S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• your box depending on the ethernet is either M8S+(if gbit lan) ot M8S(if no gbit lan)

• Hi,

My device is Minix X8-H plus, currently uses Kodi krypton 17.5, and almost all my 1080p MKV files stutter when played.
    When I play the same MKV file from "XBMC for Minix", which is not a kodi 17, there is no stutter at all.
    Are you suggesting that by using LibreElec Kodi Krypton on my device, this video stutter would be gone?

I wanted to try how it goes before deciding to totally erase android os in my Minix, however I have difficulty finding guide on how to run LibreElec entirely from SD Card.
    Care to give some hints howto ?

• I tried all of them, and as I mentioned, closest I got was with the M8S+ image. Please see the attached screenshot, maybe it will spark an idea. Seems to hang right after the Cron daemon launches.

• Have downloaded LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.1-M8S-PLUS.tar to sd. M8S does not recognize .tar so I use 7z to untar and move to zip.

I then get "E:footer is wrong" and "E:signature verification failed" errors.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Has anyone been able to update Kodi Krypton to Leia on S8X2? I have a G-Box Q @ home and I'm trying to get Amazon Prime and Netflix running but none of those work. I read they only work on Kodi 18 so far, unless I am completely mistaken...

• Have downloaded LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.1-M8S-PLUS.tar to sd. M8S does not recognize .tar so I use 7z to untar and move to zip.

I then get "E:footer is wrong" and "E:signature verification failed" errors.

Am I doing something wrong?

I had the same problem, I pushed the update via SSH and everything worked fine. (On S8X2 M8, mind you)

• I am trying to flash this rom to a friend's Kazoo box (reseller's brand name), which is an M8S, S812, 2g/8G, gigabyte internet, 2.4/5ghz internet. I cannot get by the initial Kazoo splash screen to get the image to flash. I was able to toothpick flash balbes150's image to the Kazoo box no problem, but am having some issues with internet with that rom. Is there a way to disable/delete the splash so that I can see if this will boot Demetris's image? Is there a different way to flash that I'm missing here?

I was able to get Demetris's rom to toothpick boot as described in post 1048 to my MXIII-G (similar specs to the M8S - no splash). When I tried Demetris's rom on the Kazoo box with that method it did not boot up. The splash screen just cycles on and off the screen.

balbes150's rom booted right away with his image.

Help is appreciated

• M8S doesnt have gigabit lan so you are using a wrong image maybe and thats why you had ethernet issues with balbes150.

Guess I was looking at the specs for an M8S+. Thanks for pointing that out. I would still prefer to use your rom, as balbes150 is rarely available on his thread. Yours has been working perfectly on my MXIII-G.

• If you want an internal boot there are a few extra steps:

1. Since Demetris hasn't made zips for his packages, we have to find a work-around to start off with. Download LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2-update.zip from here: MEGA
    2. Insert your SD card to your computer. Make sure its formatted to FAT32.
    3. Copy the zip you downloaded to the SD card
    4. Hold down the reset button inside the AV port hole (use a toothpick or something) and plug in the box. It should boot to the internal flash recovery.
    5. Insert the SD card into the Q2.
    6. In the recovery options, choose "apply update from EXT", then choose your SD card and then choose the zip file. It should then flash LibreELEC to the internal memory of your box

Be careful with this!! Appeared to properly flash my M8SPlus but now bricked - does not boot LE at all and hangs at vendor splash screen.

All attempts at unbricking fail so far.

• In case anybody is interested:

You can open the case and solder a serial connector.

How to Open Tronsmart Vega S89 (Elite) and Access the Serial Console

Connect to your PC, switch on and immediately press enter to interrupt auto boot. (timeout is 1 or zero)

More or less bricked my Orbsmart. Tried to boot your Libreelec kernel of build 821. But the kernel doesn't boot. Do I need some params?

do you have any suggestion how to write the Libreelec system into rom? It's a squashfs archive. I cannot write this into /dev/block/system directly?

thanks

Edited 2 times, last by oJPTo (November 18, 2017 at 1:36 PM).