Thoradia Add-ons

• GDPR-1

What is the purpose of that new repository?

Is it something I should expect for other LE releases?

Why not merely change the name (displayed in UI, as opposed to the id used for paths) to match ADDON_URL?

• GDPR-1

What is the purpose of that new repository?

Is it something I should expect for other LE releases?

Why not merely change the name (displayed in UI, as opposed to the id used for paths) to match ADDON_URL?

It is entirely my own thing. I had to build all addons myself cause there were no Odroid_C2.arm. I don't want to include LE Repo cause it looks like it were official maintained and supported. Imho this is ok cause I forked the repo.

Not sure others will do the same. I don't encourage anyone to do so. Again this is/was my personal decision and it might change if Team LibreELEC is against that for whatever reason.

• I have a question about the transmission add-on.

I have successfully used for quite some time now, and even forwarded the remote port so that I can access it from outside my LAN without trouble.

However, I feel the simple unencrypted authentication is not enough, and I would like to use SSL.

From a quick search I undestand that transmission itself doesn't offer SSL, and I would have to setup some kind of reverse proxy (possibly something light like nginx since I'm running LibreELEC on a Celeron NUC) or an SSH tunnel.

1. Does this make sense?

2. Has anyone done something like that on LibreELEC? Any pointers, tutorials, guides for it?

• Other than aptalca's solution, you could switch to Deluge or qBittorrent, which both support SSL to their webui.

qBittorrent also provides a dynamic DNS client.

• Thanks to both of you.

I have about 1500 torrents that I'll have to migrate if I change clients, so I guess I'll try the docker approach first.

It's just that I haven't really used docker (especially not in LibreELEC) apart from some tutorials here and there in the past. But I feel I'll be able to do it.

Maybe I'll write a post if I get it working.

PS. I've setup dynamic dns through my ISP provided router (It supports some of the free services out there, like noip.com which I've chosen). Do I gain something by switching to a LibreELEC add-on for dynamic dns (like duck dns suggested above) ?

• I suggested duckdns as a service, not necessarily the docker for it. Any client should work pretty much the same. Router would be fine.

• I've actually done it.

WIll post the procedure when I find some time.

Thank you both again.

[edit]

Ok here it is.
    1. Setup a ddns provider and an updater for it (through your router, another device on your LAN, a LibreELEC add-on etc, whatever works for you)
    2. Make sure your ISP allows you to use port 443 and forward it to the LibreELEC machine. Let's Encrypt requires port 443 to complete the challenge that generates the ssl certificates.*

3. Download the linuxserver.io Nginx Letsencrypt docker image add-on (as suggested above). (I am not going to go into details about setting this up as it is out of scope for this thread).
    4. Once you have verified the the nginx letsencrypt container is running correctly you have to edit the default configuration file for nginx. This file is accessible over LibreELEC samba on the path below:

Code
    Userdata\addon_data\docker.linuxserver.letsencrypt\config\nginx\site-confs\default

Edit it to make it look like the following:

Pay extra attention on the line where you define the IP:port for the transmission service. You have to use the LibreELEC LAN IP there. This means LibreELEC should have a static LAN IP, but you have probably set it up like this if you are forwarding ports to it.**

5. Restart the nginx letencrypt container (either through the command line or restart LibreELEC)

6. From inside your LAN, open a browser to https://192.168.1.21/transmission (use your own LibreELEC LAN IP of course). You should receive a bad certificate warning (this is expected as the certificate is signed for your ddns url), ignore it, enter your username/password and you should see the Transmission web interface. Test that everything works as expected (add a .torrent, remove it, etc)

7. Now open a browser to https://myexample.ddns.com/transmission (use your own ddns url of course). There is a case that this URL will fail (if your router does not support NAT loopback, or maybe you haven't enabled it) , in that case you'll have to test it from outside your LAN. The browser should show the certificate is valid (green lock etc). Again make sure that everything works as expected.

8. Setup your favorite transmission remote client to use SSL and verify everything works as expected. For example for Transmission Remote GUI:

Code
    Remote host: myexample.ddns.com
    Port: 443
    Use SSL
    Authentication Required
    [username]
    [password]
    RPC path: /transmission/rpc

* If your ISP does not allow you to use port 443, all is not lost. You can opt to use the simple Nginx docker image add-on with another port and self-signed certificates or maybe look about buying an SSL certificate.

** I tried using 127.0.0.1, but it wouldn't work. I was scratching my head as to why, until I realised that, from inside the docker container, 127.0.0.1 refers to the container itself (and not the LibreELEC host). There is probably some docker-ish way to get the host IP that the container interface sees and use that, and you'll probably have to find out how to do that if you want to setup something similar with the dockerized transmission add-on.

Edited 3 times, last by beredim (November 16, 2017 at 12:53 AM).

• Hey guys,

I've been trying to install Sickrage/CouchPotato/Transmission from the Thoradia repository zip file available on GitHub, but it's not working.

Apparently the addons install, but they all have a radioacive symbol showing up as a thumbnail and the run option (gray rocket icon) is grayed out.

I'm running LibreELEC 8.2.1 on Odroid C2.

What am I doing wrong? Can you guys help me out, please...I'm new to LibreELEC and Kodi.

Thanks,

M.

• Thanks man...But how exactly I'm I supposed to do that? :/

Sorry, but I'm new to this kodi stuff.

Cheers,

M.

Unless you have changed the name of your libreelec device, the links in the port column of the wiki table will take you to the web user interface of the add-ons. Sickrage is reachable via port 8081, but has been dropped in favour of Medusa.