S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• The latest Image runs very smooth on Tronsmart Vega S89-H, but sadly no ir control possible with it. As far i understand it is buggy actually and there is a fix provided in newer versions, can we probably have an updated image with ir fix included?

• I finally managed to install an earlier OE version for tronsmart s82 v6. After that I copied via LAN the .tar in the update folder and installed LE 8.2.3 .

The problem is that I cannot use my remote after this. In OE worked fine. Now nothing. What should I do?

• I finally managed to install an earlier OE version for tronsmart s82 v6. After that I copied via LAN the .tar in the update folder and installed LE 8.2.3 .

The problem is that I cannot use my remote after this. In OE worked fine. Now nothing. What should I do?

Try to find the original remote.conf for the box. You can do this in Android (the image that came loaded onto the box) by searching for it with ES File Explorer. I believe its in the root of Android in the .etc folder. Once you find it save a copy to a USB stick.

You may also find it by searching google, or you may also find it here -

remote.conf repository - Page 14 - Amlogic - LibreELEC Forum

The remote.conf needs to be copied into the configfiles folder in Libreelec. You need to ssh into the box via Windows, or use Winscp to transfer the file via a Windows PC to Libreelec.

Reboot and see if it worked.

• Try to find the original remote.conf for the box. You can do this in Android (the image that came loaded onto the box) by searching for it with ES File Explorer. I believe its in the root of Android in the .etc folder. Once you find it save a copy to a USB stick.

You may also find it by searching google, or you may also find it here -

remote.conf repository - Page 14 - Amlogic - LibreELEC Forum

The remote.conf needs to be copied into the configfiles folder in Libreelec. You need to ssh into the box via Windows, or use Winscp to transfer the file via a Windows PC to Libreelec.

Reboot and see if it worked.

Thank you for your help. I finally made it. I found a working remote.conf of a beeline m18 that seemed alike and did the job using ssh from my mac.

• Good news, glad I could help.

Would you be do kind and help me with my my vega s89-h remote too? I have a remote conf that worked in all Libreelec or openelec versions but somehow it's not recognized in latest m8 image with s82 I had even problems with power button on the box.

• Am going to start LE 9 builds when kodi 18(Leia) goes into beta/rc stage so stay tuned :)

Wow, 8.2.3 is the most complete fully working build I had on my MXIII-2GB(S802). Can't wait to test out the new 9.0 builds. Thanks for still supporting these old boxes.
    Now that Beta2 is out, I presume you will be doing test builds shortly :thumbup:

• Would you be do kind and help me with my my vega s89-h remote too? I have a remote conf that worked in all Libreelec or openelec versions but somehow it's not recognized in latest m8 image with s82 I had even problems with power button on the box.

Follow the same steps as shown in post 1534.

• Follow the same steps as shown in post 1534.

I have put the remote.conf in the config directory, this one was always working but it does not in the latest image somehow. It's same box as beelink and orbsmart and in the image from the user dreshel it was working with the s82 image. This tree s82 image is doing something different unfortunately.

• Hi there,

First of all, thanks Demetris for supporting these old boxes :)

I've installed the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-MXIII-PLUS package on my MXIII-G (S812, 2GB RAM, 1000M LAN) but wired network is not working.

Did I miss a step? Here's what I've done :

1. Download LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-MXIII-PLUS.img.gz

2. Burn it using LibreELEC USB-SD Creator

3. "toothpick" boot install with the microSD card

I can see that Kodi is connected using wire on eth0 ("connected" status, IP & mac addresses are showing in the network settings) but when I try anything that require internet access, I get an error (couldn't connect).

Note that I don't have ethernet issue when using the stock Android firmware and that WiFi is working with LE.

I've seen people with S802 solving ethernet issues by using the S82 build but this one gives me a filesystem corruption error :/

Any idea ?

Edited once, last by Masterjoa (September 24, 2018 at 9:09 PM).

• Did you include the nocompat file as instructed on page 1 and elsewhere through this post?

• Hello Demetres and all,

I installed the M8S Plus version for my Acemax M8S+, works fine - Good work!

However, my WiFi does not, only the wired connection. Is there any other version with another WiFi option?

Thanks

• I'm a complete noob here:
    Here is what I have:

M8 on top outside

Model Number: K200

Android version : 4.4.2

Build number : KOT49H.20150626 test-keys

Kernel version : 3.10.33 ubuntu@ubuntu188 #8

Thu Jun 13 10:17:07 CST 2015

on the bottom - OTT TV BOX.

(ON boot) 8 core Mali 450 - AMlogic S802

SO, I downloaded "RemiX_115k4" and put it on an 8GB SD card.
    Could someone direct me to the link that spells out the steps I must take to do the deed?

Thanks very much,
    Mitch

• Make sure that the SD card is formatted to Fat32. Extract the remix rom to the SD card. Do not unzip the Remix 115k4 zip file that was extracted to the SD card. You should see this on the SD before you boot:

Then put the SD into the box and toothpick boot. Hold the reset in until you see the Android robot appear. You should see the install progress to completion. After reboot let the system settle down and do what it has to do. Maybe reboot a second time. Pull the plug. Then go to post 1504 and follow those instructions.

You can find lots of information in you browse through this forum post.