LibreElec does not boot after power off

• I'm not sure if this is a LibreElec or Kodi issue, but I will post it anyway.

Hardware: RPi4, model B, 8GB; Canakit power supply with 5.1v, 3.5A output

Software: LibreElec 11.0.6

After powering off Kodi using the "power off" tab, LibreElec will not boot anymore. The red light comes on, but there is no green light activity. All I get is a black screen with "No video signal." I've used 3 different SDs with 11.0.6, but still no green light; not even a flicker. I've disconnected all USB drives and ethernet; still no dice. This is my second RPi4 bricked after using soft "power off." Any ideas, please?

• Only to be sure: You doesn‘t use a case like Argon40 One or some like that, which has a separate power on/off switch?

Do you have made some changes at the EEPROM settings? Something like this combination:
    POWER_OFF_ON_HALT=1
    WAKE_ON_GPIO=0

That prevents the RPi4 from boot, until you shorten GLOBAL_EN to ground - if I understand the documentation right.

• I've tried booting with RPiOS, Linux Mint, OpenSuse, all with pristine SDs:Nothing, no green light. And no, I'm not using Argon or any other case and I Haven't made any changes to the EEPROM settings.

I've tried with the two different micro HDMIs on three different HDMI ports on a Philips TV: "No signal"

• Tried that, too. I am supposed to see a diagnostic screen but no, nothing. I noticed something else but I don't know if it is relevant at all: After unplugging the device, the red light stays on for at least 5 seconds, sometimes as long as 10 seconds. This happens with the two bricks I now have.

• Is your RPI4 a bare board with no case. If not remove the case, connect the bare essentials to get it booting and try again.

Assuming you’ve tried all the previous suggestions without success, try a different power supply. You may have to borrow one to try this. Your power supply may have gone bad.

I’m assuming you are only connecting/disconnecting the HDMI cable to the RPI4 when the power has been fully removed.