Youtube and Tubed errors

• The Alpha1 and Alpha3 releases, along with turning off MPEG-DASH is still working for me on all videos. The Github page no longer hosts those files though. I managed to save them and it's a good thing I did. They work at 720p and you can't FF too far or time search a video without the video dropping out, but for basic HD playback, it's work just fine. I can wait until they release a better version.

Alpha2 and Alpha4 don't work at all for me and for most people that tried them.

As they say they work till they don’t work.

This problem needs a lot more investigation. I firmly believe Google/YouTube have finally called time on apps/addons that bypass their ability to display advertisements from their clients so unless I’m mistaken a more permanent fix is some way off yet.

• Here is my experience:

Libreelec 10.1 on RPi3

Kodi 20.1

1) plugin.video.youtube-6.8.26.alpha2 won't even install

2) plugin.video.youtube-7.0.2.alpha4, installs and works; but I get a lot of "Stream not found" errors and some videos lag and stutter. Fast forward isn't always possible.

3) plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-7.0.2.alpha4 installs and somewhat works, no history though.

• I'm guessing you mean Libreelec 11.0.1 (Kodi 20.1). Since that's Kodi NEXUS, it requires the YouTube 7.0.X addons. The YouTube 6.8.26 versions are for Libreelec 10.0.X (Kodi 19 Matrix). A lot of people are getting this mixed up.

• I'm guessing you mean Libreelec 11.0.1 (Kodi 20.1). Since that's Kodi NEXUS, it requires the YouTube 7.0.X addons. The YouTube 6.8.26 versions are for Libreelec 10.0.X (Kodi 19 Matrix). A lot of people are getting this mixed up.

All the comments in the GitHub are just adding up to one big mess. Things like….

this works on mine without any background to their setup is of no benefit to anyone.

My advice to anyone using that addon is to step back for a bit until a credible solution is found otherwise you’re likely to screw up your own system.

Yes, 11.01; my bad.

• The fix works, but the subtitles cannot be loaded.

Thank you

[mod] Please do not use code block for plain text, there is no need for unnecessary formatting. (by dtech) [/mod]

• I'm not sure if the current modifications will be permanent, because the previous unmodified Kodi add-ons have been working again for a few days now. Including the Leia Youtube add-on, which has not received any updates (and probably will never be officially released).

Unfortunately, the experience was that it works -> it doesn't work -> it works again -> it doesn't work again -> it works again and it goes round and round. This has been going on for weeks now. (I would be happy if Google finally decided what they wanted now.)

• The fix works, but the subtitles cannot be loaded.

Thank you

This is being discussed on the YouTube Addon Thread on both Github & on Kodi's Forum. I think some posters have found a way to get subtitles working again.

Edit: It's mentioned briefly in the Github Thread. The poster said it may be due to the "alternative client" settings in the addon.

Edited once, last by blueribb (May 3, 2023 at 1:39 PM).

• Without knowledge of what is happening at the source, these alpha workarounds are exactly as described. Workarounds. Folks need to get used to that concept. Complacency sets in until something stops working and Kodi/LE is a moving target project and not a commercial product.

• error: "the following content is not available on this app"

"one or more items failed to play. check the log file for more info about this message"

logfile:

How to fix this?

kodi 20.2

youtube 7

libreelec 11

• What version of the YouTube add on are you using. Make sure you have the latest installed.

• Looks like carsten888 has found the answer here.

(It's always better to check for the official addon thread on the kodi forum).

But for anyone else, the repo version of YouTube is broken and there is a fixed alpha version which you need to update from zip file.

(which for some reason has been working fine for a couple of months but hasn't been pushed to stable).