invalid wifi key

• Here are two test images for RPi4 and Generic (GBM) that contain connman/iwd with latest patches/changes (HEAD):

https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreE….arm-11.0.1.tar

https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreE…6_64-11.0.1.tar

If others can confirm things are resolved we'll get the changes submitted and merged.

Thanx for the very fast build;

some autoconnects, some not, I grabbed that scenario: failure in GUI (no autoconnect), but was able to manually connect by entering the passphrase - so no invalid key :) - then connect - around 5 boots, 2x passphrase requests, 3 okay.

Your log chewitt53-test-no-autoconnect.log -> http://ix.io/4rTi

I guess you compiled iwd master like me? But is it wise to change more than one software part when tracking a bug (I mean connman here). Just my thought... I only replaced iwd and checked that with different LE versions.

There is some difference in the iwds

# ldd /usr/lib/iwd <- your version #53

/usr/lib/libarmmem-v7l.so => /usr/lib/libarmmem-v7l.so (0xf7ce0000)

libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0xf7b70000)

/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 => /usr/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0xf7d09000)

ldd /storage/bin/iwd <- on OSMC compiled version

/usr/lib/libarmmem-v7l.so => /usr/lib/libarmmem-v7l.so (0xf7d00000)

libdl.so.2 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.2 (0xf7cd0000)

libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0xf7b60000)

/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 => /usr/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0xf7d30000)

Could be this relevant? Your LE version doesn't use libdl.so.2

Edited once, last by ajbathe: added ldd info (March 26, 2023 at 6:45 PM).

• Here is the log of a boot with successful autoconnect of Linux version 6.1.19 (chewitt@toolbox) (aarch64-none-elf-gcc-12.2.0 (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.39) #1 SMP Sun Mar 26 10:51:02 UTC 2023

http://ix.io/4rUs

The log by boot given in #55 had

Code
    Mar 26 19:08:47 raspi connmand[743]: ../plugins/iwd.c:cm_network_connect_cb() /net/connman/iwd/0/3/4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b_psk connect failed: net.connman.iwd.Failed

here in the working case we don't see that.

Added:

And of course, I wanted to know how many times an autoconnect will be successfull with your version: The result: 76 boots were ok, 25 not. Pattern: http://ix.io/4rVg

no info means no connect - just a simple shell script via crond for counting.

Conclusion: I don't know the changes of connman source from 11.0.1 official to the version #53, I used the RPi4 LE11.0 official versions and only replaced IWD with the currently master version. I don't know how meaningful a comparision with my numbers are, but 12/13 with LE11.01 compared with 25 is a double.

And my main question now is: Why does it function > 75% in both test scenarios and the rest not? And my last suggestion: I read many complains of that problem here, it seems to exist quite a longer time. What about announcing the test images more on the top.I think it is a little bit "lost" here in one single thread.

Edited once, last by ajbathe: added 101run-test (March 27, 2023 at 12:02 AM).

• Please connect once manually:

System -> LibreELEC -> Network Wireless Networks has to be active

-> Connections -> Your WiFi -> Connect

If kodi restarts, just do it again. Than I guess you will be happy a little bit. There is still an autoconnect issue... So you might try it more than once.

If you have entered your working passphrase, just reboot sometimes and report whether you got a working connection.

Added: Hmmm, besides the fact of seeing an "insulted liverwurst" :D we have the information that he got an IP with chewitts-test-image. Nice :)

Edited once, last by ajbathe (March 28, 2023 at 1:25 PM).

• When you follow the link and some other klicks u can see under

[le12] iwd: update to 2.4 by heitbaum · Pull Request #7703 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    ver 2.4: Fix issue with FT-over-Air and same channel operation. Fix issue with AP mode and missing support for GTK. Fix issue with AP mode and channel switch…
    github.com

that iwd has a new revision 2.4. Then u can test this software part. I did that with my Raspberry Pi 4 (RPi4) and did 101 tests (101x times I swithed the computer off and on) and 97% of these runs were good, only 4 were bad (means no autoconnect). No autoconnect means you got an IP but not the wifi interface really up.

Till today, nobody nows why this is like it is. And because my system starts some news feed at the bottom, I can judge how fast the connections get etablished. Is the text short, did it take a longtime for connecting the WiFi-interface, is the text longer (it had more time to print) the time to bring up the interface was shorter, so the news feed "printer" could print more letters. Means the connection was built up faster.

