Posts by orhankur

Tried that, too. I am supposed to see a diagnostic screen but no, nothing. I noticed something else but I don't know if it is relevant at all: After unplugging the device, the red light stays on for at least 5 seconds, sometimes as long as 10 seconds. This happens with the two bricks I now have.

I've tried booting with RPiOS, Linux Mint, OpenSuse, all with pristine SDs:Nothing, no green light. And no, I'm not using Argon or any other case and I Haven't made any changes to the EEPROM settings.

I've tried with the two different micro HDMIs on three different HDMI ports on a Philips TV: "No signal"

I'm not sure if this is a LibreElec or Kodi issue, but I will post it anyway.

Hardware: RPi4, model B, 8GB; Canakit power supply with 5.1v, 3.5A output

Software: LibreElec 11.0.6

After powering off Kodi using the "power off" tab, LibreElec will not boot anymore. The red light comes on, but there is no green light activity. All I get is a black screen with "No video signal." I've used 3 different SDs with 11.0.6, but still no green light; not even a flicker. I've disconnected all USB drives and ethernet; still no dice. This is my second RPi4 bricked after using soft "power off." Any ideas, please?

Here is my experience:

Libreelec 10.1 on RPi3

Kodi 20.1

1) plugin.video.youtube-6.8.26.alpha2 won't even install

2) plugin.video.youtube-7.0.2.alpha4, installs and works; but I get a lot of "Stream not found" errors and some videos lag and stutter. Fast forward isn't always possible.

3) plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-7.0.2.alpha4 installs and somewhat works, no history though.

Thank you for your reply. I'm aware of the backup/restore facility in both OpenElec and LibreElec. But backups and restores using this facility are not always successful and I'm not very concerned about system/Kodi backups. The point I wanted to make is that export/import of video library takes a very long time and the method I used certainly beats that.

The boot time I experienced was not due to My SD card (Class 10) but because OpenElec became unstable.

I was using OpenElec 8.0.3 on RPi when the system became unstable. Reboots, if at all, took 5-10 minutes. Having a fairly large movie-TV show library, a re-install was a daunting issue. My previous experience with export/import of video library showed that it took an inordinately long time and was not always successful.

This is what I did:

1) I copied the following directories and files from Userdata to one of my attached USB disks
    Database
    keymaps
    peripheral_data
    favourites.xml
    guisettings.xml
    profiles.xml
    sources.xml

2) I did a fresh install of not OpenElec but LibreElec
    3) I copied over the above directories and files from the USB disk to Userdata directory
    4) Rebooted
    All my movies and TV shows reappeared after reboot. This procedure took me about 3 minutes. Previously, an export/import of video library took more than 24 hours.

I hope this is helpful.