RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• escalade I installed the new img and restored the backup from the old image.

RetroELEC (community): devel-20200430025740 (RPi4.arm)

Still the same behaviour.

"I have added new psx games (.bin + .cue) to the corresponding roms folder but ES doesn't update the games list. Is there a service I have to restart manually to prompt the re-scan? ES detected all games of the initial scan right."

here are the logs, but I'm not sure, if they help, but just in case...

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

EDIT

Please disregard - don't want to waste your time. I did a clean-install without restoring the backup and it works. THANKS

Edited once, last by Bub4 (May 9, 2020 at 2:09 PM).

• Hi Escalade I’ve installed retroelec but i have no sound I’ve switched between options in audio output but still no sound is there a fix for this please many thanks the option for ALSA HD nvidia hdmi doesn’t seem to be included in this version as in stock libreelec many thanks once again :thumbup:

• Hi Escalade I’ve installed retroelec but i have no sound I’ve switched between options in audio output but still no sound is there a fix for this please many thanks the option for ALSA HD nvidia hdmi doesn’t seem to be included in this version as in stock libreelec many thanks once again :thumbup:

Check escalade 's post here where he explains on pulseaudio vs alsa. In that very post you'll also notice a workaround for adding ALSA to Kodi.

What device are you using?

In other threads I found out that newer NUC's have issues with newer builds of LE (and I think also RE). Changing a BIOS settings makes the audio work better ...

• Hi escalade,

I have tried several distros on XU4 trying to get the best experience with kodi, gaming etc. This distro is by far the nicest.
    One thing is stopping me however and it is getting my bluetooth gamepad to work. I have connected, paired and trusted in both kodi and bluetoothctl.

I have the following rule in storage/.config/udev.rules.d:
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="PG-9118", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{LIBINPUT_IGNORE_DEVICE}="1"
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="PG-9118", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

Tried with and without the first line, which is suposedly needed for kodi18.

It is not present in /proc/bus/input/devices
    There is no device in /dev/input either js0 or eventX

It is showing as PG-9118 in bluetoothctl
    I know it is yet another noob cant connect his gamepad, but any help is greatly appreciated.

The gamepad does work and I have been succesfull in testing with jstest in the standard latest ubuntu for xu4

Thanks.

• Thanks,

It worked right out of the box on ubuntu so I assumed it was xpad.

It would be good to get xboxdrv though.

I'm also a bit confused in how to identify the driver.

I can spin up the ubuntu image and try and find out.

• Howdy escalade

So I'm revisiting this now with some "udpated" hardware. Now running with an i5-4460, but with the same GTX 1650 GPU. Since I do have onboard video, I will try this with said onboard. However, in the meantime, I just wanted to confirm what I see.

Firstly, I'm using the latest build out of the skylake folder as I see nothing in haswell.

That said, the sway process is pretty well pegged, causing the overall system to essentially hang. I'm guessing it has to do with what had been mentioned previously in that my GPU is "too new."

I'm guessing that I should be able to simply test via removing said GPU and see what the result is. Just wanted to confirm here that it's most likely the case and whether I can do anything on my side to confirm.

I've looked at the last few pages for references to this and it seems to be the case.

Thanks...

EDIT:

And sure enough, that seems to be the case. I've also changed to the latest generic build with the same issue. The onboard GPU seems good to go.

I guess nothing I can can do but wait for appropriate drivers for said GPU?

Edited once, last by Railgun (May 15, 2020 at 11:35 AM).

• You're out of luck, nvidia cards from that generation and up are the worst match for nouveau/Wayland. Pure Intel or Intel+AMD is where it's at in regards to open source drivers atm. Sway does not support nvidia's eglstreams at all. I think Mutter/Plasma might support it to some degree but I have no plans moving to those.

• HEVC does not play on RetroELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2-devel-20200430025740.

Full logs attached.

• Uploaded a new skylake image:

• Rebuilt with gcc 10.1.0.
    • FSGBASE kernel patches.
    • Noticed that Intel's media-driver was built without "non-free" cores, so enabled those and all codecs seem to show up in vainfo now.
    • Latest git of Mesa 20.2, glibc 2.32, rpcs3, wayland stack, libretro cores.

It's a bit experimental considering the new gcc version I suppose, runs fine here though :) There was two packages that proved troublesome to get built with the new compiler, Emulationstation and dolphin-libretro, so they are built using gcc 9 instead. Also added Pegasus-frontend to try it out, but can't say I care much for the interface so probably won't be keeping it.

• Hi All,

I really hate to write this one...!!

Not sure, if I should post here, or open a new thread.

It is regarding pairing my 8Bitdos which after hours of google search still does not work.

So I might be too stupid and need help :(

While pairing the gamepads with RertroPie (RPi 3b+) works very well, I am struggling with RetroELEC on x86 Hardware.

I have a ASrock J5005 with a Intel AC 3165:

Intel® Dualband-Wireless-AC 3165 89450

My gamepads are SF30 Pro and AP40 (relabelled N30 Pro)

I could manage to get the SF30 Pro paired with Kodi once. However, while I was configuring the gamepad with EmulationStation, the connection was lost all of a sudden and re-connecting did not work anymore (Host-Down Error).

Could anyone here pair 8Bitdo gamepads with RetroELEC successfully?

Logs:

http://ix.io/2m6L

I have also attached a screenshot of bluetoothctl which I was trying as well.

I have used the udev rules from RetroPi and put them to path:

/storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-bluetooth.rules

Rules are:

SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="8Bitdo SF30 Pro", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="8Bitdo AP40 GamePad", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

Glad if anyone could help! Thank you

EDIT:

forgot to mention, that I tried every input. (B, X, A,Y) and that I have the latest Firmware and the SF30 Pro.

Edited once, last by Bub4 (May 17, 2020 at 8:39 AM).

• I made a fresh install and retroelec now works great. But Tvheadend service doesn't start because libvdpau.so.1 is missing. Will this be fixed in a future retroelec build?

• Re PG9118 controllers above, Im confused about the question about the driver

In ubuntu this just comes up as a hid. Once connected and paired with bluetoothctl it creates a /dev/input/event* and a /dev/input/js*.

In retro elec (using kodi or bluetoothctl) I can pair, trust and connect, but no entries in /dev/input are created.

If anyone could advise what to look at to report back here, then I would be gratefull.

• New Skylake image uploaded with the following features:

• Flatpak 1.7.2 (experimental)
    • Significant power saving kernel patch
    • Replaced dosbox-svn-libretro with dosbox-core-libretro

Although I've had Steam up and running through a Docker container previously, getting it up and running was awkward and the result seemed to be buggy and prone to crashing at the time. After installing the flatpak I had to edit the binary wrapper script to allow running as root, then it's simply a matter of running flatpak run com.valvesoftware.Steam. I won't go into the security aspects of installing and running stuff as the root user on your OS, as they should be obvious to anyone. I might look at getting user sessions up and running at some point. For now use at your own risk :)

Mf5hHU4.png

Z8Z7972.png

dPN5tne.png

EDIT: Other interesting apps on flathub are PCSX2 (will probably replace my Docker solution), Moonlight, MakeMKV, Spotify, Firefox, Kodi and more. Very pleased with how it works :)

• Performance seemed fine, I had no trouble running CS:GO on my NUC8i5. Didnt run any benchmarks though, and had to uninstall Steam as I needed the space, will test more later. Or you could just try it yourself, the entire Flathub library is now available on RetroELEC ;)