Display MoreYes - you can integrate my changes!
edit:
One thing I have been trying to figure out is how we can scale the FEL layer with nearest neighbor. Based on my reading, that seems to be how the mediatek chipsets in the high-end UHD players scale the layer. Unfortunately neither vaapi or qsv has an out of the box nearest neighbor scaling option. It is possible to do it with the CPU - but then we lose the performance gains from offloading this upscale to the GPU.
I am not entirely sure how much of a difference it actual makes but some people have complained about chroma and tearing issues when upscaling with bilinear etc.
My minimum target CPU is the N95/N100, if with your optimization and the asynchronous frame preparation I see again some frame droping I will investigate on that, but I am pretty sure it will be sufficient for Native DV.
Today N100 is almost perfect for DV vanilla, but stutter and frame drop a lot when you activate any custom profile (DV Enhanced etc...) a huge optimization will be necessary. I think to be able to cover all profile
Edit : Unfortunately using VAAPI to upscale FEL layer has an small impact on the picture, I will try to see if it's visible, and the planar output is very complicated to integrate to my new engine, I will work on it tomorrow.