Posts by tim50stroud

the thread about HDs not mounting looks very similar; I've not had the issue before 11.0.0. Not sure that ext4 will allow my windows PC to update the files on the LE machine; that is a prime requisit. I need to did deeper though to get a reliable solution. For some reason my PC doesnt want to format other that NTFS so I may need to search around for other free formatting utilities.

Sure. Its running on an old AT3IONT-I Delux mini ITX mother board runing Libreelec 11.0.2 on a 500G SSD. Video is stored on a new 1T Seagate Baracuda hard drive formatted NTFS.

Connecting to it to update the video files from a windows 7 PC using Samba on a local network, using AlwaySync .

Most of the time I complete the updates and switch off the windows PC before switching off the LE system. Most of the time its fine, occasionally when I reboot the LE system the hard drive is gone. I have to pug it into a windows machine, see the drive, then shut down. All is fine from then.

This has worked fine with pervious issues of LE

Hope thast helps

That certainly seems what has happened, but although I can see librelec system from windows, I can't see the hard drive, and Libreelec cant see it either. Is there a way I can force Libreelec via SSH to mount the drive, or do I have to do as I've previously doen, physically wake the drive by connecting it to a windows system?

Libreelec 11.0.1 seems to be failing to see its internal hard drive after I remotely connect to update files from a windows 7 PC; dont think this happened with previous libreelec builds? The drive seems to be going into a windows sleep mode, and I have to temporarily connect it physically to a windows PC to shut it down rathter than sleep.

Is there an SSH way to force it to wake? (I'm not very Linux literate!)

Got it, thanks! I went down a slighlty different route and used WinSCP that I currently use to upload podcasts to my phone using FTP.

That allowed me to log into libreelec /root/storage/.update and upload the .gz file.
    Reboot the libreelec system and the update installed perfectly.

Thanks for saving hours of fidling around!

:) :) :)

Ive had 10.0.4 running happily and am starting to look at upgrading to 11.00. Done an install to a clean hard drive and established the drivers all work as expected, but before I wipe the SSD currently with 10.0.4, is it possible to shortcut getting the settings transferred to a new install or do I have to manually set it all up again? Does 'Backup' and recover work for this?

I may be having a similar problem with my Libreelc9.2.6 with Kodi 18.9. The M3U and chanel guide are all loading fine, but when I click to select a chanel nothing happens. M3U works fine on a windows PC with PVR IPTV Simple Client. Any suggestions how I could preceed with a debug? I've uploaded a vast log file but hesitate to put it here if another thread would be appropraite. (It seems to be flagging multiple errors for my large library files of video)

Great! I've been following another thread that this one superceeds; installed chrome 9.2.0.102 as suggested and bingo, all works as advertised!

I tried updating Chrome from the kodi Libreelec add-ons and that still shows 101 as the latest.

I think I've now ticked all my requirements for a usable mediplayer!

ok thanks. Forgive my ignorance, I'm a real newcomer to this. I've got a copy of the missing file (as a zip) but how and where do I put it!

I can view the installation using windows 7 and the PuTTY programme, both seem to show the 'storage' folder, but I can't see a kodi folder there. Should I be trying to add it from within Kodi?

Again, apologies from an old hardware engineer well out of his deapth!

Is there a link anywhere to an explantion I've missed?

Very new to Linux and even newer to Libreelec, but am very impressed so far; I seem to have the same issue, installed the chrome addon (x86 system), checked the config, looks ok, it appears in the addon drop down menu, hi lights but nothing happens whern i click it. Maybe the same issue as AR but not sure how I get out of Kodi and find the missing libxcb etc?