S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Demetris, I have M8S PLUS box with Ap6330 bt/wifi chip.
    When I tried to upgrade to Libreelec 8.0.1 with your 8.0.1 m8s plus image with .tar (from Libreelec 7.0.2) I ended this way:

Do you have a clue what went wrong?

Edited once, last by dankec (April 14, 2017 at 9:07 PM).

• Demetris
    I've noticed this on the older build I had, but the problem remains on the new build as well.
    I have a M8S+, 2G/8GB, and after it starts one core is always at 100% load. This makes the box slower than it can be and also heats up the CPU quite a bit.
    The process that causes this is 'brcm_patch+', I assume that it's a patch for wifi.
    Is it possible to fix this or add a watchdog for this process to be killed off automatically? I can kill it from the terminal and everything works fine until the next reboot.

While idle:

While watching a Live IPTV stream after I kill the process:

Edited once, last by The Coolest (April 14, 2017 at 11:14 PM).

• Hey man you are NOT using my image ask alex for a fix and don't try to confuse me as i am supporting many devices and false reports are getting me out of my way.

• hi guys, I am completely new to this.

I have a M8 Amlogic S802 (2GB RAM / 8GB Storage) running OpenELEC 6.0.3 (Kodi 15.2 Isengard). I would like to upgrade to Kodi 17.1 Krypton and someone suggested to try LibreELEC.

Is there a LibreELEC ROM for my device?
    If so, where can I get a copy of it and how do I apply the ROM?
    Are there any known issues with the ROM?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,
    Khaz

PS - I should say I have limited Linux skills so any step-by-step guides / links would be most appreciated.

• Install the newest android image to get the bootloader then update to openelec from zip file then use .tar from my release to update to

Actually this is what I did to start with. It was a new box with stock Android on it. I installed Codesnakes 6.0.0.2 OE through recovery, booted, then copied the LE tar to the install directory and installed. I will try it again. Is there another OE that would be better suited to this process?

• How come you guys had such an easy time? My librelelec 7.0.2 was working great with 16.1; I put his file in the /storage/.update folder with that .nocompat file I created; rebooted the MXIII 2G/8G and remote doesn't work; I don't have LibreElec in the koFi SYSTEM menu anymore so I can't check for wifi or bluetooth; any ideas of what I did wrong or how to fix this?

Should I go back to android and start over?

Thanks
    [hr]

Hi Demetris ! You latest release works well on my MXIII 2G box ! wifi and bluetooth are ok ! Thanks a lot for your great work ! Have a nice easter !

Which file did you use? I have the same box did the same thing and don't have wifi or Bluetooth and remote not working.

Thanks

Edited once, last by HelderCR7 (April 15, 2017 at 2:58 PM).

• I tried this is and now the device hangs....I think my device has been bricked ;(

I have attached a picture of the last command line that comes up.

any help will be much appreciated

you must clean your database use something like

Code
    rm /storage/.kodi/addons/packages

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 15, 2017 at 4:48 PM).

• you must clean your database

really sorry for the stupid question but how do I do that?
    [hr]

I cant the ip address so doubt I will be able to ssh, would appreciate any advice from anyone out there
    [hr]

[hr]

I cant the ip address so doubt I will be able to ssh, would appreciate any advice from anyone out there

managed to figure out the ip address, and deleted the contents of the database folder under userdata which seemed to fire up kodi.

only issue now is that my remote control has stop being recognised...is this a known issue? if so, is there a work around.

once again, apologies for the barrage of questions.

Edited once, last by khaz (April 15, 2017 at 6:01 PM).

• I’ve updated from ‘LibreELEC-S802.arm-8.0.1-MXIII-1G’ to you last version ‘LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-MXIII-1G’ today.

The upgrade worked fine, to only thing I had to do was crating the ‘.nocompat’ file in update folder.

After the update the remote didn’t work. I did a find for a remote.conf and it was not there in the whole filesystem. I guess the file was deleted during the upgrade process. I copied a backup of remote.conf via Samba into the ‘Configfiles’ folder, rebooted the box and remote worked again.

• Now my MXIII-1G works stable
    • WIFI works
    • Bloetooth doesn’t work
      Kodi screen shows ‘no Bluetooth-Adapter found’
      dmesg | grep Bluetooth looks OK for me
      [99.466830@1] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.16
      [99.467231@1] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
      [99.467247@1] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
      [99.467253@1] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
      [99.467267@1] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
      [99.496916@2] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
      [99.496918@2] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
      [99.496944@2] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized
    • System status for RAM usage shows 112MB / 539MB (it was the same in the former version)
      I do not understand why Libreelec sees only 539MB total Ram in a 1GB box. Is this normal or can it be a bug?

• Added support for M8S(S812) Images are up for test.
    - LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-M8S
    Enjoy.

Gave it a go with the ever-stuborn OTT M8S 2g/8g w/BCM4335.

Unfortunately, it hung on the boot logo after copying the .tar to /storage/.update and rebooting. I couldn't get it to install using the .zip/factory_update_param.aml in TWRP either.

Regardless, continued thanks for all your hard work for this community. Have a good Easter! :)