LibreELEC (Nexus) 11 Beta1

• Tbh, I have not tested anything related to playback. Last time (= when it was on the nightly) I did, I had a video (sindel) + its subtitles to test how they look on kodi 20, because I asked for a change in the default font. However, this change has not come yet and I doubt if it will for nexus's lifecycle. I did notice some shuttering though on that video's (h264) playback, but nothing more than that.

Where I do notice a lot of shuttering (almost unwatchable) is on le 10 and 11 x64 on my old laptop, since the very first betas of le 10. I will open a new thread about it when I can. No issue with le 9 though, that is why I have kept it for so long.

• I have a noob question regarding HDR and the latest Nexus beta 1. From the latest blog post:

(...) The Generic image now runs the same GBM/V4L2 graphics stack we have long used with ARM platforms. It now supports HDR with recent AMD and Intel GPUs.

My LibreELEC PC is an Intel® NUC Coffee Lake i5-8259U with an onboard Intel Iris Plus 655 GPU. Does this mean HDR is now supported in that GPU? I am not up to date with any hardware details and curious if I understood correctly, that previously HDR was not and is now supported on my specs. :/

Many thanks!

• As it seems, I will probably skip le 11 completely :(

The rpi just decided to stop booting le. It just shows that "rainbow square" when it starts and then the monitor goes to standby, but the activity led keeps blinking. After like 2 minutes, and although the activity led has stopped, I still get no image on the monitor. Tomorrow I will investigate it more, but I have no big hopes.

And x64 has the same old issue with wifi not even being available on boot! I enable it, I ran iwlist scan to scan for networks, it finds both of them that exist around it but connman fails to scan find anything. Bring back wpa_supplicant please!

Last chance for le 11 will be tomorrow with my attempt to run in on an s905 amlogic tvbox.

• As it seems, I will probably skip le 11 completely :(

The rpi just decided to stop booting le. It just shows that "rainbow square" when it starts and then the monitor goes to standby, but the activity led keeps blinking. After like 2 minutes, and although the activity led has stopped, I still get no image on the monitor. Tomorrow I will investigate it more, but I have no big hopes.

And x64 has the same old issue with wifi not even being available on boot! I enable it, I ran iwlist scan to scan for networks, it finds both of them that exist around it but connman fails to scan find anything. Bring back wpa_supplicant please!

Last chance for le 11 will be tomorrow with my attempt to run in on an s905 amlogic tvbox.

You can try the latest OSMC as i am currently doing (this is not an advertisement). It is still 19.5 Kodi, but maybe it will be better for Pi3 in the long run. The reason why i have tried the beta Libreelec was actually another issue that i was having in regard to the latest stable Libreelec release. IPTV live streams, when they buffer (they occasionally do), freeze and only the audio continues to play after that. The last frame gets stuck on the screen. So i gave the Nexus beta a try and i realized that it has more issues in terms of x264 playback (at least for 1080p live streams).

I mean i can understand that there is a new cowboy in town (Pi4), but i refuse to give up my Pi3 :) Pi4 can not even be found in the market and it is toooooo expensive now. Especially if you are in a third world country like me. I can buy a x86 laptop with the amount that i need to pay to buy it. It is crazy.

• The rpi just decided to stop booting le. It just shows that "rainbow square" when it starts and then the monitor goes to standby, but the activity led keeps blinking. After like 2 minutes, and although the activity led has stopped, I still get no image on the monitor. Tomorrow I will investigate it more, but I have no big hopes.

that highly sounds like a SD card issue (dead?) and less likely a power supply issue

I enable it, I ran iwlist scan to scan for networks, it finds both of them that exist around it but connman fails to scan find anything. Bring back wpa_supplicant please!

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I need help!

I tried updating my old Intel NUC (DC53427HYE / i5-3427U / Intel HD Graphics 4000) (2013 model) from 10.0.4 to both generic versions of LE11 (10.95.0) and both produced problems with audio (some DTS-HD MA files) would play as "DTS" and had slight juddering in the picture. Now I cannot roll back to 10.0.4. During boot, it says my hardware is not compatible with 10.0.04 (WTF?)

