Posts by luguber

Not sure what could be your problem, are both your LE device and NAS on the same net, or is there a firewall between?
    I also get those two NFSv4 lines in my journal log so I don't think that's an issue.
    Try rpcinfo -p 192.168.1.200 from your LE box and then see if you are able to telnet to the ports nfs, portmapper and mountd runs on.

My NFS server is a BSD variant, Xigmanas, so it probably runs a different build version of nfs than your box.
    I don't really specify any options in my export file, so you could try removing yours in case there are any quirks there the server and client doesn't agree upon.

Code
    cat /etc/exports | grep Libre
    /mnt/zwork/share/backups/LibreElec -maproot="nobody" -network 192.168.0.40/30

No options in my export file gives me these default options in my nfs mount on LE:
    (I have async, noatime and nolock as mount options on client side)

Code
    mount | grep nfs
    192.168.0.10:/mnt/zwork/share/backups/LibreElec/ on /storage/backup type nfs (rw,noatime,vers=3,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,namlen=255,hard,nolock,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.0.10,mountvers=3,mountport=719,mountproto=udp,local_lock=all,addr=192.168.0.10)

I also use nfsv3, I think it defaults to that still if you don't specify version.

For comparison, my config file looks like this:

Try mount manually:

Code
    mount -t nfs -o nolock 192.168.1.200:/mnt/HD_a2 /storage/NAS_1

And check logs to see if more details are mentioned there.

Code
    journalctl | grep nfs

Also, the timeout error you get suggest network or serverside issue as well.

You can try to add the noatime and async options, it may speed up nfs performance (with the higher risk of file corruption, but that shouldn't be a problem with movie streaming as you only read then).

(I think I read somewhere sometime that nfs-utils defaulted to async when no option given earlier, and changed to default to sync when no option were set in later versions. But I might be mistaken.)

Same thing happened to me with the same nightly (1253528), but for NFS shares and on rpi5.

systemctl status storage-backup.mount
    Gives this error:

× storage-backup.mount - nfs mount script
        Loaded: loaded (/storage/.config/system.d/storage-backup.mount; enabled; preset: disabled)
        Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2024-01-15 20:24:42 CET; 4s ago
         Where: /storage/backup
          What: 192.168.0.10:/mnt/zwork/share/backups/LibreElec/
           CPU: 1ms

Jan 15 20:24:42 Kodi systemd[1]: Mounting storage-backup.mount...
    Jan 15 20:24:42 Kodi mount[1932]: mount: /storage/backup: bad option; for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program.
    Jan 15 20:24:42 Kodi mount[1932]:        dmesg(1) may have more information after failed mount system call.
    Jan 15 20:24:42 Kodi systemd[1]: storage-backup.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a
    Jan 15 20:24:42 Kodi systemd[1]: storage-backup.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    Jan 15 20:24:42 Kodi systemd[1]: Failed to mount storage-backup.mount.

I got myself a new TV for Christmas, and with this TV I don't have any issue with the TV turning on again with LE 10.0.1.
    I still use the same receiver (and cables), so the only difference is the TV.
    r-pi4 --> Pioneer VSX-1131 --> Sony KDL-52W4500 - Problem with TV (and receiver) turning back on right after turning off.

r-pi4 --> Pioneer VSX-1131 --> LG OLED65G1 - No problem at all with LE 10.0.1

If you revert back to 10.0.0 can you confirm the problem goes away?

I can't think of anything that might have changed in 10.0.1 to cause that, so I want to rule out some other environmental change

(e.g. a new cec device that's interfering, or TV getting into a bad state).

If you can confirm problem is always present on 10.0.1 and never present on 10.0.0 we can try to narrow it down.

I will try to do that the next days. There are no new CEC devices attached, but I will do a proper power cycle of my TV and receiver in case they do something funny, and then try to roll back to 10.0.0 and see if the issue is still present or not.