S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• How do I install this to internal storage? I've SSH'ed in and tried the installtointernal command and got a permission denied notification.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Download the .zip for your device extract and put the 2 files on sd or micro sd whichever your device takes. Try booting into recovery with card in device and it should start to install to internal.

• Probably he tried it with the aml_autoscript so now it is booting from SD as it sees a kernel.img. Try it with copying the unextracted zip to the sd-card and boot the device with the toothpick method with the SD-card in the SD slot.
    BTW, Did you login as root through ssh

Edited once, last by roel (March 3, 2017 at 11:07 AM).

• Thanks, will try that tonight. What would be the difference between having the unextracted files and the zip on the root anyway?

I did login as root when I SSH'ed in.

• So an update on current state of S802:
    I consider RC4 release the final 8.0.0
    Since then i have move forwards to LE-8.0.1 bug fix release and i have no intention to recompile a final 8.0.0
    So next release will be based on 8.0.1.
    Regards

• So an update on current state of S802:
    I consider RC4 release the final 8.0.0
    Since then i have move forwards to LE-8.0.1 bug fix release and i have no intention to recompile a final 8.0.0
    So next release will be based on 8.0.1.
    Regards

Hi,

Great, so happy to have updates for my S802 devices.
    But I am quite puzzled.
    What version should I D/L to my:
    1. Minix X8
    2. Minix X8-H Plus

Also are there any installation instructions?

• X8->S82 X8+ i think is S812 and not supported.

How to install?

Used the LE USB-SD Creator and yours S82 file.
    In the Minix pressed power+reset.
    It started some kind of process and immediately threw an error message.
    Something with "beyond repair".

Am I doing something wrong?
    Do I need to create special boot dir or something?
    (I previously installed OE on the Minix).

Update:
    I have changed the partition to 0x81 and then I was able to boot and load LE.
    I see the main screen but the remote doesn't work (Harmony 650).
    It seems something was changed or lost.
    Are you familiar with this issue?
    I am kinda of stuck now because I cant do anything with the device and menus....

Edited once, last by yonatandror (March 5, 2017 at 8:29 AM).

• It seems obvious: when testing new firmware ALWAYS use the original remote. Using a harmony only adds another "uncertainty" in the chain. Also you can plug in a usb keyboard on your device to configure it, for example enable ssh.

Edited once, last by dipswitch (March 5, 2017 at 10:20 AM).

• It seems obvious: when testing new firmware ALWAYS use the original remote. Using a harmony only adds another "uncertainty" in the chain. Also you can plug in a usb keyboard on your device to configure it, for example enable ssh.

I dont have the original remote. What do you need it for if you have Harmony? ;)
    Is there a remote.conf or something that needs to be updated?
    By the way, the harmony is configured for Minix device and it worked on the Minix default OS and also when I switched to OE.
    Why it doesnt work on the LE?

• Hi demetris I was just wondering if there's a file I can edit that changes the led colour without having to compile an image?
    My box has a tricolour led, green, red and orange.
    At the min the led is green during boot but then changes to orange once LE has loaded.
    It's nothing major obviously I was just wondering lol

Many thanks again

Paul

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• I have to patch your board file for this option and will then need test, so won't happen(I don't own your box) but if you can do it sent me a PR and I will accept it.

Sent from the Island of Venus

Edited once, last by Demetris (March 5, 2017 at 9:54 PM).

• I'm experiencing an issue when I turn on my TV and my X8 won't wake/resume and I need to physically push the power button for it to wake. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Also what image should I be using with the USB-SD Creator to install Libreelec to internal storage? As I've tried installing to SD card then SSH'ing and entering installtointernal, but get a permission denied notification.

Edited once, last by Ryan_ZA (March 6, 2017 at 5:26 AM).

• Don't worry about it demetris as I do not want to add anymore to your workload, was just seeing if it's something I could of done locally myself

Many thanks and all the best

Paul

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by chunk1982 (March 6, 2017 at 11:58 AM).