invalid wifi key

• it is just garbage. charge instead and you have to deliver something that actually works.

Why so rude? The problem is known and I am sure problem will get solved soon. Don't forget that many people work for nothing on projects like this. Your attitude is strange to me. Paying for something is not a sign of quality. My systems work quite well - exept that one needs WiFi (no cable possible). So we just have to wait or use our skills to help finding the bug.

• Why so rude? The problem is known and I am sure problem will get solved soon. Don't forget that many people work for nothing on projects like this. Your attitude is strange to me. Paying for something is not a sign of quality. My systems work quite well - exept that one needs WiFi (no cable possible). So we just have to wait or use our skills to help finding the bug.

Imagine the abuse he’d be giving if he was actually paying for the product.

• when you know what the error is, spend more time troubleshooting before you release a new version

Because people will start asking when Kodi 20.1 will be released, and other fixes are delivered. Even commercial products will do this -- this is why they have known issues in release notes.

• LibreELEC is a project not a product. Ever evolving like many others on Github. The developers have nobody to answer to, but the user base have everything to be thankful for.

LE comes with no warranty expressed or implied. Unhappy users are welcome at anytime to walk away and try something else . That’s the brilliance of the open source world. Many clearly do not grasp that concept.

• I can report some success: with LE11.0.1 on my RPi4 I can connect to Wifi again, but:

First I don't see the networks (but wired LAN) on the LE-GUI. After executing

iwctl station wlan0 scan

the networks appear and I can connect. The files within /var/lib/iwd look good; even within /storage/.cache/connman a directory wifi_e45f01a86411_4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b_managed_psk gets created with its setting file. I can connect manually, but not by booting. But for me its :)

My automatocally created setting:

[wifi_e45f01a86411_4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b_managed_psk]

Name=Linux-Network

SSID=4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b

Frequency=0 <---- weird?

Favorite=true

AutoConnect=true

Modified=2023-03-24T17:59:21Z

Passphrase=******************

IPv4.method=dhcp

IPv4.DHCP.LastAddress=192.168.178.31

IPv6.method=off

IPv6.privacy=prefered

Added: A Refresh within the GUI will also let the WiFi-networks appear. Within manual testing (GUI connect and disconnect) I saw once the invalid/key message.

Edited 2 times, last by ajbathe (March 24, 2023 at 5:32 PM).

• kernel 6.1.19 was the one to save us all but failed. what is the name of the next savior? and don't say jesus.

If you go back and read, that is not what was said. In fact it was explicitly stated it may not fix your issue.

I can report some success: with LE11.0.1 on my RPi4 I can connect to Wifi again

Based on logs I have seen, the problem seems to be communication/signaling between connman & iwd. It might be a good idea to see if connman developers have any insight (see below for their details). There is also a patch specifically about hidden SSIDs & invalid-key, which I think was your problem? This would require you to apply the patch to LE, rebuild, and test. Author is waiting for feedback from others to see if it resolves the problem. I think the problem your finding here is no one from the development team seems to have the problem. I am also using RPi4 with LE12 & LE11, and don't have any issues. So it's either hidden SSIDs, or perhaps something illegal about the passphrase that iwd doesn't like, don't really have any clue.

[PATCH] service: Fix hidden service with wrong passphrase - VAUTRIN Emmanuel (Canal Plus Prestataire)

Edited once, last by frakkin64: Merged a post created by frakkin64 into this post. (March 24, 2023 at 6:39 PM).

• > which I think was your problem?

nope, my passphrase are only numbers. but I can state: 11.01 is better and manually usable, but who want's to connect after every (re)boot ;)

and connects with connmanctl are also possible, just tested it

• nope, my passphrase are only numbers. but I can state: 11.01 is better and manually usable, but who want's to connect after every (re)boot

Yeah weird. By the way the Frequency thing is nothing as far as I know. Mine is also 0, and no problems choosing the 5GHz band and auto-connecting, so I don't know if I would waste a lot of time on chasing that one.

• Based on the total number of issue reports to this forum and our IRC channel I'm calculating this problem is impacting ~0.0009% of the users running LE11 images. That level of "failure" is excellent. Of course we would prefer it to be 0%, but as with most things in life 100% perfect is never realistic and/or would require so much time/effort and testing that some combination of "no fool would ever volunteer to the project" and "sorry, too busy testing to make releases" would apply. At some point you have to call time and cut the release. You are all welcome to roll back to something earlier if that works for you. You are all welcome to go play with Kodi on Android or Windows or .. some other distro too; if you feel we're doing such an intolerable job.

In reference to patches; the "service: Fix hidden service with wrong passphrase" patch is adding support for flagging an invalid-key, not resolving an issue where invalid-key is being flagged which is a subtle but important difference. IMHO the description contains all the right keywords to sound interesting but I don't think this is relevant. No harm in testing it though.

As nobody on staff can reproduce this .. someone needs to start sharing connman and iwd debug logs. They will be verbose and sizeable but are often quite human-readable. The issue is likely in the comms between connman and iwd.

