Is it worth buying another 8GB

• My Dell 3040 arrived today. Is it worth buying another 8GB of RAM to bring it up to its limit of 16GB? I know LE/Kodi will run in a lot less but I don't know if it can make use of the extra.

I've tried searching the forum but I either get a tsunami of replies or nothing.

• My Dell 3040 arrived today. Is it worth buying another 8GB of RAM to bring it up to its limit of 16GB? I know LE/Kodi will run in a lot less but I don't know if it can make use of the extra.

I've tried searching the forum but I either get a tsunami of replies or nothing.

Well if you intend to use the machine for purposes other than Kodi of course. Assuming it came with a decent SSD of 256gb or more that’s one area you’ll notice a marked difference. Both are so cheap these days why not.

• Nope - having 2 memory modules will help performance a *little* on low end/low power machines that have dual channel RAM capability, but Kodi will almost never use more than 2 GB of it.

• I'd say you'd never have enough pis :)

PS: Just to clarify my answer, these little buggers can be utilized to do a pleathora of things. Even if you don't plan on using it today, you can definitely need a pi for any future projects of yours. So keeping one at arms's length would be a good idea. It is a worthy investment. It does not spoil or go bad. It just stays on the shelf until you come up with a new idea. I love these things. I wish i had bought more when they were cheap. They are worth the same as a laptop now in my home country (our economy went bust).

• I'd say you'd never have enough pis :)

PS: Just to clarify my answer, these little buggers can be utilized to do a pleathora of things. Even if you don't plan on using it today, you can definitely need a pi for any future projects of yours. So keeping one at arms's length would be a good idea. It is a worthy investment. It does not spoil or go bad. It just stays on the shelf until you come up with a new idea. I love these things. I wish i had bought more when they were cheap. They are worth the same as a laptop now in my home country (our economy went bust).

Prices will hopefully go down soon.

Raspberry Pi CEO: ‘Million-Unit Months’ Are Ahead
    From July 2023 we could see a million Raspberry Pis per month
    www.tomshardware.com