Upgrade to 11.

• Ive had 10.0.4 running happily and am starting to look at upgrading to 11.00. Done an install to a clean hard drive and established the drivers all work as expected, but before I wipe the SSD currently with 10.0.4, is it possible to shortcut getting the settings transferred to a new install or do I have to manually set it all up again? Does 'Backup' and recover work for this?

• Just make a backup of the 10.x install in-case you want/need to revert, and then update the existing install. No need to wipe it unless you have a good reason to.

• ok... can see why I thought windows was a step forward from Dos :)

I'll have play tomorrow and see if my 73 year old brain cells can cope. ..... seem to remember I SSH'd once before. Thanks!

• ok... can see why I thought windows was a step forward from Dos :)

I'll have play tomorrow and see if my 73 year old brain cells can cope. ..... seem to remember I SSH'd once before. Thanks!

Ensure you have SSH enabled in LibreELEC. In PuTTY on your remote computer enter the IP address of your LibreElec box, select Connect Once and username =root and password=libreelec if you haven’t changed it during the LibreELEC installation. It really is that simple.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Got it, thanks! I went down a slighlty different route and used WinSCP that I currently use to upload podcasts to my phone using FTP.

That allowed me to log into libreelec /root/storage/.update and upload the .gz file.
    Reboot the libreelec system and the update installed perfectly.

Thanks for saving hours of fidling around!

:) :) :)

• Hello

Just to perfect understanding

I have librelec 10.0.4 on RPI4 and I want to migrateur to 11.0

I need to

1- make a backup

2- make a clean install of 11.0 (nexus)

3- After New installation > go to librelec setting and install my backup

And it will working ?

• Make a backup .. then update to 11.0 via the settings add-on. This avoids the need for clean-install and restore. If (and only if) something goes wrong you have the backup to restore back to 10.0.

• Well,

I tried upgrade from 10.0.4 to 11.0.0 (and also to 11.0.1). Did not worked.

Via Kodi, the download and extract process was success. But after boot Im stucked at "LibreELEC (official): 11.0.1" screen. No disk activity, just freeze upon boot. Im kinda out of luck there right? (Linux, standalone x86 version).

• xsoft Nvidia GPU is only supported with Generic-legacy image.

To update via ssh:

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    wget -P /storage/.update https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-11.0.1.img.gz
    reboot