• Ok, I just tested your version on my Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5. It looks better than the offical release, but some oddity still exists.

After updating via your tar into .update, Kodi crashed once and restarted. The network connection with only one 5 GHz works again and autoconnect works again too, but sometimes, I have to enter the passphrase again?!

I produced some two very nice logs for you:

a run without entering a password you can study on http://ix.io/4rM3

the run with: http://ix.io/4rM1

I cannot calculate how many percent the password will get asks without changing anything - I will do that next - but entering the passphrase is less than the working case. My two thumbs are up :) Looks very good, but not perfect *smile*

The result of my last test (20 restarts without changing anything):

3 times asked for the passphrase, 17 not

1- 4x+ 2x- 13x+ (minus means asking for phassphrase, plus means not), so we have 15% here in this test case (non represantive, I guess ;) And the best: I do know my WiFi-password again. Question: For how long?

Edited 5 times, last by ajbathe: added result and corrected urls (March 25, 2023 at 9:54 AM).

• My analysis of the two logs:

search for agent_request_passphrase :

in r4M1 (with password phrase request) we see two entries; between them we see

Code
    Mar 25 09:41:37.060979 raspi connmand[740]: ../plugins/iwd.c:agent_request_passphrase()
    Mar 25 09:41:37.161302 raspi connmand[740]: ../plugins/iwd.c:station_property_change() /net/connman/iwd/0/3 state connecting
    Mar 25 09:41:37.161356 raspi connmand[740]: ../plugins/iwd.c:station_property_change() /net/connman/iwd/0/3 connected_network /net/connman/iwd/0/3/4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b_psk
    Mar 25 09:41:37.165507 raspi connmand[740]: ../plugins/iwd.c:network_property_change() /net/connman/iwd/0/3/4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b_psk connected 1
    Mar 25 09:41:37.165538 raspi connmand[740]: ../plugins/iwd.c:update_network_connected() interface name wlan0 index 3
    Mar 25 09:41:37.200715 raspi connmand[740]: ipconfig state 3 ipconfig method 1
    Mar 25 09:41:37.539385 raspi connmand[740]: ../plugins/iwd.c:cm_network_connect_cb() /net/connman/iwd/0/3/4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b_psk connect failed: net.connman.iwd.Failed

In the good case there is only one request:

Code
    Mar 25 09:46:28.017720 raspi connmand[744]: ../plugins/iwd.c:agent_request_passphrase()
    Mar 25 09:46:28.118232 raspi connmand[744]: ../plugins/iwd.c:station_property_change() /net/connman/iwd/0/3 state connecting
    Mar 25 09:46:28.118279 raspi connmand[744]: ../plugins/iwd.c:station_property_change() /net/connman/iwd/0/3 connected_network /net/connman/iwd/0/3/4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b_psk
    Mar 25 09:46:28.123647 raspi connmand[744]: ../plugins/iwd.c:network_property_change() /net/connman/iwd/0/3/4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b_psk connected 1
    Mar 25 09:46:28.123682 raspi connmand[744]: ../plugins/iwd.c:update_network_connected() interface name wlan0 index 3
    Mar 25 09:46:28.165614 raspi connmand[744]: ipconfig state 3 ipconfig method 1

The statement that the bug lies between connman and iwd is right.

Code
    Mar 25 09:41:37.539385 raspi connmand[740]: ../plugins/iwd.c:cm_network_connect_cb() /net/connman/iwd/0/3/4c696e75782d4e6574776f726b_psk connect failed: net.connman.iwd.Failed

It is out of my ability to say why it fails here in this case. Remember: I didn't change anything. Weird... Maybe some timing?

Edited once, last by ajbathe (March 25, 2023 at 10:47 AM).

• when you know what the error is, spend more time troubleshooting before you release a new version

this is very disgusting, please feel free to go away and don't bother other people with your completely exaggerated attitude. and petediscrete is right when I think of your behaviour when you'd pay for a very nice open source software which works quite very good since many years; this is my qualified experience

Maybe you will be happier when you pay some bucks for some (closed and proprietary consumer product made in e.g. China); but I guess you just have fun to troll within some forums ...

• An image for RPi4 with two additional patches from the connman list for someone to test. I have low expectations that either patch will resolve anything, but for the sake of a 30-second rebuild: https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreE….arm-11.0.1.tar

After my tests above I "downgraded" to official image LE11.0.1 and the autoconnect is worse again. password has to be given, not boot resistant and after giving the password, no connection possible (2 tries). Do you need a log for the official version? Or are the logs above enough for you? I will update to your version again. Your 30-secs-rebuild for the sake saved my day ;)

Edited once, last by ajbathe (March 25, 2023 at 12:06 PM).

• The statement that the bug lies between connman and iwd is right.

It might be useful to capture iwd debug logging. Try this and you will find debug logging in journalctl --unit=iwd.

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.config/system.d/iwd.service.d
    cat > /storage/.config/system.d/iwd.service.d/debug.conf << EOF
    [Service]
    ExecStart=
    ExecStart=/usr/lib/iwd -d
    EOF