S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Goodmorning Demetris again,

I am proud of you!
    Version 24 juni works great till now. Tnx for all your work.
    Till next time probably for the version Kodi 18.

• Demetris I have tried to confirm whether your builds boot via SD Card YES or NO ?

Through reading the 53 pages i have vaguely understood that those who have firmware that already supports Multi Booting have successfully booted your images from SD Card.

I posted here #926 But no members have responded.

I did see other members post the same question on how to install your Builds to run LE Via SD Card but no replies have been received on how to get this done.

Burning your images to SD Card i understand.

Toothpick Method i understand.

What i don't understand is there is no script in your builds to activate SD Card Boot.

My box Specs: M8

SoC – AMLogic S802 quad core Cortex A9r4 processor @ 2GHz with Mali‐450MP6 GPU @ 600Mhz

System Memory – 2GB DDR3

Storage – 8GB NAND flash

Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band Wi‐Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz)

• I have the same Processor. I used the toothpick methode. When the sd card is inserted, it boot's from the card. Sd out, it boot's to android. I always live my sd card inserted. I dont use android, because my version is too low.

• I have the same Processor. I used the toothpick methode. When the sd card is inserted, it boot's from the card. Sd out, it boot's to android. I always live my sd card inserted. I dont use android, because my version is too low.

I used toothpick method but the box boots into Recovery Mode.

That is what i don't understand with Demetris builds.

I have used kszaq builds on old s805 chip boxes as well and they have a script to activate boot from SD Card during first install.

Demetris builds do not seem to have a script to activate SD Card booting when doing a first time install to run LE from SD Card.

That is what is not clear in everything I've read here to get LibreElec running from SD Card.

• Demetris,

I have loaded the latest 8.02b 8x2 arm m8 onto my Matricom Q2. Everything seems OK except the WiFi. I get no WiFi networks showing up. I believe the chipset is Broadcom 5G 802.11 Dual Band Via AP6330. In previous posts Based on some previous I thought this was fixed but it does not seem to be.

Can you check please? Thanks.

• Demetris,

I have loaded the latest 8.02b 8x2 arm m8 onto my Matricom Q2. Everything seems OK except the WiFi. I get no WiFi networks showing up. I believe the chipset is Broadcom 5G 802.11 Dual Band Via AP6330. In previous posts Based on some previous I thought this was fixed but it does not seem to be.

Can you check please? Thanks.

you check as i don't have that box. disassemble the oem boot image and give me the clean dts file to check wifi gpios for your board.

• Ok I have found instructions for pulling the dts file from the oem boot image but when I try and extract the dts file I am getting a fatal error, Blob has incorrect magic number. I tried the force option on dtc but no change. I have searched through other posts regarding this error but nothing seems to point me in the right direction.

Can you?

• Demetris, I ran binwalk -Me against the boot-img-second. It output a whole bunch of files, none f which are dts. Is there a particular one you want or do I need some other binwalk options?

Edited once, last by achartier (June 30, 2017 at 12:09 AM).