7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• I have a V88 pro too, and I just made a ekstra file called update.zip (just an empty file) on my SD card. I booted in to Android, and I told Android to start updating using that update.zip.
    Box rebooted and loaded Libreelec.
    All done by remote control :)

I get it now! Thanks.

• HI,

Can someone confirm to me that I don't need to download dtb if I want to update/upgrade libreelec to 32bit version of this build?

So essentially I have to download: LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.011.img.gz
    and put it in the update folder of current Libreelec Installation that I run from SDCard?
    And clear and reinstall plugins/addons after reboot, right?

Am I right or do I miss something in my procedure?

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

• Can anyone advise how to perform a clean install?. I'm wanting to transition to a 32 bit build.

Cheers.

If you're using SD / USB, just use a different card. If you're on Nand, I'd be restoring the latest Android FW then follow the steps to install, listed on OP ;)

Edited once, last by Poida (January 3, 2017 at 6:12 PM).

• This is the remote.conf file that I used on almost all boxes except MiniMX and Mini MXIII. Please note that the 'Mouse' key became the 'Return' key.

Thanks wkchick. I've been copying the conf file I have into config files and rebooting. Do you use this method?

• Thanks wkchick. I've been copying the conf file I have into config files and rebooting. Do you use this method?

I usually copy the remote.conf file to the root directory, but you can copy the file to the configuration files folder and reboot. I just can't recall which one has the higher priority. kszaq already told us about this.

• First is Configfiles folder, second root folder of SD card, third remote.conf from internal memory if Android is installed and the file can be retrieved.

• This is the remote.conf file that I used on almost all boxes except MiniMX and Mini MXIII. Please note that the 'Mouse' key became the 'Return' key.

Why don't you use them on those 2 boxes? Because I try all kinds of ways to make it work and fail. Is that mandatory?

• Why don't you use them on those 2 boxes? Because I try all kinds of ways to make it work and fail. Is that mandatory?

Because these 2 boxes came with a different remote control with different coding. Mini MXIII II, however, can use the attached remote.conf despite the remote control looks a little different from M18.

In case you got a Beelink Mini MXIII (boot with Beelink logo instead of teddy bear), it uses a different remote.conf file.

• Could someone please upload a working remote.conf for a Beelink M18.

Hi doggy

I have the same box, pretty happy with it but had the same issue. Have a look at this post i made. LibreELEC

I can attach my remote.conf if you wish when i get home tonight. I made all the buttons standard but put codecinfo mapped to the red button and stop to the green and play/pause to the blue. all of which works great for me and how i wish to use it.
    EDIT: file linked here LibreELEC

once you use debug and dmesg you can make it suit whatever you wish and have coded all my boxes to be the same using this method.

also you can make the remote.config live by typing /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config using putty or the like so you dont have to reboot.

Edited once, last by stannoplan (January 4, 2017 at 8:32 AM).

• @kszac -
    I am running your 7.02.009 build (I run into those boot issues that some are having, on 32/64 versions of 7.03.011).

I notice that when I run the 100Mbps REALTEK dtb, that it doesn't partition the 8G eMMC correctly for some reason. This works on my other models / DTB's.

I'll publish a "df" below so that you can see the partitioning. You'll notice it has no free space, this is a result of scraping thumbs after the install (not the install's fault).

DTB: gxbb_p200_1G_100M_REALTEK_(for 7.02.009)

Code
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    devtmpfs                305.7M         0    305.7M   0% /dev
    /dev/mmcblk1p1          511.7M    146.2M    365.5M  29% /flash
    /dev/mmcblk1p2            1.4G      1.3G         0 100% /storage
    /dev/loop0              127.0M    127.0M         0 100% /
    tmpfs                   407.6M         0    407.6M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                   407.6M      6.4M    401.2M   2% /run
    tmpfs                   407.6M         0    407.6M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs                   407.6M    244.0K    407.3M   0% /var
    tmpfs                   407.6M         0    407.6M   0% /tmp

Poida -
    Thank you for all your advice. Thanks to your feedback regarding the reset buttons not being connected on some of those s905 boxes, I stopped attempting to install via any sort of reset process. As a result I spent more time on testing different builds / DTB's (then resetting with Amlogic firmware and re-attempting) until I got one working.

The 7.02.009 with the DTB mentioned above, is now working for this device by issuing a "reboot recovery" or "reboot update". In summary .. As long as I'm able to re-flash with the original firmware, I'll be able to install via recovery. If I ever have a problem restoring the stock firmware, I'll be out of luck. With that in mind, to anyone else researching which box to buy -- I'd recommend staying away from the Nexbox or "MiniMX+" device I showcase in my prior post. This MiniMX+ is the only box I've ever run into issues with, after testing dozens of other Amlogic devices over the years!

• I can attach my remote.conf if you wish when i get home tonight. I made all the buttons standard but put codecinfo mapped to the red button and stop to the green and play/pause to the green. all of which works great for me and how i wish to use it.

Thanks for sharing your custom Beelink M18 'remote.conf'. As a matter of fact, I use a Logitech Harmony remote with the M18 (to control TV, AVR and M18) but only a few buttons could be mapped and no media control (e.g. play, pause, stop) is possible. By remapping the colored button on the M18 remote to media control function, I could map them on my Harmony remote as well.

• If you're using SD / USB, just use a different card. If you're on Nand, I'd be restoring the latest Android FW then follow the steps to install, listed on OP ;)

Yeah, it's on nand. Bummer, was hoping to avoid that marathon. Ah well, guess it will pay off to avoid freezing. Thanks man.

• Thanks for sharing your custom Beelink M18 'remote.conf'. As a matter of fact, I use a Logitech Harmony remote with the M18 (to control TV, AVR and M18) but only a few buttons could be mapped and no media control (e.g. play, pause, stop) is possible. By remapping the colored button on the M18 remote to media control function, I could map them on my Harmony remote as well.

here you go (attached or: MEGA)
    of course rename to remote.conf.
    read the file as there are comments within to explain the mappings.

i think the method described/linked in my previous post using dmesg and debug will help you get the harmony sorted. its nice to have codecinfo and play/pause. thx for kszaq and others for the info.

• -- I'd recommend staying away from the Nexbox or "MiniMX+" device I showcase in my prior post. This MiniMX+ is the only box I've ever run into issues with, after testing dozens of other Amlogic devices over the years!

I came to the same conclusion after the hassles with the Nexbox A95 - Steer clear of Nexbox ;)

• Here's a little report for the Scishion V88 Pro 1G/8G Amlogic S905x player:

After I got it to boot from the SD card and used the right remote.conf (attached, thanks Pelican), it works really well! :heart:
    I watched a movie via LAN and it was super smooth.

Here are some observations:

- The power LED is always red. With Android it is blue when the device is turned on and red when it's on standby. Can this be changed for LibreElec?

- I changed the remote control power button to "standby" in the settings, however the V88 Pro can't be woken up again after entering standby using the remote (works with Android).

- CPU temperature as displayed in Kodi is quite high, around 80°C in Kodi (without doing anything). Is there a way to improve it (in software)? Doesn't get much higher than that even when playing a movie, however.

- There is plenty of free memory even with a 1GB device (8xxMB memory total and only 160MB in use while in Kodi)