S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• It seems obvious: when testing new firmware ALWAYS use the original remote. Using a harmony only adds another "uncertainty" in the chain. Also you can plug in a usb keyboard on your device to configure it, for example enable ssh.

I found the remote. Does nothing. Also in the Harmony I programed again minix 8X and Microsoft MCE. Nothing.
    I attached a keyboard and could config the system but I need the Harmony to work.
    Any other ideas?

Edited once, last by yonatandror (March 6, 2017 at 8:58 PM).

• Your ir module needs a different driver that the one used in generic ones but fixing yours will break all the others so not going to happen sorry. Buy a generic NEC remote and use that.

Sent from the Island of Venus

Edited once, last by Demetris (March 6, 2017 at 9:10 PM).

• Your ir module needs a different driver that the one used in generic ones but fixing yours will break all the others so not going to happen sorry. Buy a generic NEC remote and use that.

The IR module is not per device?
    Is there such module for the Minix so I can update the system via SSH?

• Is the same for all just MINIX choose to use a better one (protocol) switching your device to that all get it and your remote works all others fail ;)

• anyone know of a build that will work on EWEAT EW802/EW812 please?

basic box specs

Model No.:EW802 4K Android media player
    Hardware CPU Amlogic S802 Quad Cortex ARM Cortex A9r4 2.0GHz
    Qcto-core Mali-450MP GPU@600MHz DDR Flash Freq 2G DDR 16G Flash 2.0GHz

Edited once, last by RalphUp (March 6, 2017 at 9:48 PM).

• When I boot to the original Minix all works fine (Harmony remote with Minix 5X as the device) , when I boot to LE it doesn't work.
    So I guess its some kind of remote.conf file that the LE doesn't have and Minix and OE did.
    Will be happy for any support.

Another question, can I boot from internal memory and not from SD card?

Edited once, last by yonatandror (March 6, 2017 at 11:13 PM).

• I'm experiencing an issue when I turn on my TV and my X8 won't wake/resume and I need to physically push the power button for it to wake. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Also what image should I be using with the USB-SD Creator to install Libreelec to internal storage? As I've tried installing to SD card then SSH'ing and entering installtointernal, but get a permission denied notification.

Hi guys, can anyone give me some guidance on my questions above. Thanks!

• Hi guys, can anyone give me some guidance on my questions above. Thanks!

Every one of my boxes, LibreElec or OpenElec, none of them have come out of resume properly.

These things basically use no electricity and remaining on can be beneficial for grabbing metadata, etc -- therefore, the best solution to me is to disable whatever is causing your box to go into power-save, whether it's the time-out or the HDMI-ARC. If it's the HDMI-ARC you just map the remote command to a button like Home, which disables it.

• Thanks rkmfl, what's the best way to map the my remote to do this? Can I use Keymap Editor in Kodi/Libreelec?

Also how do I install Libreelec to my internal storage/NAND?

I don't have an s802 box around to test, I only used this image to install one for a friend; however...

I was under the impression that this release was always flashed directly to the device (NAND is just the type of memory that serves as the storage, like a hard drive, on these boxes - in other words, if it's installed on the box, it's on your eMMC / MMC aka NAND storage).

If this release isn't already installed automatically in that matter, all you do is boot to recovery and flash the .zip file by choosing to "Flash ZIP File" from the recovery menu, then choosing "uboot" if it's from a USB stick, or "sboot" if it's from a MicroSD card. Once you do this, it will be written to your device, overwriting the original SYSTEM partition / removing Android an replacing it with this native Kodi/LibreElec build.

Does that make sense?

• Thanks, it does make sense. Whenever I've booted into recovery and tried to flash the zipped image file I get an error stating that the file isn't signed or has the incorrect header. Can't remember the exact error. So I'm not sure what to do next?

Also in terms of my other question, do I use Keymap Editor in map HDMI-ARC?

• Thanks, it does make sense. Whenever I've booted into recovery and tried to flash the zipped image file I get an error stating that the file isn't signed or has the incorrect header. Can't remember the exact error. So I'm not sure what to do next?

Also in terms of my other question, do I use Keymap Editor in map HDMI-ARC?

Okay, now I understand the issue.

More than likely, you're attempting to flash a .ZIP that is technically a compilation of files that need to be UNZIPPED prior to flashing. In other words, the file you want to flash, which is indeed a .ZIP file .. is *inside* the current .ZIP file you're attempting to flash. If you open the current .ZIP you're attempting to flash and you see a .ZIP inside of it, then you can guarantee this to be the problem.

Yes, to map the HDMI-ARC power-off button to something else, the easiest option is Keymap because you can just tell Keymap to listen for the key you want to map (eg - press a button on your remote), it will track that key-code, then it will ask you what you want to map it to. This creates a keymap.xml file that you could create yourself.

If you'd like to save yourself the time of using Keymap, you can create a keymap file that has the following, and I'd say that 9 times out of 10 this works for HDMI ARC:
    -----------------------------
    <keymap><global><keyboard><key id="61662">stop</key></keyboard></global></keymap>
    -----------------------------

Take ONLY what's between the lines, don't take the dashed-lines themselves.

Save this as "keyboard.xml" in the "keymaps" folder, which is under the "userdata" folder.

If you don't know where the "userdata" folder is, being that you will be on a native linux build, it should be here:
    /storage/kodi/userdata

Reboot, then power-down your TV, and check that your Kodi box doesn't go to sleep. If it does not, you're golden. If it does, try Keymap :)

• Thanks so much. I think I might have been trying to zip file which contains a factory_update_param.aml and an update.zip file, will extract them to root and see what it does when I reboot into recovery.

Will also give the mapping a go and report back.

Thanks for the help mate!

• Will this work on a minix x8h ? What build should I download if yes ?
    Thanks

I'm running this on my minix x8h. Use the s82 release :)
    [hr]

When I boot to the original Minix all works fine (Harmony remote with Minix 5X as the device) , when I boot to LE it doesn't work.
    So I guess its some kind of remote.conf file that the LE doesn't have and Minix and OE did.
    Will be happy for any support.

Another question, can I boot from internal memory and not from SD card?

use this remote config instructions. i have a minix box and followed this using my minix x8h with my harmony, setting the harmony profile as per that tutorial will give you so many more buttons to use within kodi compared to what the minix remote does!

Edited once, last by Danfozzy85 (March 7, 2017 at 1:41 PM).

• Hi dudes, first time posting, so, sorry if this is out of place.

So, I tried downloading and installing LibreELEC on my MXIII M82 box (2GB). So, my issue is I can't boot my box after creating USB or SDCard with libreELEC.

I used LibreELEC USB SD Creator and this image. Unzipped it, finished writing on disk, put toothpick to AV port, turned on the device, went to Reboot now, and it just reboots as normal Android Mbox interface.

Same is happening with both USB and SDCard. Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Nevermind dudes, I've been using the wrong image, after all. Thanks a lot for the project! Awesome work!

Edited once, last by alx.iznogood (March 7, 2017 at 7:09 PM).