What you don't know, that I don't do that manually, there is some mechanism were you can tell the machine, reboot after being 30 secs up and then reboot yourself. I count the loops and say what the computer tested by itself when I was doing something else.

That was now the long version of what that means.

The second answer I would say: As long as your hardware will function, maybe 15 years, maybe 5 mins. Nobody knows that. When your system has an RTC (Real Time Clock) your clock will run with quite a good time till the battery is empty, otherwise you could have 15 years just your personal but wrong time and date.

Aehmm, I forgot to say Welcome back ^^

Edited 5 times, last by ajbathe: Ein Beitrag von ajbathe mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt. (March 29, 2023 at 3:23 PM).

• in other word. nobody knows when it will be fixed?

Don't argue with the Guys.

They (especially chewitt) are "The Big Bosses" here and they kick you out of the Board if you are rude and complain to much !

For me, WiFi didn't work in LebreELEC 11 too, and when I asked why it is so here on this Board, they also tell me that there is an Error within Kodi.

So, they released a "faulty" Version and they know about the Bug (this is called the "Banana Principle"), but I won't argue with them because they are too "high and mighty".

I simply installed an old, working Version of LibreELEC because LibreELEC 11 didn't offer Things I really need.

Please be patient, install an old Version of LibreELEC, and maybe, sometimes in the Future, there will be a Version of LibreELEC where WiFi is working again without any tinkering by the User.

• they can't stand criticism in their geek brains. but look how effective they became when they received criticism. I don't understand why they can't be that in front of each version. I don't understand that they themselves can be rude just because they sit high up in the system.

thedogg
    March 16, 2023 at 9:22 PM

"Do we have to blindly guess at the problem"

if I had said something like that to a customer, if I were to blindly guess their problem, I would have been fired before a second had passed

I have made what I want to work work. wifi just has to wait. I don't bother to test more versions now. I have tested, 9 and 10 without the wifi working there either. going that far back to 7 or 8 is pointless. come on. kick me out I really don't care

• if I had said something like that to a customer, if I were to blindly guess their problem, I would have been fired before a second had passed

Your not a f**king customer, you entitled sh!t heel. This isn't a company, you didn't buy a product, it's an open source / free software project. It's really quite unbelievable your mindset. If you have a problem, then isolate it, and go to the upstream project that maintains the software and get their help. It's unreasonable to ask a team of 6 or 8 people to support you, your hardware, your network, your life, for free.

Users like you are why projects like these fall apart, and people lose interest in contributing. You have a problem, then contribute to the solution rather than being a bunch of whiners. Take some damn responsibility, or pay someone to support your lazy ass.

• "Do we have to blindly guess at the problem"

if I had said something like that to a customer, if I were to blindly guess their problem, I would have been fired before a second had passed

I start feeling sorry for your customers, as if you don't understand such simple thing like OSS support models, very likely you are failing with much serious things for them.

Here is the simple Etiquette Guidebook for users who don't pay anything for what they are getting. Don't agree with some/all? That's fine, hire people to send them your requests and demand from them, simple as that:

• Say thank you for the project before making an inquiry about a new feature.
    • When opening an issue, create a small, isolated, simple, reproduction of the issue.
    • When opening an issue, if you’re unable to resolve it yourself, please explain that. The expectation is that you resolve the issues you bring up. If someone else does it, that’s a gift they’re giving to you.
    • Don’t file issues that say things like “is this even maintained anymore?” A comment like this is insulting to the time they have put in, it reads as though the project is not valid anymore just because they needed a break, or were working on something else, or their dad died or they had a kid or any other myriad human reasons for not being at the beck and call of code. It’s totally ok to ask if there’s a roadmap for the future, or to decide based on past commits that it’s not maintained enough for your liking. It’s not ok to be passive aggressive to someone who created something for you for free.
    • If someone respectfully declines a PR because, though valid code, it’s not the direction they’d like to take the project, don’t keep commenting on the pull request. At that point, it might be a better idea to fork the project if you feel strongly the need for a feature.
    • When you want to submit a really large pull request to a project you’re not a core contributor on, it’s a good idea to ask via an issue if the direction you’d like to go makes sense.
    • Avoid entitlement. The maintainers of the project don’t owe you anything. When you start using the project, it becomes your responsibility to help maintain it. If you don’t like the way the project is being maintained, be respectful when you provide suggestions and offer help to improve the situation.
    • Before doing anything on a project, familiarize yourself with the contributor guidelines often found in a CONTRIBUTING.md file at the root of the repository. If one does not exist, file an issue to ask if you could help create one.