nfs mount error if not ALL nfs devices are online - LE12 NIGHTLY

• Hello,

I have 2 devices mounted with nfs. Raspbian RPINano and Qnap NAS.

If the Qnap is offline I get an "Cannot mount nfs" error from the RPINano, with Libreelec crash after several minutes of doing nothing.

Both nfs version 3.

It is working in LE11.

Thanks!

• latest Nightly, no change,

in the log file I see that kodi tries to mount the offline nfs device and throws an error, the 2nd online nfs will not be mounted also. If they are all online, both get mounted.

2024-01-09 18:35:05.311 T:18770 debug <general>: NFS: Context for 192.168.178.27 not open - get a new context.
    2024-01-09 18:35:05.311 T:18770 debug <general>: NFS: version: 3
    2024-01-09 18:35:08.351 T:18770 error <general>: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: (nfs_service failed)

• I just yesterday posted about this on the Kodi forum.

There were new commits earlier today for nfs fixes including in the latest Linux version committed.

We just need to wait for a new nightly build as the last one missed those commits I think.

Can any devs here kick-off a new build as I’m desperate for a fix. I even replaced all by 10GBE network which was expensive…

My Kodi post:

NFS Issues with two NAS - when only 1 NAS running

• Unfortunately the latest nightly with many nfs fixes does not solve the original issue:

Kodi with 2 x NAS (multiple movie Sources across both) slows to a crawl, buffers for ages when playing a movie when only one NAS is running, even though the movie playing in on the NAS currently running.

NFS seems to take ages to sync, buffers for several minutes. This issue only started in Omega nightlies from about 4 or 5 months ago. In previous versions of LE for last few years there was never an issue with one of two NAS not running.

The workaround is for me to ensure both nas are running. Kodi wake on lan only supports waking one device. I don’t like running my servers 24/7. Auto shutdown at 1:00am.

• You can try to add the noatime and async options, it may speed up nfs performance (with the higher risk of file corruption, but that shouldn't be a problem with movie streaming as you only read then).

(I think I read somewhere sometime that nfs-utils defaulted to async when no option given earlier, and changed to default to sync when no option were set in later versions. But I might be mistaken.)

• LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-12.0-nightly-20240205-690684c.img.gz

Partially fixed. I have access but very very slow and it freezes for 5-10 seconds. If I start a YT video from a playlist file, audio starts for 4 seconds, freeze for 20 seconds, still the playlist entries screen visible, than the video starts running with audio.

BTW: I have also some audio stutter every 5 minutes for 2 seconds length, which component debug log file I should switch on?

• LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-12.0-nightly-20240205-690684c.img.gz

Partially fixed. I have access but very very slow and it freezes for 5-10 seconds. If I start a YT video from a playlist file, audio starts for 4 seconds, freeze for 20 seconds, still the playlist entries screen visible, than the video starts running with audio.

Please update your server to NFS4. That fixed problems for some users.

BTW: I have also some audio stutter every 5 minutes for 2 seconds length, which component debug log file I should switch on?

New thread please. Post a link at log level 1 (pastekodi result on SSH).

• Installing a nfs4 server is not an option

OK, here is a user, who did it:

Hunduster
    January 7, 2024 at 10:43 AM
  • I tested latest LE12 nightly using NFS 4 with only one of my Synology NAS switched on (I have movie sources on two NAS) and I had no issues at all. This was also after changing my two Kodi device NAS permissions to use ‘map users to admin’ (recommended on a Kodi forum post).