December 22, 2016 at 8:35 AM).

• I have no idea what you are doing wrong because i have no idea what you already have flashed (Your Quote "Im running LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-7.0.2.005-update.zip at this moment.") Are you running LE from SD Card? or Internal Memory (Nand Install)
    If you are running either Version ?, Why are you not using SSH or file manager or whatever to copy the 7.0.3.011
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.011.img.gz along with the correct device tree device_trees
    into Update Folder and then rebooting.

Is your Beelink an S905 or S905x Chip.? Is it a Beelink BRANDED Box or just a Black no Beelink Logo box ?
    Choose correct Device Tree or you will get the freeze.

I have a Beelink with S905 chip.
    And I am running LE from Internal Memory.
    So it will give me no problems if I put the 7.0.3.011 img.gz with device tree:
    http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.011/device_trees/gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb

In the update folder and reboot to update?

Edited once, last by kszaq (December 22, 2016 at 8:44 AM).

• I have the retail s905 version, not the x. What is the problem with my message (It wasn't question)? If its not working, then its not working, end... I can't say its working fine, if its not...

Mate if you took some time to read through the posts you would have picked up that the S905 Chip is the one having the Boot up Freeze at random.
    So members like myself who try and help members like you, cannot guess your chip by you just naming it by the Chinese model.
    Now that you have disclosed your chip as an S905 , I can help you by saying it is a known issue with the chip.
    Look at zed85 who used a Chinese Brand name below. Same confusion. I had to ask so many precise questions on his box before determining the correct device.
    So that is the problem with your question.

have a Beelink with S905 chip. (bought from
    And I am running LE from Internal Memory.
    So it will give me no problems if I put the 7.0.3.011 img.gz with device tree:
    http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.011/device_trees/gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb

In the update folder and reboot to update?

Correct ! Please remove link to the seller. LE rules .
    But your box will randomly freeze on Boot up.
    You do realise you can leave the working LE Version installed internally and burn the 7.0.3.011 version on an SD Card.
    Then Toothpick with the Prepared SD Card and the box will boot to the 7.0.3.011
    You can then test all the new releases using the sd card.
    When it all works on a particular version, you can install that version to internal. ;)