Posts by Ryan_ZA

I would love to do that but I can't use the installtointernal command on SSH as it says I don't have permission even through by default I have root permissions. How do I fix this?

I would really like to dual boot Lakka and Libreelec, but I'm having a serious issue in that the installtointernal command just doesn't work. I'm running a Minix X8 on the S82 image. Can someone help please.

No it wont, Lakka transform your device into a dedicated gaming platform but you can dual boot like me, i have lakka on nand and i boot libreelec from sdcard and i have both worlds.

I would love to do that but I can't use the installtointernal command on SSH as it says I don't have permission even through by default I have root permissions. How do I fix this?

Tried to apply update zip from SD card using EXT option, that's the screenshot I attached. So I'm out of options, not that it's an issue as Libreelec runs fine on an SD card, it would just be nice to boot from internal.

I've also tried SSH' in and entering in installtointernal, but get a permission denied message.

LASTLY, Demetris, thank you for your work on this!!!

I don't have an s802 box around to test, I only used this image to install one for a friend; however...

I was under the impression that this release was always flashed directly to the device (NAND is just the type of memory that serves as the storage, like a hard drive, on these boxes - in other words, if it's installed on the box, it's on your eMMC / MMC aka NAND storage).

If this release isn't already installed automatically in that matter, all you do is boot to recovery and flash the .zip file by choosing to "Flash ZIP File" from the recovery menu, then choosing "uboot" if it's from a USB stick, or "sboot" if it's from a MicroSD card. Once you do this, it will be written to your device, overwriting the original SYSTEM partition / removing Android an replacing it with this native Kodi/LibreElec build.

Does that make sense?

I've tried the above and get the errors in the attached screenshot. The only way I have been able to run Libreelec is by using the USB/SD Creator tool and the gz compressed image file to boot from SD card. Any ideas?

In terms of the resume function, I just changed my HDMI-CEC setting on my TV to not power down the device when the TV was turned off.

Thanks so much. I think I might have been trying to zip file which contains a factory_update_param.aml and an update.zip file, will extract them to root and see what it does when I reboot into recovery.

Will also give the mapping a go and report back.

Thanks for the help mate!

Thanks, it does make sense. Whenever I've booted into recovery and tried to flash the zipped image file I get an error stating that the file isn't signed or has the incorrect header. Can't remember the exact error. So I'm not sure what to do next?

Also in terms of my other question, do I use Keymap Editor in map HDMI-ARC?

I'm experiencing an issue when I turn on my TV and my X8 won't wake/resume and I need to physically push the power button for it to wake. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Also what image should I be using with the USB-SD Creator to install Libreelec to internal storage? As I've tried installing to SD card then SSH'ing and entering installtointernal, but get a permission denied notification.

Hi guys, can anyone give me some guidance on my questions above. Thanks!

I'm experiencing an issue when I turn on my TV and my X8 won't wake/resume and I need to physically push the power button for it to wake. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Also what image should I be using with the USB-SD Creator to install Libreelec to internal storage? As I've tried installing to SD card then SSH'ing and entering installtointernal, but get a permission denied notification.

I have just discovered LibreELEC after there seems to be no further support by Minix for the X8 that I'm running.

How would I go about flashing this to my X8, with the Amlogic Flashing Tool? Also what firmware should I use, T8?

Great work and it would be great to see Lakka merged with this, it would make it the ultimate retro gaming and media streaming distro!