Posts by yonatandror

When I boot to the original Minix all works fine (Harmony remote with Minix 5X as the device) , when I boot to LE it doesn't work.
    So I guess its some kind of remote.conf file that the LE doesn't have and Minix and OE did.
    Will be happy for any support.

Another question, can I boot from internal memory and not from SD card?

It seems obvious: when testing new firmware ALWAYS use the original remote. Using a harmony only adds another "uncertainty" in the chain. Also you can plug in a usb keyboard on your device to configure it, for example enable ssh.

I found the remote. Does nothing. Also in the Harmony I programed again minix 8X and Microsoft MCE. Nothing.
    I attached a keyboard and could config the system but I need the Harmony to work.
    Any other ideas?

It seems obvious: when testing new firmware ALWAYS use the original remote. Using a harmony only adds another "uncertainty" in the chain. Also you can plug in a usb keyboard on your device to configure it, for example enable ssh.

I dont have the original remote. What do you need it for if you have Harmony? ;)
    Is there a remote.conf or something that needs to be updated?
    By the way, the harmony is configured for Minix device and it worked on the Minix default OS and also when I switched to OE.
    Why it doesnt work on the LE?

X8->S82 X8+ i think is S812 and not supported.

How to install?

Used the LE USB-SD Creator and yours S82 file.
    In the Minix pressed power+reset.
    It started some kind of process and immediately threw an error message.
    Something with "beyond repair".

Am I doing something wrong?
    Do I need to create special boot dir or something?
    (I previously installed OE on the Minix).

Update:
    I have changed the partition to 0x81 and then I was able to boot and load LE.
    I see the main screen but the remote doesn't work (Harmony 650).
    It seems something was changed or lost.
    Are you familiar with this issue?
    I am kinda of stuck now because I cant do anything with the device and menus....

So an update on current state of S802:
    I consider RC4 release the final 8.0.0
    Since then i have move forwards to LE-8.0.1 bug fix release and i have no intention to recompile a final 8.0.0
    So next release will be based on 8.0.1.
    Regards

Hi,

Great, so happy to have updates for my S802 devices.
    But I am quite puzzled.
    What version should I D/L to my:
    1. Minix X8
    2. Minix X8-H Plus

Also are there any installation instructions?