S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Waiting for confirmation

Sent from the Island of Venus

Thank you Demetris. I would guess most are just seeing Bluetooth devices listed or are able to pair a device and concluding all is fine when the pairing will not last after reboot. Would it be possible for you to send me a private msg with a link to download the prior M8 version which had working Bluetooth? Unfortunately when downloaded this one I must have overwritten the prior version.

Edited once, last by 7up (April 13, 2017 at 2:53 AM).

• LE8 does not come with remote.conf, you have to supply your own extracted from the Android install copied into the ConfigFiles share
    If you can't extract your remote.conf, look in this thread, maybe someone has uploaded for your device

• Demetris,

Just tried your build on my old MXiii-G Plus, so far is seems first class, huge thanks !

One issue I have found and I think someone else has reported this, with this build I cant seem to wake the box from suspend with my RF mini keyboard I have to use the button on the box, with the Android installed on it using the keyboard will wake. Any ideas ?

I have a feeling Android may only be turning the display off, as I can still connect to Kodi when it is asleep....

Huge Thanks,
    Me.

• Unfortunately I can find nothing suitable for the Orbsmart s82.
    Thank you

I usually don't do this but since is easter holiday here:
    [code=php]
    #*********************************************************************************************************
    #this file is configuration for each factory remote device
    # work_mode 0 :software mode 1 :hardware mode
    # repeat_enable 0 :disable repeat 1 :enable repeat
    #
    # factory_code each device has it's unique factory code.
    # pattern:custom_code(16bit)+index_code(16bit)
    # examble: 0xff000001 = 0xff00(custom cod) 0001 (index)
    #
    # release_delay unit:ms.release will report from kernel to user layer after this period of time
    # from press or repeat triggered.
    #
    # debug_enable 0 :debug disable 1 :debug disable
    #
    # SW MODE:
    # bit_count how many bits in each frame
    # tw_leader_act time window for leader active
    # tw_bit0 time window for bit0 time.
    # tw_bit1 time window for bit1 time
    # tw_repeat_leader time window for repeat leader
    # REG
    # reg_base_gen set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BASE_GEN
    # reg_control set value for PREG_IR_DEC_CONTROL
    # reg_leader_act set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_ACTIVE
    # reg_leader_idle set value for PREG_IR_DEC_LEADER_IDLE
    # reg_repeat_leader set value for PREG_IR_DEC_REPEAT_IDLE
    # reg_bit0_time set value for PREG_IR_DEC_BIT0_TIME
    #*************************************************************************************************************
    #amlogic NEC remote
    factory_code = 0x7f800001
    work_mode = 0
    repeat_enable = 1
    repeat_delay = 40
    repeat_peroid = 39
    release_delay = 121
    debug_enable = 1

fn_key_scancode = 0x15
    left_key_scancode = 0x1c
    right_key_scancode = 0x48
    up_key_scancode = 0x44
    down_key_scancode = 0x1d
    ok_key_scancode = 0x5c
    pageup_key_scancode = 0x04
    pagedown_key_scancode = 0x1b

mouse_begin
    0 0x1c
    1 0x48
    2 0x44
    3 0x1d
    mouse_end

key_begin
    0x4d 113
    0x56 114
    0x4e 115
    0x25 105
    0x26 103
    0x27 106
    0x28 108
    0x0d 97
    0x1b 158
    0x53 102
    0x51 704
    0x49 139
    0x52 388
    0x31 2
    0x32 3
    0x33 4
    0x34 5
    0x35 6
    0x36 7
    0x37 8
    0x38 9
    0x39 10
    0x30 11
    0x58 389
    0x44 14
    0xbd 122
    0xbb 123
    0x09 393
    0x11 390
    0x54 391
    0x4f 392

key_end
    [/php]

• Cant help you here buddy. Just make sure you have the latest android firmware for your box before you take the
    Libreelec route.

I imagine at some point the bootloader was overwritten by one of the various OpenElec or LibreElec versions I installed. Do you suggest I install the factory android and then install LibreElec from your tar via recovery?

• On MX-III 2GB with AP6330 Using S82 image, Bluetooth works fine on reboot or Total Power off and on

gujal, Can you confirm when you say Bluetooth works fine on reboot or total power off, which Bluetooth device you paired which remain paired and functioning after rebooting? I will await hearing from another "M8" user however there is definitely something that changed between the last 2 builds which affected Bluetooth functionality on the M8.
    At least on the M8, 2 builds ago Bluetooth would pair a device and then lose that pair upon rebooting. 1 prior build ago Bluetooth was fixed however WiFi was lost. Now with the current build WiFi is back however Bluetooth has reverted back to losing pairing upon reboot.

Demetris, Do you still prior (4-9-2017) build for M8 which you can allow me to reload and confirm?

Edited once, last by 7up (April 13, 2017 at 4:31 PM).

• Might be a silly question, but please bear with me.
    I had LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2 by alex on my MS8+ for quite some time. A few days ago it showed a popup that an update was available.
    Today I restarted the box and it automatically installed LE 8.0.1. Is it this build or something else? I was under the impression that Alex is no longer making new builds for the S812 boxes.
    I'm just wondering how did this automatic update happen?

Edited once, last by The Coolest (April 13, 2017 at 9:25 PM).

• Might be a silly question, but please bear with me.
    I had LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2 by alex on my MS8+ for quite some time. A few days ago it showed a popup that an update was available.
    Today I restarted the box and it automatically installed LE 8.0.1. Is it this build or something else? I was under the impression that Alex is no longer making new builds for the S812 boxes.
    I'm just wondering how did this automatic update happen?

Is not silly, you got it right and thats the beauty of opensource. There are some work of mine there plus many others involved but update wasnt done by me.
    In fact am gonna take back some of his work to support more S812 boards and Thats the beauty of Linux!

Sent from the Island of Venus

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 14, 2017 at 5:42 PM).

• Demetris Thank you so much for your efforts, I learn so much every day reading these forums and trying your firmwares; now I have two different boxes

MXIII 2GB and a clone M8S Plus both with 8GB of space one with S802 chip the other with S812

I've used both your files for those specific devices, everything works great except WIFI but I could care less as I use LAN but none of my remotes work :(

I've copied the remote.conf from the android box (before flashing) from system/etc and placed it in the storage/.config folder in Libreelec once it was flashed, rebooted and nothing; both remotes on either device still do not work

did I do something wrong? I've been at this all day

For now I'm just using a mouse on both devices.

As for Wi-Fi do I copy the wifi drivers and wifi config file to the same place to get it working? I remember back in the day with my apple TV 1 I edited the code for wpa_supplicant.conf and got the wifi loaded and working on boot up

Times have changed of course; any help for anyone would be appreciated.

Again thank you so much