Posts by jim_p

No, it is about x64, the generic-legacy img and my old laptop. Sorry for not mentioning it.

The le 11 issue with wifi is/was platform independant though. I faced it on the nightlies of le 11 from May to September of 2022 on my rpi3b+, until I gave up completely on le there.

Thank you for the new release. I just downloaded it and I am testing it now.

As it seems, it still has the same issue with wifi that le 11 had, because iwd and connman could not work well together. Instead of rebooting until it works, which is what I did on le 11, this time I tried disabling and re-enabling it from le settings. The first time it started after 2 or 3 tries. This time I have already tried 9 or 10, but it still does not come up, so I connected via ethernet to ssh to it, get logs etc.

So, what should I include on the new thread I am about to open?

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but it is the most relevant one to my issue.

I have this gamepad

Code
    [  305.188133@0] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00041901
    [  305.390771@0] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0810, idProduct=0001
    [  305.390787@0] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [  305.390794@0] usb 2-1: Product:  USB Gamepad
    [  305.421210@0] input:  USB Gamepad           as /devices/lm0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/input/input2
    [  305.433236@0] pantherlord 0003:0810:0001.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Joystick [ USB Gamepad          ] on usb-lm0-1/input0
    [  305.433304@0] pantherlord 0003:0810:0001.0001: Force feedback for PantherLord/GreenAsia devices by Anssi Hannula <[email protected]>

this udev rule

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}==" USB Gamepad          ", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{LIBINPUT_IGNORE_DEVICE}="1"
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}==" USB Gamepad          ", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

and I want it to work on dtech's build of le 9.2.8.x for amlogic devices. I have also tested it on le 9.2.6 and 10.0.4 on x64, which are the only ones I have available on my end.

Nothing moves, nothing reacts to button presses. The best I have made it do was to react on some button presses when I am under the input settings. Pressing some buttons there poped up a dialog to configure the pad, I tried it, but again no reaction to button presses. If it helps, the behavior is the same regardless if I set the joystick driver to linux, udev or none.

Errr... probably not. Here is the dmesg.
    https://paste.libreelec.tv/unbiased-cattle.log

In case I did not mention it before, I would like to add that the tvbox becomes visible on the network on the second boot and I don't know when it started. The routine is: I disconnect it from the tv, get it close to my router and then wait for it to show up under my router's connected devices so as to ssh to it and update it. When the boot takes more than like 2 minutes, I unplug it and plug it again, and it then shows up.

In other news, yesterday I failed to install its stock firmware. That is why I asked for the wireless chip, Good thing it still boots from the sd.

Thanks. The annoying thing on my end is that lately I have to boot the tvbox, wait for like 5 minutes for it to show up on my router's connected clients or respond to a ping and, if it does not, then power it off, remove the sd and power it on again (and repeat it as many times I have to) until it connects properly.

When I am updating it, I disconnect it from the tv, I get it close to my router so that the wifi signal is good. If I leave it on the tv, even the ssh section will be laggy.

The following story/issue is part of the "How technology helped me lose my mind completely" book I may write one day :D

So, the all black mxq connects wirelessly to the isp's router, which is one of the worst routers the isps here in Greece provide. It gets a static ip (192.168.2.2) via dhcp binding since ~1 year ago, because mom wants to check what the kids are watching and she does that via kore on her phone.
    When something happens on the tvbox and needs my intervention, I connect via anydesk to the family's pc and then via ssh (the built in command of powershell) to the tvbox. Annoying procedure I know.

One of the things I wanted to change for 2024 was to ssh straight to the tvbox, without all the above. So, I created a new (and the ONLY) port forward on the router which forwared a random public port (over 20000) to the tvboxs port 22. Without even trying to see if whole thing works remotely, I tried to connect locally with the forementioned procedure. Not only poweshell popped this error and the tvbox did not allow me to connect

Code
    kex_exchange_identification: write: Connection reset

but in order to fix it I had to remove the port forward completely!

As for the gamepad... it still does not work despite the udev rule :(

Let me explain what I meant on the other thread, just to let you know that your build does not have an issue.

As I have mentioned in the past, I have an s905 tvbox which only works with chewitt's le 12 build, on which it boots from an sd card. Before that, and before your builds for s905, I had ce 9.2.6 on its emmc and a fully configured kodi in it, e.g. with youtube and twitch, access to my dlna server for media, iptv with a list I maintain, weather info, and even a couple of games.

After that, let's say that "curiosity killed the cat", because with le 11 returning to amlogic and most addons becoming python3 only, I decided to install it at all costs. You know the rest of the story, I have mentioned it here before.
    The thing I first installed on it was the iptv part, which I use as a backup when my aerial reception has issues, and frankly it is the only thing I don't want to break right now. I have been through a lot since late October/early November and I have lost any motivation to do more than what is absolutely necessary for stuff to work. E.g. my dlna server died in early September, I was planning to replace it by December, but I won't replace it at all.
    For that reason, installing your build on the s905 tvbox (or even at an s912 tvstick that I found a couple of months ago), is just a "wish" I will probably never fulfil.

That's all I had to say. Thank you for listening. Have a nice day :)

Any idea on how to make this gamepad work on the all black mxq? It works fine on the pc (tested only on windows' built in app for checking the controllers) and it does show up inside kodi as you can see on the image below, but nothing happens when pressing the arrows/keys/joysticks. I have tried connecting it on all 4 usbs and changing its driver from linux to udev.

I have also tried an older, and better, gamepad from spartangear, which worked first try.

Code
    [  305.188133@0] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00041901
    [  305.390771@0] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0810, idProduct=0001
    [  305.390787@0] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [  305.390794@0] usb 2-1: Product:  USB Gamepad
    [  305.421210@0] input:  USB Gamepad           as /devices/lm0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/input/input2
    [  305.433236@0] pantherlord 0003:0810:0001.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Joystick [ USB Gamepad          ] on usb-lm0-1/input0
    [  305.433304@0] pantherlord 0003:0810:0001.0001: Force feedback for PantherLord/GreenAsia devices by Anssi Hannula <[email protected]>

We have reached 6.7, which is now stable and is there since the previous build (the one before Jan 9th), yet the wifi issue remains :(

https://paste.libreelec.tv/flexible-ghoul.log

Honest question. Can I install this on a usb stick and free my sd card for something more important like openwrt? Will it still boot from the stick now that its boot method has changed and it no longer looks inside its emmc for an os?
    Ideally, I would rather install dtech's 9.2.x build on its emmc, since there is no real benefit of using the latest version of kodi or le just for iptv.