I can't find 10.0.0 to try. How can I safely roll back?

Update: I found out that you cannot roll back from 10.95.0 legacy version to 10.0.4, so I installed the regular 10.95.0 and rolled back to 10.0.4 successfully. Now I know not to update to LE11 until the issues are fixed.

Edited 2 times, last by blueribb (January 30, 2023 at 9:56 PM).

• I have used "Limited" in Kodi video system setting in the past, with the LibreELEC 11 Beta1 I am getting washed out colors with that setting.

Switching to "Full" seems to crush blacks on first sights.

I am using an Asrock J3455-ITX (Apollo Lake) and my TV is not capable of displaying Full RGB.

Found a workaround to enable full range RGB on GBM using proptest in autostart.sh after searching this and Kodi.tv forum.

Now video levels are back to normal for me.

• Updated 2 Rpi4s from 10.0.4 without issues. Speed and stability seems to be slightly better. Had a longstanding issue with LE spontaneously rebooting when generating thumbnails for photos, that also seems to be fixed in 11. So that's nice :-).

Thanks for all your hard work!

• that highly sounds like a SD card issue (dead?) and less likely a power supply issue

Maybe. I will flash it again once I am done with le 11 on the s905 tvbox... but I have not even started on that.
    As for the logs, there are plenty of them on my old thread about adding command line parameters to the rpi image. You can check there if you don't mind. There are also logs from the x64 installation that still has the forementioned issue since the nightlies.

The wierd thing about the rpi is that it stopped giving me video output on that debian 11 aarch64 I have on its main sd card. It boots to the rainbow square, it shows some boot messages and then the monitor goes on standby! If it helps, its video out connection is: rpi > hdmi cable > hdmi to dvi adapter > dvi input on a dell monitor. Of all 4, the only thing I have 2 of each and I can change is the hdmi cable :P

And all that happened ~12 hours after the doctor told me to try and stay calm, at least for the following 2-3 weeks :D

• Right now the difference between 10.95.0 and nightlies is basically zero, so that's a placebo update.

This is not quite correct, the kernel update PR (which fixes glitches on all RPis and "no signal with some TVs on RPi4) and an ffmpeg patch update (which can potentially fix playback issues) were merged after 10.95.0 was built

linux (RPi): update to 6.1.8 by HiassofT · Pull Request #7426 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    This should fix two long standing issues: occasional glitches at the bottom of the screen no picture after boot on some TVs Runtime tested on RPi4
    github.com
    ffmpeg: update rpi patch by HiassofT · Pull Request #7410 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Runtime tested on RPi4 @CvH it's fine if you merge this after beta 1, no need to respin builds
    github.com

so long,

Hias

• This is not quite correct, the kernel update PR (which fixes glitches on all RPis and "no signal with some TVs on RPi4) and an ffmpeg patch update (which can potentially fix playback issues) were merged after 10.95.0 was built

https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/7426

https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/7410

so long,

Hias

Hi,

Thank you for informations, that ffmpeg patch could be the difference.

I had picture issues with theadend stream, h264, fullHD and the "famous" deinterlace...

Works far better with the LE11 nightly (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20230129, device: RPi3B+).

• Hi,

I am using sleep.d-script to wakeup/reset my audio connection after a resume from sleep:

Code
        DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr --output DP3 --auto

However the "kodi-xrandr" command is no longer available since it is X11.

Is there a similar command that I can use or should I switch to the Generic-legacy version instead of Generic?

• I have a Gigabyte brix with a intel 12th gen 1220p and having audio problems. Playing a movie with audio passthrough give me random audio cracks and pops. Disabling passthrough is also not working because then i have random drops in audio. Windows and Kodi are working fine but i dont want to use windows. I dont no if 10.0.4 is working because the kernel on that version is too old for the CPU and/or GPU. it will not boot. What to do?