S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Thanks doggyofone,
    I got a "Script Succeeded" on BOTH boxes
    #1 - after reboot came up with large words on screen: "There's no place like 127.0.0.1

That is all, and it seems stuck there. I did a search for those words on this forum, No luck.

#2 - shows a screen with 8 folders(?). (TWRP)

I can navigate through all these 8 folders.

Only TWO of the 3 icons on top do things - not the 'home' icon

I read at 1504. I think I did all it said.

The only thing it said that was new was the nocompat.zip file

I did download it but I don't know if or when I need it.

I thought that was for boxes that choke or brick. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Any idea what I need to do for either of these boxes?

Thanks again!

Edited 6 times, last by mitch77 (September 28, 2018 at 8:04 AM).

• "There's no place like 127.0.0.1 - this is the splash screen for the Remix rom. The rom should load up after that.

#2 - shows a screen with 8 folders(?). (TWRP) - I don't know what you are looking at. Can you take a picture?

Yes, you need to include the nocompat file when you flash Demetris's rom to the box.

You need to burn the Demetris img.gz to the SD card. Use Rufus to extract the img.gz files to the SD card. Option 2 extract the img.gz to a .img file and then burn it with Win32diskimager. After doing this open up the SD in file explorer (Windows) and add the nocompat.zip to the SD card along with the original remote.conf and toothpick boot.

If you don't have the remote.conf the rom may contain the correct one. If not you need to search for it. It may be in here -

remote.conf repository

• Did you include the nocompat file as instructed on page 1 and elsewhere through this post?

Thanks for your reply.

I've performed the touch /storage/.update/.nocompat command (ssh over WiFi) and then reboot but unfortunately it didn't help.

I still don't have any internet connection when wire network is "connected" :(

• Thanks for your reply.

I've performed the touch /storage/.update/.nocompat command (ssh over WiFi) and then reboot but unfortunately it didn't help.

I still don't have any internet connection when wire network is "connected" :(

Try different roms, try different network cables.

• Thanks for the suggestion.

I already tried a few similar roms but most of the time I get a filesystem corruption error or LE doesn't load correctly.

I've just tried using another cable but it doesn't seems to change anything.

• Thanks for the suggestion.

I already tried a few similar roms but most of the time I get a filesystem corruption error or LE doesn't load correctly.

I've just tried using another cable but it doesn't seems to change anything.

Does the remix rom run? Can you navigate its menus?

The file corruption error has happened for me when I try to boot a rom without the nocompat file.

I installed 8.2.2 on my MXIII-G and Beelink MXIII Plus successfully using the instructions shown on the 1504 post.

Try all the roms making sure you use the img.gz and not the tar versions.

• Hello Demetres and all,

I installed the M8S Plus version for my Acemax M8S+, works fine - Good work!

However, my WiFi does not, only the wired connection. Is there any other version with another WiFi option?

Thanks

anybody...? WiFi doesnt work... :(

• I tried all, only the the M8S plus one works but without wifi..

Maybe there is a problem with the box. You could try a USB wifi dongle. I've bought several for my S905 boxes, all of which offer extra USB slots and gigabyte ethernet. They are cheap and work well. You need to search this thread and others to find compatible chipsets. I have one that offers gb ethernet, three port USB hub model KY688.