Getting TVheadend to work

• I've got the TV headend PVR installed on LE and as best I can tell I have to go to 192.168.1.189:9981 to access its interface. But when I do that all I get is the error message from the browser 'site can't be reached'.
    Have set the login & password.
    Any suggestions please?

Edited 3 times, last by Billzilla (June 20, 2024 at 11:50 AM).

• Some small progress. I have some TV channels working thanks to installing the Pluto TV PVR.
    But I still have no EPG and there's a lot of channels missing, so I still need to get browser access to TVheadend.
    Any suggestions please?

• so I still need to get browser access to TVheadend

I'm using the TVheadend for years without issues. Probably you should start again from begining. Delete all TVheadend (sever & client) stuff, reinstall only the server and try to connect to the web interface (http://libreelecIP:9981/). At the first time access should start with basic/user settings autoamtically.

• DeltaMikeCharlie
    March 12, 2024 at 4:55 AM

Have you tried this?

• Okay I unistalled everything then rebooted then re-installed TVH.
    Got into the browser menu, yay!
    Then I added the login & password in the setup process, and when I tried to login again, it gives me a '403 forbidden' error.
    Yay. :(

Just doing it all again now.

Edited once, last by Billzilla (June 22, 2024 at 2:55 AM).

• Okay got into the browser interface, but it seems to refuse to scan successfully for channels or services whatever they call it.
    The tuner is detected and the correct pre-defined mux has been selected.
    I can click on the 'force scan' button the number of muxes shows up as 14, then on the far right the scan queue counts down from 14 to 0.

The tuner does work as the TV works like a normal dumb TV and I had a few channels working on it yesterday though LE but I still want it all to work properly.

I've tried the information at -
    dirtyoptics.com/how-to-configure-tvheadend-server/
    gist.github.com/ProfYaffle/654aa5da1983d651d367#5-set-up-relevant-networks
    Configure Tvheadend - Tvheadend 4.0

I'm probably doing something wrong but I have no idea what.

Anyway a few screen captures.

• In the Status section what signal strength/quality are you showing. Definitely sounds like an antenna issue. Try manually scanning a single mux and check the signal while doing it.

• In the Status section what signal strength/quality are you showing. Definitely sounds like an antenna issue. Try manually scanning a single mux and check the signal while doing it.

Looks like that is likely the problem.
    I don't know why it's doing that as the tuner worked fine before and they are both enabled. I'll try plugging it into a different USB port and see how that goes.

All prior to this post was trying with TVH 4.3, I'm now trying 4.2 but no difference so far. Should I go back to 4.3?

I just re-installed TVH 4.3, and swapped over the tuner into a different USB port.
    While it was scanning a few times a signal strength popped-up on the screen but then disappeared. Am currently still sitting on 'unknown' for SNR & Signal Strength for both tuners again.
    Is it perhaps that the USB tuner is not compatible with the Pi? If so, should I get a Raspberry Pi TV hat instead?

• While it was scanning a few times a signal strength popped-up on the screen but then disappeared.

Repeat that procedure with logging. It could be a PSU issue. if so, it's visible in the log.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • One other thing to be aware of is that some USB DVB-T/T2 tuners need specific firmware to be installed even if their chipset drivers are in the Linux kernel. Though in those cases they usually don't show up in TVH.

What tuner are you using?

The pre-set muxes in TVH aren't always right - have you checked that the frequencies and modulation parameters that are pre-populated actually match your local transmitter as it currently is?

These days I usually manually add my local mux frequencies to keep things simple. (I know the UK Crystal Palace transmitter frequencies off by heart now...)

• The tuner worked fine for years before with the old box running on LE.
    It's apparently a DiBcom 7000PC unit.
    I have no idea what any of the details are of the TV transmissions around here sorry.

I have no idea what any of the details are of the TV transmissions around here sorry.

It’s not an actual LE issue but I do suggest having a look at this post

search usb dual DVB-T tuner compatible with raspbian & tvheadend on Rpi4
    Hello I have a Pi4 with a pi hat TV single tuner and i need 2 tuner. I have tried other usb tuner which I cannot get to work with TvHeadend. I asked for he...
    tvheadend.org

Maybe if you supply a little more detail on your hardware setup, OS version and tuner brand (not the chip manufacturer) and if the tuner is a PCIe or USB unit. Also could you post the results of dmesg if you haven’t already done so.

I’ve a feeling if it’s a USB stick without a separate power supply you’re running into power supply issues. If not incorrect or incompatible firmware/drivers are being used, something we might see from the contents of dmesg.

I think some Dibcom modules need additional firmware in some installs. I don't know if LE ships with it.

If you tell us the precise model of tuner (not just the chipset) - we may be able to assist.

Also a log and the output of

Code
    dmesg | grep dvb 

via SSH might be helpful.