Problems with HDMI

• Hi! I have a problem. I've update my libreelect from LibreELEC 9.2.8 to 11.0.3. I have a raspberry pi 4 model B.

When I turn on the raspberry pi after 5 seconds the TV said. No HDMI connected.

I have read in this forum that if you try to connect by ssh and you put the command getedid create would be fixed, but for me its impossible configure the raspberry pi with ssh because its off by default and I can not watch anything in the tv because the tv can not detect the HDMI.

If I put again the old version 9.2.9 of LibreELEC I dont have any problem. But I would like update LibreElec

any solutions?? Thanks!

• Wrong directory i think...
    If I connect the SD-card to my Destop PC it shows up a partition called LIBREELEC looking like this

There should the ssh and the userconf.txt files go.

And you have to encrypt the password with openssl

Code
     openssl passwd -6
  • I have read in this forum that if you try to connect by ssh and you put the command getedid create would be fixed,

Hi, That command is useful in the case when sometimes the RPi (LE - at startup) doesn't detect the display (ex. some displays in stand-by mode doesn't provide EDID information trough HDMI). You are sure don't have any hardware issue? Try with another HDMI cable, another HDMI output/input, another display... I'm using RPi4B with LE too, and I don't have HDMI/Display problem (I have set a cronjob for LE to reboot it every night and I used that getedid command to ensure the display is "detected" even if in StBy).

• Hi, That command is useful in the case when sometimes the RPi (LE - at startup) doesn't detect the display (ex. some displays in stand-by mode doesn't provide EDID information trough HDMI). You are sure don't have any hardware issue? Try with another HDMI cable, another HDMI output/input, another display... I'm using RPi4B with LE too, and I don't have HDMI/Display problem (I have set a cronjob for LE to reboot it every night and I used that getedid command to ensure the display is "detected" even if in StBy).

Yes I have tried other TV, another HDMI cable. But the problem its with Libreelect 9 its work fine but with 10 or 11 no...

• Wrong directory i think...
    If I connect the SD-card to my Destop PC it shows up a partition called LIBREELEC looking like this

There should the ssh and the userconf.txt files go.

And you have to encrypt the password with openssl

Code
     openssl passwd -6

1) I already have ssh file and userconf.txt inside the LIBREELECT

2) I edited userconf.txt with root:libreelec (cipher with openssl)

3) I made a Nmap Scan and can see my Libreelec

4) Now ssh [email protected] ... and I get a conection refused

5) I try in windows with putty and I get a conection timed out

• This information above is for Raspberry Pi OS, really doesn't apply to LE. The easiest way to turn on SSH is just connect the RPi to a monitor that is working with it, go into the LE Settings app and turn it on. The alternative way is to add " ssh" to the end of /flash/cmdline.txt, you should be able to find instructions on the forum (no quotes, add to the end of the existing line in the file).

• I have put ssh to the end of cmdline.txt but doesnt work.

I dont have a PC monitor here to try. Just 2 tv Samsung but any of them I can watch LE

I dont know what I can do more.

• I dont have a PC monitor here to try. Just 2 tv Samsung but any of them I can watch LE

I dont know what I can do more.

Works fine with my Samsung TV, no tweaks necessary really (mine is 4K, so mainly just have 4kp60 enabled in config.txt).

What model Samsung?
    Is it 4K?
    Are you plugging into the right HDMI port (one near the power input)?
    Are you using ethernet or wireless?

• This information above is for Raspberry Pi OS, really doesn't apply to LE. The easiest way to turn on SSH is just connect the RPi to a monitor that is working with it, go into the LE Settings app and turn it on. The alternative way is to add " ssh" to the end of /flash/cmdline.txt, you should be able to find instructions on the forum (no quotes, add to the end of the existing line in the file).

Arghhh... Sorry, i mixed it up with my PiOS installs

• Works fine with my Samsung TV, no tweaks necessary really (mine is 4K, so mainly just have 4kp60 enabled in config.txt).

What model Samsung?
    Is it 4K?
    Are you plugging into the right HDMI port (one near the power input)?
    Are you using ethernet or wireless?

The model its UE49J5200AWXXC

Its no 4k

Yes I have tried pluggin in both connectors HDMI of my PI

Im using ethernet

I found the problem. It was the adapter and didn't work very well. I have bought a new one finally.

Thanks for everything guys!

Edited once, last by gaspin: Merged a post created by gaspin into this post. (December 23, 2023 at 1:56 PM).