Posts by twilightened

I also get the same return when i try to download. I guess their download servers are down at the moment.

I'd say you'd never have enough pis :)

PS: Just to clarify my answer, these little buggers can be utilized to do a pleathora of things. Even if you don't plan on using it today, you can definitely need a pi for any future projects of yours. So keeping one at arms's length would be a good idea. It is a worthy investment. It does not spoil or go bad. It just stays on the shelf until you come up with a new idea. I love these things. I wish i had bought more when they were cheap. They are worth the same as a laptop now in my home country (our economy went bust).

I have had the same experience. LE 9.2.7 and LE 9.2.8 are rock solid with video and audio playback on my rpi2/3/3B+ computers. Anytime there is a disruption in the stream then both the video and audio pause. When the stream restarts then both video and audio resume.

This is not the case with LE 10+ and LE 11+.

I have tried new installs of each official release of LE 10 and LE 11. Whenever there is a disruption in the stream then the video either becomes a static image or goes black. When the stream resumes the audio continues and the video remains stuck. I have a network switch nearby where I can confirm from the blinking lights that the stream is continuing as well.

This is a significant problem that makes the newer versions of LE 10+ and LE 11+ unusable for me.

Exactly. I still am on LE 9 (kodi leia) on my tv box. Some addons unfortunately i can't use (due to python version). But i am refusing to update. My RPI3 can easily decode HEVC on Leia. The newest Kodi can't even properly play videos. I wish i could still use Leia on my RPI OS. The repo has the matrix version. And it sucks.

It's a "grey zone" between powered enough and no enough power. The current consumption not "flat", it's dinamic, and sometimes, for short time, can be insufficient, leading to strange issues. I had some strange freezing issues with my RPi3B, after changed the power source, no more freezing...

And why only the picture freezing... probably it's something with media player or the codec, when in the stream some issue occurred, sometimes the video part can't be recovered, remaining blocked, meantime the audio part continued... that can explain why with a skip forward the video started working again.

This happens to me all over the board, rpi3, rpi4, different power cables and sources. Doesn't matter. It is not a power issue. Streams do get interrupted and only the audio returns. It started after the big update which is called Matrix. Leia did not have this problem.

Sal0kyn
    April 20, 2023 at 8:34 AM
    Morphy
    December 31, 2022 at 1:55 PM

Now that you have the logs, i suggest you to open a bug report in official Kodi github.

Issues · xbmc/xbmc
    Kodi is an award-winning free and open source home theater/media center software and entertainment hub for digital media. With its beautiful interface and…
    github.com

And just on the off chance that it is not a Kodi bug but a Libreelec bug, you can also open the same bug report in here too:

Issues · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Just enough OS for KODI. Contribute to LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

It is highly likely that this is associated with this:

Morphy
    December 31, 2022 at 1:55 PM

Today i wanted to watch a live youtube broadcast. It was a basketball match. My Pi3 is "cable connected" to my router. My internet connection is 50mbps and stable. I do not have any other issues regarding youtube playback on any other devices that i have which are connected to the same network, even on wifi. The youtube addon that i am using for playback is from official Kodi repository. The very same issue that we all mention in this thread was replicated while i tried to watch this live game. Video playback momentarily stopped (probably due to buffering) and after that, only the audio continued to play. The frozen video frame stayed on screen. I had to stop and restart the video. I tried to increase the buffer amount to max (100mb) in the youtube addon settings to no avail. After a few incidents, i just gave up and watched the rest of the game on my laptop on Chrome, which is wifi connected. I had no more issues.

I do not remember any such problem when i was using Libreelec 9.*. This started after 10.* and forward. I have tried 11 beta and it also has this. People with very fast and stable internet connections probably do not really experience this (or maybe they do) as their streams are never interrupted, but people who do not have "perfect" internet connections are definitely scratching their heads due to this.

Link for github bug report: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/issues/6993