Posts by VLouis

I've done this three times with same results. Maybe there is enough info here to chase down this gremlin.

The NTFS (a proprietary journaling file system developed by Microsoft) support under linux is limited. These errors appears because the linux not able to fix the errors what can be after "unsafe" remove (or power fail, or else). Try the same with EXT4 or EXFAT formatted drives, and you wont get that errors (another story). Maybe the NTFS support will be improved... but for a linux OS, a linux file system (EXT4) is the best and safe choise.

Looks like the RPi5 is very sensitive to the power source.

Delivering a maximum of 5.1V, 5A, it supports USB PD (Power Delivery), so Raspberry Pi 5
    can communicate with it and select the most appropriate power profile. This enables
    Raspberry Pi 5 to increase the USB current limit automatically from the default 600mA to
    1.6A, in order to provide extra power for devices connected to the four Type A USB ports.

(https://datasheets.raspberrypi.com/power-supply/2…oduct-brief.pdf)

The RPi4 have a maximum USB port output of 1.2A without to request a "genuine" power source.

So... could be a possibility that the RPi5 to don't "recognize" the power source as a "genuine Raspberry 27W" power source (and limit the power delivery on USB)?

I did try connecting the tuners to a hub, but not a powered one. I'm reluctant to spend more money on one in order to test this, although I may be able to put my hands on one.

Try to get one powered hub at least for testing, no need to be USB3, one old could be good too. Just to check it what's happen if the tuners doesn't draw the power from RPi. I'm not saying that the problem can't be something else, but if with one or two (exactly the same) tuner it's working well, should be useful to exclude the power issue.

I agree with "chewitt". Messing up the system with media files not a smart choise. I always prefere a small but fast SD-card for the LE and something else (NAS, external HDD/SSD, "big" USB-stick) for media files (or anything else). Less headache in the case of system (LE) upgrade, reinstall...

Currently, I have the computer set up to start with LE first. But if I ever want to switch to Win11, I have to press the ESC key at startup and switch to the BIOS menu to start Windows.

If you use the LE from removable device (SD-card, USB-stick), why you don't set the LE as first boot and the W11 as second. When you want W11, just remove the LE, and the bios will boot from next available option. And instead to enter in the bios to (temporarly) change the boot order, theoreticaly exist "boot menu key" (I think is the "F9" for HP) to enter to boot select menu. I'm using this for W11 - Xubuntu "dual boot" (installed on different SSD's), my PC is booting directly to W11, if I sometimes want to boot the linux, I hit few times the "F11" key (MSI MB) when starting the bios, and I select the "Xubuntu" to boot.

Another thing is how do you want to use that PC, if mostly with W11, and only sometimes do you want LE (Kodi), maybe is more simple to install the Kodi under Windows.

Add "dtoverlay=disable-wifi" to config.txt - will disable the onboard wifi.

And 2 things:

1. If you have any possibility to use wired network, use it, it's far better than any wifi solution.

2. Most probably the main issue is the tiny wifi antenna used on RPi boards. I soldered to my RPi3B board a wifi connector and tried with an external antenna. But that need a solid soldering skill. Working better than the USB-Wifi dongle. I think that can be made for RPi4B too. I tried this because had driver issue with the USB-Wifi dongle (some kind of cheap realtek RTL...).

I think, using edid-bits seems to be the only way for me by now. but how to solve the kodi startup issue?

Hi, maybe that Toshiba TV have some EDID issues. Your Samsung TV is (more or less) same as the Toshiba? Connect the RPi directly to Samsung, start the LE, set a low, standard resolution (720p or what is the default for Toshiba), connect with SSH and run "getedid create" command. Then try it with the Toshiba TV.

I seem to have the same issue, if I power my Pi4 with my AV amp off, I just get the Librelec name and version at the top left hand corner, I can connect via SAMBA so Kodi is running, if I reboot with AV amp & TV on it boots as per normal.

Hi, try this: Power-up all connected to the HDMI cable (AV amp. TV - to be all devices ready when the LE starting), then power-up the RPi. If all working, connect to SSH run "getedid create" command. This will dump the EDID data and will use it at the boot (instead to search for a display).

I prefere to use the RPi-LE with "old and good" stereo spekers (JBL floorstanding). I'm using a small HifiBerry compatible module to get the stereo sound, a stereo amplifier with speakers and is works great for me. As I had driver trouble with USB connected device (USB-Wifi dongle), maybe is less risky to use an HDMI-Audio extractor device to get the 5.1 analog sound, something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Conver…r/dp/B07J49P1H2 - I never tried such a device - so read some reviews, before to buy it...

Hi, the "LE does not support dual-boot" doesn't means it's impossible. The easy way probably is to install the LE to one drive, finish the setup, and install something else to the another drive. It's a good chance to the "second" OS to recognize the installed LE and to add to the own boot menu. Set in the bios the "second drive" as the boot disk. Could to work with a single drive, install the LE, finish the setup, boot from USB to a live linux, resize the LE "storage" partition (to make space for another OS), than try to use that free space for second installation. I never tried this (LE on RPi user), just an idea, if you ar ready to experiment a bit...