Posts by Bub4

just tested the first HDR content on the RPi4 and I am impressed how good it actually runs. Sound via AVR and picture is outstanding to me. Also the washed out kodi menu colors are gone when starting the HDR10 content.

You devs are amazing!!👍🦊

TVheadend streams aren't great when having the menu resolution set to 4k.

Is it better in general to set the menu to 1080p with white flagged 4k resolutions?

Edit: could anyone give me a hint on how I can switch off the TV? After switching it off, it constantly goes back on when LibreELEC is up. Is this related to CEC?

Thank you for your answer Ramalama.

...even if it is not VERY encouraging 😋

Meanwhile I believe that the board has issues. I remember, that the Asus board before was working and could find Wifis and BT devices. View minutes ago I tried the Qualcomm out of this board once again in the ASrock and it has the exact same issues as the intel cards. But what makes me wondering most, is, that the pairing and function with RPi works flawlessly. I had RetroPi on the RPi 3b+ and LE10 on the Pi4. Every single time I tried to pair the 8BitDo's it was successful and I could configure&use them properly. Only the J5005 has issues.

Glad that the people here are so helpful!!

...but in case there is no solution, I do think about buying a prebuilt NUC. Guess this would last for at least 5 years and is "most" future proof in terms of development. What do you think SupervisedThinking  Ramalama? What I read about the performance, this unis should be sufficient for GC emulation and maybe some PS2 as well. I don't have the highest claims on +++resolution.

Hi Klojum today the new card arrived and I'd have loved to cheer you, but this card has the exact same behaviour on both, LE9.2.6 and LE10beta2.

LibreELEC (official): 9.2.6 (Generic.x86_64)

dmesg:

http://ix.io/3ixM

Code
    # lspci -knn | grep Net; rfkill list
    00:0c.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:31dc] (rev 03)
    -sh: rfkill: not found

Any ideas left? /shrug

Thank you for checking.

Hi All,

I am currently testing the nightly-20210424-5701db2 (RPi4.arm) with a new RPi4 2GB as I want to build a backup system to my x86 HTPC.

Haven't gone too deep, but it runs very smooth so far. TVheadend, Sound, Movie quality is really great.

Chapeau! to the devs!!

The RPi is hooked up via a Yamaha RX-A780 to a LG OLED55B7D.

What I could not fix, are the greyish / washout out colors in the menu and playback. I played around with the hdmi_pixel_encoding=2 settings in config.txt, but this didn't help.

I did not change/try anything else with config.txt

The HDCP setting on the AVR is set to Auto, switching to 1.4 doesn't help either.

The greyish colors appear not matter what resolution is set in Kodi settings.

For x86 I had the same behaviour when switching the Kodi resolution from 1080p to 4k.

Would be glad, If someone could five me a hint.

Thank you

Edit

SORRY - I forgot to paste the Log: http://ix.io/3io1

it might be nothing for you, but I believe it is worth mentioning:

I use this for around 1,5 years and it is very good.

https://www.amazon.de/Andoer®-Tragbare-Drahtlose-Fernbedienung-Tastatursteuerung-Type-2/dp/B00WDSCTR4/ref=pd_sbs_3?pd_rd_w=wvnAL&pf_rd_p=b526a483-0a52-4786-8e91-738c7d31f168&pf_rd_r=M4J3FPE5DKM4RP3ND2GH&pd_rd_r=b22deb78-af94-4474-b04f-076efe1be19e&pd_rd_wg=vkGHS&pd_rd_i=B00WDSCTR4&psc=1

Paired with the Keymap Editor add-on, it is very versatile. The build quality is not obviously not like on a harmony, but it is okay.

Edit: the air mouse is also not the best on the planet but I don't need it quite often

Did you see/miss my post..? I have a feeling the J5005 only works properly with CNVi modules, as per the link I added.

I did see your post and I had the AC 9560 already on the cart, but then heitbaum replied so I waited.

...regret that I did not brought up this thread asking you before buying the AX200. But I didn't expect Bluetooth cards to be so sensitive...

will cheer you after it is working 👍🦊

thank you!!

Thank you for your further investigation, heitbaum !

lshw -C network

lspci -knn | grep Net; rfkill list

Code
    02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 [8086:2723] (rev 1a)
    0: hci0: bluetooth
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
    1: phy0: wlan
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no

I did a BIOS reset and tried both secure/insecure boot and Fast Boot enabled and disabled.

Do you have more ideas?

Not sure, if it is worth to waste your time - you surely have more important things to do...?

I could return it to the seller and buy a Wireless-AC 9560 which we know it works. What do you think?

Thanks!

TVheadend works great after migration from LE9 to an USB Key.

Just flashed the latest LE10b2 beta image to an USB Key and migrated the data from the same machine to the USB key with following script.

After doing the sound settings and installing the TVh Server and Client in Kodi, all is working fine.

I was really scared to upgrade, but the main feature (for me) works as it should.

I really appreciate your hard work!

I don't see it as a recommendation when the Asrock TSD mentions "Kindly try...". :dodgy:

you are right.

Thank you so much for investigating heitbaum ! LE10b2 is not downloadable yet, right? I would love to test b2 as soon as it is available.

Currently neither any WiFi is showing up, nor any Bluetooth device. Sporadically my 8bitdo gamepad shows up when in pairing mode. Compared to the RPi4 there should be at least a BT power plug showing up as well.

Thank you for your feedback. Glad that it is working for you.

My intention is only Bluetooth as well. For data I always use cables if possible 🥸

I was looking into the forum as well and found an ASrock officials recommendation to AX200 for J5005. So I was quite sure it will work this time.

...The BIOS does not give much room for tweaking either...

strange

Hi Klojum sorry to bring this old thread up again. But I still struggle with Bluetooth in my machine and I was wondering if you have long-term experience with AC 9560 and if you tested the card with LibreELEC.

Meanwhile I bought another Bluetooth card (AX200) but it does not work very good either. The reason I wanted to pick this up again is, that I am currently testing LE10 with a RPi4. The Raspberry sits on top of my J5005 and finds many BT devices in seconds while the J5005 doesn't. I can pair e.g. my gamepads only via bluetoothctl.

So the card and bluetooth basically works but by far not as good as the with RPi. There might be something wrong with my board...?

Thanks