OVA on VMWare Workstation 17 Pro

• As - FYI:

I have just done an inital run test on VMware ESXi, 7.0.3, 22348816 of the 11.0.6 OVA with the following output and "working" - I did not play any media.

Power Status Powered On
    Guest OS Linux 6.1.74 LibreELEC (official): 11.0.6 LibreELEC 11.0 16216c3214a725e2b418b685504350a584baf12f
    VMware Tools Running, version:2147483647 (Guest Managed)
    DNS Name LibreELEC
    IP Addresses xx.xx.xx.xx
    Encryption Not encrypted

CPU 1 CPU(s), 2160 MHz used
    Memory 1 GB, 1 GB memory active
    Hard disk 1 4 GB | Thin Provision xxx-Datastore001
    Network adapter 1 net1 (connected) | xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
    Compatibility Workstation 12 and later (VM version 12)

LibreELEC:~ # pastekodi
    https://paste.libreelec.tv/prompt-quetzal.log

• To update further, the trick of adding these 3 lines:

mks.enableDX12Renderer = "FALSE"
    mks.enableDX11Renderer = "FALSE"
    mks.enableGLRenderer = "TRUE"

only works with my nVidia 710 cards and not my ATI Radeon 5450 video cards. I had to put the nVidia card back in my 17.5 system and both OVAs started working. With the ATI card I get an error about a bad value with the mks.enableGLRenderer = "TRUE" statement. The good news is that I have more of the nVidia cards laying around and they are still available for purchase.

I did some further reading and VM Workstation 17.5 wants video cards which support DIVX 11.1 and mine are older and limited to 11.0. I suspect that may be why others are working, depending upon the video cards and how new they might be.

Jeff

• The DXxxRenderers config probably has no effect as DX display drivers are a Windows thing. Enabling GL should be be the only config item to have impact, though I'm wondering if that truly means GL (only)? as GBM images are using GLES not GL (as shown by logs that heitbaum shared).

• The DXxxRenderers config probably has no effect as DX display drivers are a Windows thing. Enabling GL should be be the only config item to have impact, though I'm wondering if that truly means GL (only)? as GBM images are using GLES not GL (as shown by logs that heitbaum shared).

Yeah, you are correct. Only mks.enableGLRenderer = "TRUE" is needed. Interesting that it doesn't work with my ATI card only the nVidia card. At least I found a solution.

Jeff